Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is nothing to do with jdm or usdm or anything else. Getting your hands on parts or cars that aren't easily obtained has always been sought after with every type of car foreign and domestic. It takes more for someone in Japan to get American parts brought over than vice versa. All the really available fake bullshit parts is what makes it not as special here.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yeah definately! I think I was trying to emply that honda made a sexy chassis in its original form, I like the cx trim, its understated and clean.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still don't know whether I have a dx or cx chassis..... Guess ill find out once I get back ...... Lol.....

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know it has ej6 in the vin but how do I know what trim it is from the vin so I can ask my wife to text it to me

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dx has a rear wiper and cx doesn't. Also the dx has a longer paint matched usually, spoiler than the cx. The cx is short and abs plastic with a third brake light. The dx is longer and stays flat to the rear glass and he too is paint matched to the car.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dx has a rear wiper and cx doesn't. Also the dx has a longer paint matched usually, spoiler than the cx. The cx is short and abs plastic with a third brake light. The dx is longer and stays flat to the rear glass and he too is paint matched to the car.
Was that english?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know how to explain it easiest! :lol: I always over thinks stoopid stuff and make it hard on myself lol

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so this is the only shot I have of it

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is news to me that the spoilers are different :what:

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good I was hoping you would say that I like the cx hatch more..... And are the cx hatches the lightest for ek

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well first off, don't compare your car to theirs and think you have to rush your mods to catch up, you'll cut corners and buy cheap stuff that you'll have to spend money twice on. I'm telling my brother he same thing. I've had my car a year with barely any mods and my bro blew through his tax return just cause his car was stock. Do what ever it is YOU want to do. Kanjo is very popular right now thanks to car craft boon, so if you want to tune like that, leave your car alone and put money into your suspension. Over there they are doing the USDM parts now. so you car already looks like the cool cars in Japan lol. Be patient and really think about your mods, and do what you want to do.
do you have any pictures of your brothers car i only saw a couple of cars on your thread.........lets see them if you do

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah his is the four door civic, he just bought my wheels and new tires I had on my hatch, then he got a new radiator and front discs from autozone, ordered new headlight and license plate bulbs and hawk brake pads from tire rack. Got eBay amber corners and an eBay "type r" lip. I'll post pics up if he ever gets home.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah his is the four door civic, he just bought my wheels and new tires I had on my hatch, then he got a new radiator and front discs from autozone, ordered new headlight and license plate bulbs and hawk brake pads from tire rack. Got eBay amber corners and an eBay "type r" lip. I'll post pics up if he ever gets home.
alright cool thanks....also can you explain to me how to clay bar a car cause i tought the whole wax thing was simple karate kid elbow swaying...lol...wax on ....wax off thanks....... i have a plan to follow your paint restoration once i get home might even save me from having to repaint my car

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah sure, you just go to Walmart and pic up a claybar kit in the automotive section, wash your car very thoroughly by hand using a new wash MIT and a car wash (mothers, meguiars brands) I prefer mothers products. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a Shammie or drying towel. Then open the clay and knead it by hand untill it gets warm and soft in your hand. Flatten in out untill its about the size of your palm, and use the solution in the kit to lubricate the paint. The trick is raising your time and keeping the surface your claying very wet. Then just work the clay back and forth at a medium speed in the same direction over a 18"-18" area untill you feel the contaminants lift from the clear coat. It will feel rough then just slip like its on wet glass. Dry the area with the microfiber towel included in your kit and knead the clay again thoroughly before starting a new section.
Don't wash with house hold dish ditergents because they damage the clear and rob it of the natural oils in the paint chemistry to hold its natural gloss. Repeat the steps untill completing all areas you wish to clay.
You can clay glass and add rain-x to the windshield to make water just roll off like duck feathers lol.
When you wax always use a new applicator pad and I prefer using mothers carnauba cleaner wax in the tin can, it has micro polishing agents and lasts the longest, it will also help to restore the oils in the clear.
And go slow, as not to drop your clay or applicator, you only get 2 bars in the kit so take your time, if you drop one and it rolls around throw it away, the dirt will scratch and swirl your clear coat. Also just throw away your applicator and grab a new one.
Let the wax dry for 10 min and buff off with a clean microfiber towel. It's best to do 2 light coats instead of one heavy coat.
After just wash regularly by hand with your car wash&wax you got and a wash MIT. I replace my MIT every month cause they are only 3$ at walmart and re wax every4-6 weeks and your car will retain its luster.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The clay removes contaminants that are baked into the clear from the sun, rain, just bing outside all together, and claying 1 or 2 times a year and keeping wax on your car prevents the paint from oxidizing.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank you very much now i have something to come back to when i get to do it..lol

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea clay is great. Your going to be so surprised when you see all the hidden dirt in your paint.