2010 Chicago/Midwest CC Meet

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everything was done myself. Basically it all started around 230 yesterday.
I was 12miles away from my house when it started to overheat. I flipped on the heat since I didn't have a jug of coolant in the car. Pulled into my appointment, messaged my roomie to bring coolant from the house, refilled and headed home. Did fine til I hit the hwy and she shot straight to the top. I pull off and into a McDonald's, leave the car, buy a new thermostat, replace, refill coolant again. Driving fine til I get to my exit on the hwy when it shoots to the top again and low and behold my exit is closed b/c they're repaving the ramp.

I pull over(in construction at that), check coolant, bone dry again. Call AAA stating I need a flatbed w/ 2x4 ramps, not 4x4 b/c I'm too low, wait an hour for them to show. They show w/ NO ramps, so they won't help me unless I sign a damage waiver. EFF THAT!

Finally around 1030pm one of my buddies is able to come help who lived on the other side of the city. We had to flush the system on the hwy, and the car overheated so badly it fried one of the heater hoses. I limped the car home, took today off, already am home from the parts store w/ a new hose and will put it on when I'm done enjoying my coffee, hashbrowns and eggs.

SHEESH!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn that suck about your misfortune good luck with the car and hope to see you guys for the picnic

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what an adventure, props for on the highway fixes, i hate seein my ride on a flatbed..

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Everything was done myself. Basically it all started around 230 yesterday.
I was 12miles away from my house when it started to overheat. I flipped on the heat since I didn't have a jug of coolant in the car. Pulled into my appointment, messaged my roomie to bring coolant from the house, refilled and headed home. Did fine til I hit the hwy and she shot straight to the top. I pull off and into a McDonald's, leave the car, buy a new thermostat, replace, refill coolant again. Driving fine til I get to my exit on the hwy when it shoots to the top again and low and behold my exit is closed b/c they're repaving the ramp.

I pull over(in construction at that), check coolant, bone dry again. Call AAA stating I need a flatbed w/ 2x4 ramps, not 4x4 b/c I'm too low, wait an hour for them to show. They show w/ NO ramps, so they won't help me unless I sign a damage waiver. EFF THAT!

Finally around 1030pm one of my buddies is able to come help who lived on the other side of the city. We had to flush the system on the hwy, and the car overheated so badly it fried one of the heater hoses. I limped the car home, took today off, already am home from the parts store w/ a new hose and will put it on when I'm done enjoying my coffee, hashbrowns and eggs.

SHEESH!
kelly!! your honda is sick?? :( maybe that is why mines been acting up it sensed yours is in trouble

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You didn't see my FB status'? LOL I was ready to blow the car up last night.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont do anything drastic! Wait for me to get there.. I'll bring the matches.. j/k

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You didn't see my FB status'? LOL I was ready to blow the car up last night.
OHHHH dont get me started on F/B statusess lol i try to block all of them i can because people post stupid s**t like" Just got off work going to take a poop" or Making dinner then to go to bed." those are the ones that anger me greatly they think people care about there lives but really... no one does.. Ne ways
That sucks i hope she gets better. Ive had some sensor issues in my car but its fixed now. hope you get yours fixed soon!

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOTE:

For those who are coming-in from out-of state, you do not have to bring anything in terms of food ( :yummy: ). Driving to Chicago is way more then enough contributions. =)
That goes for everyone except for me!! You cannot have a BBQ without meat!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The car is already fixed and running fine. I knows what I'm doings!

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are there any older ladies here? lol
I'm the only one that has stuck around for the last 6 years.
Nope we dont alllow old ladies.
:hithead:

I'm still bringing Coke product drinks. Angelina won't be attending this year. I'm leaving her at home with grandpa since my husband has to work. I'm trying to decide which hatch I want to bring. I guess I got 17 days to figure that one out.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bring the red one and put back your passenger seat so you can give me a ride lol

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm the only one that has stuck around for the last 6 years.

:hithead:

I'm still bringing Coke product drinks. Angelina won't be attending this year. I'm leaving her at home with grandpa since my husband has to work. I'm trying to decide which hatch I want to bring. I guess I got 17 days to figure that one out.
Damn vicky will be disappointed she's not coming.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hinted towards not going camping so I can attend this meet..... I got some pretty cold stares thrown at me......

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah so lol come to the meet yo

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn vicky will be disappointed she's not coming.
I might bring her. Just depends if she's going to be cranky or not. No way can I bring out the red hatch if Angelina comes too.

I haven't seen Rey at a summer CC meet since... The southside/BWW Skokie cruise meet? 2006?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
red hatch, white hatch, i like em both

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drive the one thats put together and running?

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
THen drive them both!?

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm trying to decide which hatch I want to bring. I guess I got 17 days to figure that one out.
since everyone wants you to bring both, connie, this is my proposal:

you drive the white hatchie, and i volunteer to drive the red one. problem solved. ;)