A little DIY never hurt N E 1...! *56K, play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun*

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
loussy job.. complete s**t....

YEAH RIGHT. THATS F'ing Beautiful. outstanding job.

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow im very impressed. looks nice.

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Muy bueno!!!! You saved a couple hundred dollars there bro. Looks excellent! As I was reading your first post I saw that chapstick was involved I was like WTF? Very good DIY.

camelian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks very nice although i would have left the corner reflector..but that's just me.

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
element_323 said:
Muy bueno!!!! You saved a couple hundred dollars there bro. Looks excellent! As I was reading your first post I saw that chapstick was involved I was like WTF? Very good DIY.
I also installed my own Field's VTEC Controller, and did the "Glowing Redline and Si Logo" trick... here's pics of the finished product...

I used this site for the Field's Installation,

http://www.clubcivicquebec.com/site/technical/Performance/008.html

and BrokenLimits.net for the Cluster Mod... it was way easy, and the Field's is all soldered and shrink-wrapped up... no sloppy job! I can't wait for this weekend, so the ITR Cams can go in... I'll chill after that! The lip will go on to, thanks to fake_mugen_power for that sale!!! Good Seller!!!

BTW... I do have the Crossover set @ 5800... just because of fuel efficiency and it kicks in a little harder... usually it's @ 6000, and my fuel maps are @ -5 all across... I'll get it tuned once the cams are in... but this setting gave me the best looking spark plug residue... light brownish color. I'm a loser, and this is probably all wrong, but... yeah! Thanks for all the comments, and I'll post more pics this weekend!

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it just me cause im not seeing the how to on the valve cover.

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FhCRubarb said:
is it just me cause im not seeing the how to on the valve cover.
It's on the Honda-Tech link...

Click Here..

Valve Cover How-To

It's the 17th post... Good instructions... Just use Light Coats, though... With Heavy Coats, it became all flaky and it had to be redone! Take your time, and don't get anxious! I almost ran out of time, with the drive to work today, after the first f#ck-up on Sat. night... I knew it had to get done right, or I'd have to put it on the car however ugly it became and do it all over again the next weekend...!
Also, I didn't use the blow dryer thing... I just applied my light coats and ovened it for 3 hours, and more light coats... ovened it again... I repeated this until I got the "Wrinkle" I wanted!!!
:thumbs up

ImportFever96

no rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man that looks good ... i did my headlights but didnt seal them right n water went inside now they look bad .. bu that valve cover looks good... im gonna do da.....

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the valve cover unscrews and then screws right back on just like that? No sealing problems?

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FhCRubarb said:
So the valve cover unscrews and then screws right back on just like that? No sealing problems?
I used fresh Hondabond from Honda @$15.00 a tube on the eight cam corners... as per the Helm's Manual! The VC Gasket was reused... but when I do my cams and timing belt this weekend, the new one I purchased will go on!! No leaks so far... and I drove 100 miles today!!! Work is far when I have to drive... good thing I'm on a vanpool! Just use a Inch Pound Torque Wrench on the bolts... 7.2 ft. lbs means 7.2 ft.lbs!!! I broke the right bottom one in the corner, and had to Super Glue it back on until the new stud comes in tomorrow! I suck, I know... but live and learn!!!

Kjeldor

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blustreek99 so its 7.2 ft lbs of torque on the vc bolts, and are u gonna adjust ur valves when u do ur cams? if so do u know what the torque specs for the adjuster nut is when u do the valve adjustment? am gonna paint my vc as well and do the valve adjustment so i want to know before hand
thanx

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i always wanted to do the headlights, but i always douted the way they woudl come out. but now i kinda like my chrome, tho you made me want to do it even more. i just like the chrome cuz my HID's glare off it nicely, lol

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kjeldor said:
blustreek99 so its 7.2 ft lbs of torque on the vc bolts, and are u gonna adjust ur valves when u do ur cams? if so do u know what the torque specs for the adjuster nut is when u do the valve adjustment? am gonna paint my vc as well and do the valve adjustment so i want to know before hand
thanx
Download the Helm's here...

Helm's Download Link

Follow the instructions to get it on your PC. Ijust read it, and it says to just tighten it securely with the adjusting wrech. I just bought a 10mm long wrench from Sear's for $2.99, and heat bended it at work in the shape that allows it to fit in the adjuster. Don't go balls out on it... just snug! I will DEFINATELY do an adjustment on the valves, even though the specs are the same for the ITR and Si!!

Intake: 0.006 in. - 0.007 in.
Exhaust: 0.007 in. - 0.008 in.

Here's a link with GREAT instructions... as well as a pic of the $35.00 - $40.00 saving create-a-tool! They have the instructions of the cam install I'll do, too! Great write-ups, and pics... can't beat that! Just use the Helm's and this site, and you'll be ok... Make sure you're @ TDC and TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

Valve Adjustment Site Link

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, that looks pretty f**kin' good! Excellent job! :thumbs up

Kjeldor

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blustreek99 said:
Download the Helm's here...

Helm's Download Link

Follow the instructions to get it on your PC. Ijust read it, and it says to just tighten it securely with the adjusting wrech. I just bought a 10mm long wrench from Sear's for $2.99, and heat bended it at work in the shape that allows it to fit in the adjuster. Don't go balls out on it... just snug! I will DEFINATELY do an adjustment on the valves, even though the specs are the same for the ITR and Si!!

Intake: 0.006 in. - 0.007 in.
Exhaust: 0.007 in. - 0.008 in.

Here's a link with GREAT instructions... as well as a pic of the $35.00 - $40.00 saving create-a-tool! They have the instructions of the cam install I'll do, too! Great write-ups, and pics... can't beat that! Just use the Helm's and this site, and you'll be ok... Make sure you're @ TDC and TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

Valve Adjustment Site Link
thanx, it says on the second link that the locknut has to be torqued down to 14 ft lbs of torque, that was mainly my question, guess i didnt relly know how to explain it, but i got my answer anyways, thanx for both links

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kjeldor said:
thanx, it says on the second link that the locknut has to be torqued down to 14 ft lbs of torque, that was mainly my question, guess i didnt relly know how to explain it, but i got my answer anyways, thanx for both links
Right on, bro!! N E Time. I use the Helm's and the Internet on a daily basis... It's saved me MILLIONS on Labor Fees and such!!! You can do pretty much N E Thing, as long as you're confident and take your time!!! Take it easy, and thanks every1 for all the feedback!!!

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome job do! DIY kicks ass!
How long did it take you to sand down the VC smooth? I saw the how to said to use 600 grit, sounds like it would take awhile!