1997 DX hatch

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
looks great man youve come a long way, nice job with the cluster, i actually just got an SIR cluster from a freind who was leaving for the army and selling his hatch, so we swapped cluters, free of charge =) your doing a great job with this ek, keep up the good work

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh and how hard was your rear disc conversion?
The swap wasn't that hard at all. It took about two days and one day was spent getting parts I didn't buy beforehand. I did mine with the rear trailing arms from a '99 Si, because they are the easiest to swap. They are a direct replacement for any EG's and EK's so they would work fine on your car too. Make sure you have all the parts before you start (rear trailing arms, calipers, caliper mounting brackets, brake lines, e-brake cables, rotors, pads, brake fluid, and brake cleaner). Do some research to find which e-brake cable will work the best for your car. For mine it was the '99 Si's again, but Integra's will work too. It all depends on the distance (I think the Integra's are longer). Otherwise, you just undo 5 bolts, that can easily be reached, for each side then remove the old rear trailing arm and swap on the new one, hook up the brake lines and cables and bleed the brakes. Some people will say a new proportioning valve is necessary, but with my experience, you can do without it until you can afford or find a replacement.

Long answer short, not that hard haha.

Thanks man, your build is looking pretty nice so far too. I like the new cluster.

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
thanks, but you should definately get a new prop valve, mine went out on me once and my brakes failed and only the left front wheel locked up and i spun out in a two lane road and almost rolled....... moral of story is get that valve..lol, but thanks for the write up on the brakes ill have to give it a try =)

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks, but you should definately get a new prop valve, mine went out on me once and my brakes failed and only the left front wheel locked up and i spun out in a two lane road and almost rolled....... moral of story is get that valve..lol, but thanks for the write up on the brakes ill have to give it a try =)
Oh man that sucks, I was trying to find a good deal on one, but I just need to buy one already. Yeah the conversion is definitely worth it, they feel so much stronger and fade less. Also, it just looks better than rusted drums haha.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Help

Can anyone tell me what this redish looking line is that runs next to the windshield washer fluid line? Is it necessary?

Here's a pic along with my dirty engine bay.

Also, I want to remove some of the units behind my dashboard that I don't need because I took out the AC. Is there anything I can remove that will still allow me to have heat?

Here is another pic behind the glovebox for reference.

Thanks

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The line is for your rear wiper. There is an ac delete piece to take out the core, or you could just leave it unhooked. I took out the core and used aluminum tape inside and out of the holes on mine, because I wanted the option to go back.

radracer

5+ Year Member
what are the part numbers of the e brake cables you used ...i got the integra ones and i have no e brake cuz of them

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^ Did you tighten the cables in the car? or route them correctly?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is the part number for the heater duct if you want to remove the a/c box under the dash. I had one in my last coupe build

79810-SR3-A01 DUCT, HEATER

radracer

5+ Year Member
yes i have the adjuster adjusted all the way tight ... the cables are routed the exact way the old ones were ..... its like they need to be adjusted more but there isnt any more adjustment ....i think the cables are the wrong ones for the car ...i got the 97 teggy gsr cables maybe napa gave me the wrong ones

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^ That wouldn't be impossible I get the wrong parts from parts stores all the time. OEM ftw sir.

radracer

5+ Year Member
yeah im guessing they did, i got the wrong booster and master from em twice .......

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what are the part numbers of the e brake cables you used ...i got the integra ones and i have no e brake cuz of them
Here is a link to the section on Majestic Honda.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1999&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=PARKING+BRAKE

The part numbers are:

Left: 47560-S04-932

Right: 47510-S04-932

They are the cables from an EM1, they are an exact fit on any EK and I think EG.

radracer

5+ Year Member
Thanks Reedmann ,the cables i have are deff the wrong ones i think they are from a teggy sedan, imma see if i can find these local so i can finally have an e brake and do my auto to manual swap

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've had sedan cables in a hatch before. They are a little longer, but my ebrake did work still.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lips

Well, my lips and grill came in the mail today.

I test fit them already, but I'm going to wait to mount them until they are painted. They fit pretty well for being and eBay kit. The paint is ordered and should be coming soon. Right now I am prepping all my trim and the new lips and grill for paint. Hopefully it will all be done by the end of summer.

Last two pics pre-lip.

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
very nice! i wanna get some lips but im to much of a picky person.... i want a mugen lip lol a real one $$$ but its looking great man good luck with everything!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Help with engine swap

So I'm looking at an engine on CL and I need some help. I understand how to do all of the swap except for the wiring. So, the engine is a B18C1 with a GSR wiring harness and P72 ECU. The owner says it was originally OBDII, but was converted to OBDI to be installed into an EG. My question is, what would I need to do to convert it back to OBDII and how hard would wiring it to my car be? I am not very good with wiring. My goal with the swap is to have an OBDII B18C1 so that I can still pass inspection without a problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.