'00 EM1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should paint your radiator & condenser stays the same color as the VC, look at my build thread, I did a bunch of stuff like that under my hood.
I was thinking about that too, but I wasn't sure if it would be just too much blue..I may test it out and see how it looks.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh and I got my header in tonight, it's actually a 4-2-1 one piece header not a 4-1. But I still like it, makes my car sound different, kinda raspier now...is it supposed to sound like that? And I finally put on my front license plate, with zip-ties xD its off center now, and I threw on the bumper tonight too. Putting up some pix tomorrow morning

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh and I got my header in tonight, it's actually a 4-2-1 one piece header not a 4-1. But I still like it, makes my car sound different, kinda raspier now...is it supposed to sound like that? And I finally put on my front license plate, with zip-ties xD its off center now, and I threw on the bumper tonight too. Putting up some pix tomorrow morning
If its the ceramic header then yea it will sound a little bit raspier... I have the 4-1 for my d16 and thats the best way to describe it especially in the mid rpms like 2500-4000 rpms.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha first em1 i seen in years that still has the si emblem on the grill still. most take em off
I've been thinking about taking off the emblems on the back of my car, but I actually really like the Si emblem on the front. Well I like it for now, I'll probably go to a more subtle look after I finally buy my coilovers. I'm thinking about taking off that Civic decal on the rear windshield of my car.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I say lose the Si emblem.

Ground control & Koni Yellows is one of the most popular setups. They actually design them to work together.

Corbenick

I absolutely love my civic picked it up for only $4000 with 156k miles and its an SI. Craigslist is your best friend when looking for one lol. But it's my first car and will probably be my favorite for years to come just because there is so much you can do to them. Like that Valve Cover painting really only cost me about $35 because I had to get a new gasket and I had a discount =) I love working on my car lol

Thanks man!
ugh craigslist i saw a 00 si on there but the guy want 8500 for it O.o

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say lose the Si emblem.
Ground control & Koni Yellows is one of the most popular setups. They actually design them to work together.
I'm debating on it, thinking about taking almost everything off. And I might go with F&F Cause I can get them for about $250 cheaper than GC & Koni Yellows

Poolish the vtec and etc and paint the sparkplug cover white to much blue going on
I'm gonna get it done right here in a week or so. Gotta get some air craft paint stripper instead of only using sandpaper...you can still see the old wrinkle from the black paint before. Gotta get all the paint off. Then gonna primer, blue enamel, and clear coat it. And polish up the raised words on the VC. I repainted the sparkplug cover flat black and like it better than blue. I'll probably put some more bay pictures up once I get the VC done. I feel like I'm putting up too many pictures of the same damn thing lol

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking for an old valve cover to put on my car so I can send the one I want painted away to get sandblasted and then I can do it right..got a few more things two days ago, now just gotta wait to get them in the mail.

Got a mugen front lip, type r rear lip (both polyurethane), blue stitched shift boot, and a ram air intake to replace my existing AEM cold air intake. And I already got my mugen shifter knob =)

If anyone is interested I'll be selling my OEM Si strut tower bar, a ram air intake I didn't like that came from craigslist and my AEM cold air intake (after I get my new one). PM if interested but I'll make a quick FS thread about it.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Got my ram air intake, front and rear lips (front: mugen, rear: type r), and a few more things. Got into a small wreck today, some lady decided to turn right in front of me. No real damage except for my bumper is a little bruised and the clips on my driver side headlight are f*cked...getting some epoxy for plastic tonight and attempting to repair it. I'll put pix up after I get both lips and my ram air intake on it.

Decided to wrap my wink mirror and my old type r front lip in digital camo duct tape. I think it looks sweet. May swap out the front lip and take some more pix sometime.

SevenSeries

Sorry to hear about the little accident dude, wink mirror looks sweet! I'm stuck on Broadway or Wink can't decide :(
Your car looks nice! I can't wait to see the updates.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So this is pretty much the final look of my civic since I may be trading it for a CRX here in the next couple weeks, got bored and decided to wrap my type r front lip and my wink mirror in digi camo duct tape. Changed the CAI to a ram air.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I was excited about this thread until I saw that you were getting rid of the em1. I got my em1 a few years ago in similar condition to how yours was. I have done a ton of work to it and its really clean now, and I love it. I love rex's too, but the only way I would trade straight up is if the body had new panels, no rust, and it had a good swap. But whatever, its your car.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I don't plan to straight up trade, if all goes well we'll be trading and he'll be throwing in about $1,000 - $1,500

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I suppose that I'm not trading my car anytime soon. I never could get a time together to meet up with the guy so I'm just gonna keep my car. Just got a nice new set of tools for Christmas so it's about time to get down to business on finishing my car up. But I need some advice on what kind of new spark plugs to get, I know I want NGK's but I'm not sure about what kind. Are the Iridium IX's a little excessive?

Status
Not open for further replies.