1987 RT-AWD WAGOVAN build!!

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is like one of those games on the back of the cereal boxes...can u find 7 differences?

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure the difference on the engines man but i do know you can get adjustable cam gears for a zc from just click here

edit.. i cant find them on there right now but if you call them and talk to them they do have them i know 100%

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure the difference on the engines man but i do know you can get adjustable cam gears for a zc from just click here

edit.. i cant find them on there right now but if you call them and talk to them they do have them i know 100%
Called yesterday, hard to get them on the phone!

I'll call again today. Thanks so much for the heads up.

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am pretty sure the ZC is the same as a D16A6 SOHC. Most all your parts come from that motor. Axles, motor mounts, header, intake manifold. But man it's been so long sense the last time I swapped a ZC.

OVNi_CIVIC

Revise
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice build! i posted on your build thread @ redpepperracing too.

the 4wd tranny will bolt up to any d-series engines, with the exception of one bolt, in the rear

4wd is dee bess :P

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update:

The following items have arrived this week:

New water pump, timing belt, and tensioner.
New Vision 10.2mm spark plug wires (red silicone) and NGK platinum plugs
New Distributer Cap and Button
Universal red breather filter
VC Gasket kit, Oil Pan Gasket
New Alternator
New V-Belt and Idler Belt
Misc. New Hoses

Engine stand and hoist arriving from in-law on Saturday afternoon. Hoping to have the d15 OUT this weekend, or very soon thereafter. We'll see how it all goes down.

The wagon saga continues :D ...

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
...oh, and today's Golden Star goes to anyone who can get JGEngine Dynamics to answer their phone!!

LOL, sorry, I teach elementary school!

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What is going on with this??? WE NEED UPDATES!!!
oohhhh, brother, I HAVE been working very hard at this during little amounts of spare time to get everything together, trust me.

I'll have some updates soon. Plans have changed though, but all is cool. Engine is getting some big revamps, and this thing should be coming together soon.

I'll post pics and progress once I have something worth sharing! LOL

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
progress...

The brains behind this operation: Local buddy Billy from RPR.

Out! Finally.

Dirty Engine.

Dirty Tranny.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After many changes in plans, the FINAL plan for this build:

Keeping stock d15. Too much wiring hassel for the ZC to work RIGHT NOW. Too much going on in my life, so I just don't have time for a swap that involved.

Stock D15. I bought a custom intake manifold and dual-side-draft carb set-up off of Ebay. Will be there this week.

Going to order a set of headers this week.

New clutch, gaskets, etc...

i cleaned the heck out of the engine and tranny this afternoon, but couldn't snap pics b/c I ran out of daylight. It took about 100 oz. of engine cleaner lol! They are now ready for a fresh coat of paint. Hopefully this upcoming rain will pass over in about two days to let me complete this task.

Progress will be updated daily, as I paint the D15 to get it looking purty, and paint the engine bay to match the exterior. I will then bolt on the new parts, and I hope to slip the engine back in within a week and a half, and send it off for carb tuning. I'm aiming for close to 90 hp and reliability here, along with a clean looking set-up. We'll see.

The ZC and D16a1 are going up for sale, for money for rims and tires.

Thanks for looking!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:drool:

i saw a awd crx the other day. they used the drivedtrain off that wagon your building up.
80's cars were the s**t! good luck with everything bro!

marc111

I ♥ My SEDAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice build buddy!!!!

i had one before but it was a 1990 wagon....i did a b18c swap and it moves like crazy!!!!

anyways GL with it........