2005 civic ex

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, you may have a little re-course in this. Let me get this straight. He let you into the dealership's work area, left you alone to do work on a car (which is technically his) and you got hurt in there.

You can majorly screw them b/c that is a huge NO NO for the dealerships insurance. From my understanding, customers getting hurt in the work areas will drive up the dealerships premium. You need to keep a very good paper trail from now on. Your hospital details, who you spoke to at the dealership, who let you in there to do work on your own, time and dates. I'd bet that if you threatened them with a lawsuit they would give you back your car and just cancel the deal.
I hope this works for you :].
I hate seeing nice people get screwed :(.. you better be a nice person! Lol.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude just file a lawsuit, its the more effective and easiest way. you can get a butt load off of them, especially getting hurt at the dealership, id say with a good laywer your looking at at least 30g easy money, and the laywer will probably cost what.. between 7-8g

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You got absolutley smoked on your trade in. Kelly Blue Book trade in value for that car in "Good" condition is $2,900. Even "Fair" condition value is $2,250. And considering you were buying a $16K+ car, they had no honest reason to rape you on your trade in, they're still making a solid profit on the other end. Was this a major dealership or a used car joint? This is more used car joint behavior you got thrown at you.
www.kbb.com

I bought my '05 Civic 3 weeks ago, for a price of $14,100.
My trade in: Fair+ condition '99 Sentra, Fair condition trade in value $2,400.
I got them to give me $3,000 for it (I still owed $3,600).
I put down $1,500.
Got a 6.7% APR (my credit score's in the upper 700's)
No sales tax in N.H., no "DMV fees" either, still don't know what that is.
I have $261 payments for 60 months.

That's another thing, you credit must be God-awful to only get a 14.7% rate on a loan for a 2 year old car. The newer the car, the lower the average interest rate on a loan. This whole deal is just bad news for you all around.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just bought my gf's 04 Ex coupe for $13k ;)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dam by the way you guys are talking, sounds like you all are bankin.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, you may have a little re-course in this. Let me get this straight. He let you into the dealership's work area, left you alone to do work on a car (which is technically his) and you got hurt in there.

You can majorly screw them b/c that is a huge NO NO for the dealerships insurance. From my understanding, customers getting hurt in the work areas will drive up the dealerships premium. You need to keep a very good paper trail from now on. Your hospital details, who you spoke to at the dealership, who let you in there to do work on your own, time and dates. I'd bet that if you threatened them with a lawsuit they would give you back your car and just cancel the deal.
yeah but the doctor told me that it was only lil cuts and bruses..i had to give them that day some of the downpayment that i was supposed to but now f**k them i wont give them s**t .do u guys think i may get in trouble for nt giving the downpayment

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok u guys know a lot anout banking and all the s**t ok my apr is 14.76 in how long can i refinance ,would be worth it to save some thousands ?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok u guys know a lot anout banking and all the s**t ok my apr is 14.76 in how long can i refinance ,would be worth it to save some thousands ?
You're gonna have to wait to do a re-fi. You just got a huge loan so your debt to income ratio is low. In order to get a better rate you are going to have to make your car payments on time for at the very least 6 months to a year. You will also have to pay another debt (credit cards etc) on time as well.

Basically you are trying to improve your credit score.

Until then, you are SOL. As for not handing over a down payment, how the heck did the dealer let you drive the new Civic off the lot? I think we all need some more info on your situation.

Where did you buy this car from? A new car dealer's used lot or a Used car dealer? Who is holding the lien to the car? You are going to have to do some homework so you totally understand what you are dealing with. It sounds like you are not 100% sure.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bought it from honda of riverside California
i was supposed to give them 400 cash and 600 in check for the down but i never give it to them cause i got hurt ,mad and left the dealer .im so mad right .this happen to me for doin the thinks without thinking im allready missing my ej7...s**t I SHOULD OF WAIT

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let me ask, are you in possession of the new car now? If you signed a contract that said you would bring in a down payment, you have to give it. If you don't they could attempt to repossess the car. Just pay up and deal with it for at least a year.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i didnt sign anything the checks that i was goin to give them were supossed to be for that so they could be sure that i'll pay them .

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok guys i called the dealer to tell them that how come they havent install the lojack and they passed me to a lady from finance and she told me that it was weird cause the bank hasnt approved the loan that it was weird cause they were taking so long .so i think theres a good chance to give back the car and get mine back.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do it, but dog the s**t out of the car they tried to sell you.
Be careful with that. You don't really know how you are tied to that car. I'd say go to the finance dept and find out what your options are.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its weird cause two weeks passed already and they havent approved the loan .WTF
Dude, don't wait for them to make a move. It sounds like you may not officially own the car. You have no idea what kind of charges you will incur due to mileage or wear and tear. Go back and find out what is going on. You have to put the pressure on them. Especially since they have your other car and title that you signed over.

I got my loan approval through Capitalone Auto Finance in 15 minutes. Got the check in a few days and I'm all set. It should not take 2 weeks to get your finances in order.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i told them that i wanted to give back the car and they told me that it wasnt on me that it was on the bank .