A little DIY never hurt N E 1...! *56K, play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun*

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*Updated*A little DIY never hurt N E 1! *56K, play RussianRoulette with a loaded gun*

*Updates on Page 2!!!*

I got bored, had a $40.00 burning sensation in my pocket, and got a babysitter... so here's what happened...

I used BrokenLimits.net and Honda-Tech.com for all instructions... here's the links

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1015770

http://www.brokenlimits.net/hbake.htm

VHT Wrinkle Red, DupliColor Engine Enamel Gunmetal and Clear Coat, Aircraft Remover, Paint Stripper, Permatex Clear RTV Sealant, Hondabond, 320 Grit Sandpaper, and plain Chapstick were the ingredients. RTV for the Headlight, and Hondabond for the Valvecover's gasket. Light coats and patience, with the oven set @ 200 degrees for both the headlight separation/re-sealing and Valve Cover speed drying. All other answers are in the above sites.

I love the way it all came out... I CHOSE to paint the turn signal reflector, and hope nothing goes bad. The most important thing I must point out is that I'm taking a few days next week off to install a new Mugen Style Front Lip in Flat Black and '99 spec ITR Cams, along with a new Timing Belt and the obvious Valve Adjustment. I ran out of time this weekend, and the weather didn't help out...! I'll post more as it comes. N E Feedback, negative or positive is welcomed. I like the new look, and for the price of a good dinner, it's a great bargain!

Last edited:

93civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn great job!!!!!!!!!!! Did you tape off the writing on the valve cover??

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the stripped valve cover before you painted it.
As for the tape, it's probably easier to just use a paint marker and go over the raised lettering.

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
I like the stripped valve cover before you painted it.
As for the tape, it's probably easier to just use a paint marker and go over the raised lettering.
That's what the Chapstick was for!!! I used it on the surfaces I didn't want painted... and when it was all done, I peeled the paint off...Perfect!!! Check the websites above... H-T was for the Valve Cover. Thanks 4 the comments!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everything came out HOTT! Wanna come and do my stuff?? LOL

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man...good job on those...i usually screw something up no matter how carefully i do it. lol!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
im doing my valve cover like that in a few weeks... but i'm doing white to match the engine bay

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what rims are those, where did u get them
they are sexy

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FhCRubarb said:
what rims are those, where did u get them
they are sexy
18" Volk Racing GT-N in Gunmetal. They came with the car! I bought it with 60,000 miles, and 7,000 miles later, I can still say it's the best buy I've made!!!

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have decided to repaint my valve cover after your inspiration, lol

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, i wish my DIY headlights looked that nice.