Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Back on topic...

alex_n/a

stocker
a few updates

finally got the parts I ordered to complete my car =) it's funny how the little things in life make me happy. I was supposed to get these parts tomorrow the earliest. but I got them today!!!! well I'm happy cause it's about to snow and I had no climate controls. I have another DD that is awd so I wasn't too worried but still. anyway what I got. I was pretty busy today getting things done on the car.

1. stereo harness to connect my cheap stereo since I sold my nice one with my old car. but I plan on getting a single din stereo with a pop out tv.

2. Hood release cable, I didn't get to install it today cause I ran out of sunlight so that will be for tomorrow.

3. climate controls along with the stereo bezel and pocket and hazard light button and defroster button. and vents. AND it is in perfect condition.
picture does no justice. I'll get good pictures tomorrow

other things done today

4. fixed the trunk release. the "actuator" was not going all the way up and making the latch unlock the trunk. I had a few ideas on how to fix it. I knew that the "actuator" had to reach higher so I thought about soldering some solder and adding to the thickness. but that didn't look like it would last long. so I tried bending it but that didn't work either. instead I did a ghetto job. I tied a thick zip tie and it was enough thickness to release the latch.

5. sanded my yellow headlights with 500 grit then 700 grit then 1200 grit and finally polished them. made a large difference on the passenger side but the driver side was of no use because the fading is also in the inside of the lens. time for new ones I guess.
before

after

things to do tomorrow or probably Friday after the snow.

6. replace my broken hood release with a new one. I may be doing a how to with step by step. I didn't see one here so if anyone is interested let me know. or if there is one let me know too. I did see the one where the guy replaced the handle but I will be replacing the entire thing.

7. vacuum and wash the carpet and seats

8. make a hobby lobby cargo cover. Just a simple abs plastic sheet with tabs to mount it. on the trunk.

9. Abs plastic sheet to cover the spare tire. the current cheap wood or fake wood whatever it is, is warped and ugly as hell so I'll try to make something more sturdy. I might be using something else because I want it to be sturdy enough to hold tools and speakers without warping.

some more pictures to come I'll upload what I have now and tomorrow I'll get the rest since its dark.

alex_n/a

stocker
to the moderator/s of this section. can someone move this to the 96-00 section and renaming the thread "Alex's Midori Green build"

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
done

alex_n/a

stocker
You got tired of your old title man lol.
well I was going to make a new thread but figured this would be good back story.

This has been bothering me since I bought the car. I get the feeling that I overpaid for my car. mostly because the seller wanted 2150$ and I only talked him down to 2k. He had mention that he did not want any lowballing and that he knew how much the car was worth. But I know I should have offered him 1500$ then he might have come down to 1700$ or around there. So what do you guys think the car is worth? how much would you pay?

details of the car

96 honda civic hatchback cx d16y7
clean tittle. body and chassis is straight.
1244xx original miles with original engine and tranny. no oil leaks at all.
midori green paint in great condition. has a paint crack on the fender and door. nothing very noticeable. needs bumper screws to align right. and the rear bumper has a crack. the engine is 100% stock. the interior is 100% stock and has a passenger side airbag as well as driver side. The things I purchased to get it in good condition was a new ignition switch assembly. cost me 140$ and I installed it my self. came with everything from the key to the switch and lock cylinder. and bolts for easy install. i also bought a stereo bezel and climate controls, hazards and defroster buttons and pocket and fans for 84$. it still had the stock stereo as well. I also got a new hood release that needs to be installed. The only rust it has is a small hole in the rear fender well. about the size of a quarter. it also needs new tires. they are over 10 years old and are so cracked that don't cold air anymore for more than a few days. so That's about it. if I didn't mention something then it means that they are in good condition. steelies and windows and seats and dash are all in great condition. no clear coat fade or dents. Also it needs a dimmer switch but that is no big deal at all.

thoughts? was 2k too much?

Dnguyen92

2100 is a great deal for an Ek with original midori green paint. Ek's around here don't go any lower than 3g's. And even those ones are pretty crappy and ghetto rigged.

alex_n/a

stocker
that's what I keep telling my self. This one was the best on craigslist. But looking a the kbb price they are worth 2400k in excellent condition. But craiglist they usually go for 3k for any civic 92-00 with less than 150k. I guess I'm just beating my self up for not lowballing the guy.

thanks though. I'm glad I didn't get ripped off lol it's been a while since I bought a honda lol

19civic98

SiR coupe?
5+ Year Member
i think 2g's is legit, i live right around you and i bored criaglist search denver a lot and thats a cleaner deal iv seen my freinds brother bought this ghetto four door ek auto with a fart can for 2300 150k, gay s**t. yours is a clean start.

alex_n/a

stocker
i think 2g's is legit, i live right around you and i bored criaglist search denver a lot and thats a cleaner deal iv seen my freinds brother bought this ghetto four door ek auto with a fart can for 2300 150k, gay s***. yours is a clean start.
Sounds like I got a good deal.

I haven't done much now with this stupid cold weather. But I did make a cargo cover. I'll take pictures tomorrow morning. I love how it came out. fit was near perfect and looks factory made. But I'll be making a better one later with trays to hold small junk. I still need to make a cover for the spare tire compartment anyway.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd kill to find an og Midori. I'll pick it up from you if you deceided to let it go. Last winter, I had my 99 hatch stripped and color changed midori. The guy that did the color change wanted to make it look and seem originally that color midori. Props for find a super clean base!

alex_n/a

stocker
thanks. I'm liking this car a lot now. Being my new daily driver is great. Doesn't get any attention from cops but I've been getting compliments about it from people on the street. So no plans on getting rid of it anytime soon. lol

I decided to take some quick pictures of my hand made cargo cover. It cost me a total of 2$ to make. bought some card board/foam material from a dollar tree. and used some old carpet I had from my old car. I had just enough to cover it but missed the front corners. still looks great to me.

alex_n/a

stocker
little update on things I've done.

replaced broken antenna with a oem one. that was a pain in the ass to do.

fixed my gauge lights not coming on

fixed my reverse lights.

Got my exhaust fixed. I have a before picture but I'll be getting an after picture tomorrow. my exhaust was cut after the downpipe so i was actually running an open header. It sounded like crap. now it is so silent and peaceful. =)

complete tune up has been done. and it runs amazing. I average 39mpg so far!!!! my commute consist of 98% highway

I'm tinting my windows 35% fronts 25% rears soon. just waiting for a warm weekend.
still need to install my hood release cable.

after that I'm going to get all new speakers and a single din stereo with a monitor.
then I will start looking for the wheels/tires I need.
then I will be looking for a good set of coilovers that will be oem or better as far as comfort goes.

Here are some pictures

alex_n/a

stocker
Here are some pictures.

taking them home

3 rims have been sprayed with paint remover

a few minutes after being sprayed

wiped off using a steel sponge. no scrubbing needed. some freckles remain. no big deal.

I finally found a good cleaner. I still need to scrub hard but nothing compared to having to hand sand them clean.

here is a picture to compare the before and after

left side of the rim is cleaned normally and the right side has been sanded after cleaning.

I have one rim still uncleaned. after i'm done I will sand all of them.

I emailed a pro powder coater and he said about 60$ a rim to lightly sand blast them and powder coat them in white. What do you guys think, is it worth it for stock rims? I want to stay conservative and not call any attention to the car, I could probably get some cheap knock off's like rota's for what I'm spending but I'd rather go oem then rice-oroni.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh 60 might be a little high, around me i can get them done for 40

alex_n/a

stocker
those are the prices around here. We don't have many powder coaters so prices are high compared to other states. I'm going to keep searching but the cheapest I'll probably find is maybe 50$

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and i recommend tinting all the side windows the same, or it will look silly.

alex_n/a

stocker
I ordered pre cut tint.

35% front (not really dark enough)

25% rears. (from what I saw on mock up I liked it. not too dark but dark enough for some privacy)

But later I may go with 20% all around. I had a car that had dark tint all around, not sure the percent but I had trouble driving at night. I'm guessing it was 15% or less. If someone was standing behind the car at night I would not be able to see them lol. I'm just testing out tint for now.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice car dude, looking forward to seeing it with the wheels on and a drop!

alex_n/a

stocker
Nice car dude, looking forward to seeing it with the wheels on and a drop!
thanks. I'm still doing research on dropping it. I need the car to be comfortable as possible. I have a long commute and a large section of the highway is bumpy as hell and pot holes are rarely fixed. If I do drop it at most it will be 1.5".

More small updates. My headlights sucked beyond repair. So I ordered brand new headlights. oem style of course. and I ordered 5900k xenon bulbs. I was assuming to get cheap crappy bulbs that would not fit or would take months to get here. But not at all. I ordered sunday at 11pm and it got here today. fast shipping ftmfw.

Before. Picture is not correct. the center is close to real life. but the outsides are darker than real life.

after. picture was taken in the snow, so not a fair comparison but I'll get better ones later if requested.

Still waiting on the headlights. with those the light output will increase slightly.