6th gen fog lights? tacky or clean?

dsprimal

Banned
Hey all, I got a pair of fogs laying around and I initially wanted to put them in. But after surfing the web and seeing other 6 gens with fogs i've slightly got a change of heart. A part of me think it looks doofy because of the position they have to be in, and another have thinks it would look nice ONLY at night when both fogs and HID's are beaming. If the fogs were within the bumper like the SI's then I would be happy....

But now i gotta debate if i want my car to look like this or not.

http://articles.dashzracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/96-97-98-honda-civic-fog-lights-installation-13-600x449.jpg

Thoughts? tacky or clean? thanks!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean

cuetip

Registered VIP
install them i have them and they dont look tacky at all

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dislike the look and placement of the fog lights on the 99/00 front ends.

I much prefer the look of the 96-98 front end w/ square fog lights. I don't feel the round ones look good.
Square yellow

Square clear

Round clear

Round yellow

Jose1027

Registered VIP
I like the position of the 96-98 foglights,i get compliments all the time cause of mine

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do it up with the fogs. I think it looks great.

I'm biased since I own a 99 and prefer 99-00 front ends over 96-98. I like it when the fog lights are either positioned directly under the headlights or further apart than the headlights. I think it looks better when coming down the road at night. Plus 99-00 headlights look better IMO. But I don't like paint matched bezels. The OEM gray is the best IMO.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think they look good. Clear lenses with yellow bulbs is the best combination in my opinion.

dsprimal

Banned
I was going to go with the whole clear headlights and yellow fogs. but i feel like so many people have that combination. Plus my headlights/grill/fog set from ebay came with smoked out fogs. a buddy of mine has a 2009 accord that has clear HID fogs and black housed headlights and that pair looks so clean. aaahhhhh decisions decisions.

If I do decide to go with yellow fogs. does anyone know how good the light output would be if i put yellow bulbs into the smoked out fog housing?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was going to go with the whole clear headlights and yellow fogs. but i feel like so many people have that combination. Plus my headlights/grill/fog set from ebay came with smoked out fogs. a buddy of mine has a 2009 accord that has clear HID fogs and black housed headlights and that pair looks so clean. aaahhhhh decisions decisions.

If I do decide to go with yellow fogs. does anyone know how good the light output would be if i put yellow bulbs into the smoked out fog housing?
It all depends on the bulb. I have PIAA bulbs and the light output is excellent.

cuetip

Registered VIP
primal i have the stock H3 bulbs in mine and when im driving home at night i am able to turn my headlights off and still see the raod with my fogs, and i get bright lighted because they are so bright.... or get a 3k HID kit

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
primal i have the stock H3 bulbs in mine and when im driving home at night i am able to turn my headlights off and still see the raod with my fogs, and i get bright lighted because they are so bright.... or get a 3k HID kit
If you have stock bulbs they shouldn't be that bright, they must be aimed wrong.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i get bright lighted because they are so bright....
With a stock H3 bulb you shouldn't.
Aim them away from traffic. They should be pointed slightly down and slightly away, to illuminate the road more or less directly in front of you and to either side.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
With a stock H3 bulb you shouldn't.
Aim them away from traffic. They should be pointed slightly down and slightly away, to illuminate the road more or less directly in front of you and to either side.
What he said.

And I'm going to keep preaching it: you shouldn't be using HID's in stock Honda head lights and fog lights unless you do a proper retrofit.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What he said.

And I'm going to keep preaching it: you shouldn't be using HID's in stock Honda head lights and fog lights unless you do a proper retrofit.
Key word highlighted, does not exist in the typical Honda modifiers vocabulary.

:smackself

cuetip

Registered VIP
im just saying whats going on with mine, and i have cops that dont give 2 shits about headlights or even headlight colors

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im just saying whats going on with mine, and i have cops that dont give 2 s***s about headlights
They should, misaligned lights are blinding & dangerous to oncoming traffic.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it also looks stupid when you have cockeyed lights…