Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jealous of your Fat 5's :thumbup:

alex_n/a

stocker
thanks lol

I came home today to a nice big package =)

My brand new headlights are in :D. they look amazing. the "amber" color is in the inside of the lens. from side view they look clear. nuff talk. here are some pics. I won't have time to install them until I get some bumper retainers I ordered. I need to remove my bumper and fix the hood release anyway so I will be doing all those things at the same time.

Here is the official comparison of the lights.

i<3chicken

built sohc
Wow man. Great job. Keep it up!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are those Stanley healights?

alex_n/a

stocker
Looking good!
thanks.
Wow man. Great job. Keep it up!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk
sure will lol
are those Stanley healights?
not sure. I got these from a company called eagle eye.

I was going to install the window tint today but tomorrow we are getting snow again. so that will be delayed for a while again. I need this tint badly now lol. I'm still waiting on the bumper screws so I didn't bother installing the headlights. Only thing I did today was get the wheels installed. I decided to skip the powder coating for now. that money I was planning on spending will go towards my suspension mods.

Pictures

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would just spray paint them. Save you money and it will be easier to change the color down the road if you want something different.

alex_n/a

stocker
I decided to polish them. I'll be looking for a good DIY on how to or maybe a wheel shop. depending which is more cost effective and time consuming.

I woke up today in a good mood and decided to install the headlights before work. Here are some pictures. On my way home from work I noticed a huge difference. I went from "are my lights even on" to, "damn my lights are bright" lol

first one installed. perfect fit. ftw

out with the crap. in with the win.

both installed. bumper back on.

I know the car is dirty. but i was expecting snow tonight so I didn't bother cleaning it. I will detail it on Thursday or Sunday.
I will get night pictures tomorrow.. It is cold as hell outside and I do not feel like taking pictures. but the difference in light out put is night and day. I will also be aligning the lights too because they are a little to pointed down.

alex_n/a

stocker
Not sure where to go from here.

My current wish list, not in any specific order.

-new front bumper. will remain unpainted till i respray the car next year.
-new rear bumper 99-00. will remain unpainted till I respray the car
-rear spoiler. spoon or type R. not sure I like the TR but may look rice. and the spoon style does not have a 3rd brake light. from what i have seen.
-single din stereo with pop out monitor.
-rear headrest monitors
-boss speaker system all around. 10" sub woofer build into the cargo area "custom made to take up little space
-coil overs , struts and lowering springs. coil sleeves and struts. I need comfort not style. Not planning on going too low. just enough to eliminate wheel gap
-remote start alarm system with 2 way paging
-rear tail lights. I'm thinking led lights or 99-00 lights. no alteza lights. lol
-fog lights
-front and rear lip kit

What are you opinions? I honestly don't know if I should save for my suspension. or keep buying the little things I will eventually buy. my shocks and springs are in great shape so I don't need to replace them any time soon.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with polishing, you are going to either spend a whole lot of time. like 5 hours a wheel. or pay a lot of money for a shop to do it. either way sucks d**k

alex_n/a

stocker
Looking good! Whatcha gunna do with the old headlights??
I have to options.
1. clean them up and sell them for maybe 25-50$ a piece.
2. clean them up and use them as my test lights to do some retro fitted projectors, like Johns.

I don't have much time so the projectors is not something I would do for a while.

alex_n/a

stocker
with polishing, you are going to either spend a whole lot of time. like 5 hours a wheel. or pay a lot of money for a shop to do it. either way sucks d**k
sounds like I'm not going to polish them lol. I guess I'll just leave them be. What I really want in the future is some real 15" BBS wheels with lower offset. I found some 17" on craigslist but even these 15" look huge lol

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have to options.
1. clean them up and sell them for maybe 25-50$ a piece.
2. clean them up and use them as my test lights to do some retro fitted projectors, like Johns.

I don't have much time so the projectors is not something I would do for a while.
Well if you don't feel like retro'ing them (in my opinion you should cuz it rocks and takes no time depending on what you get/ want to do) I'd be down to buy um to do another retro project XD

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like I'm not going to polish them lol. I guess I'll just leave them be. What I really want in the future is some real 15" BBS wheels with lower offset. I found some 17" on craigslist but even these 15" look huge lol
yeah, polishing looks awesome but isnt easy to get done. 15s are a perfect size and 16s if you dont plan on going super low. bbs are super easy to find. they are all over vortex

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I decided to polish them. I'll be looking for a good DIY on how to or maybe a wheel shop. depending which is more cost effective and time consuming.

lookin good my man. how much were your headlights out of curiosity? I've been so unlucky with snaggin a decent pair at the junkyard :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Midori Green is such an awesome color. This is more appropriate for the build section so moved.

Definitely interested in seeing future progress!

alex_n/a

stocker
yeah, polishing looks awesome but isnt easy to get done. 15s are a perfect size and 16s if you dont plan on going super low. bbs are super easy to find. they are all over vortex
I've been looking for other wheels. Still bbs has the lead but coming in second are konig candy wheels. for some reason I don't think many wheels "match" the hb ej's. I'm saving for some nice bbs wheels.

lookin good my man. how much were your headlights out of curiosity? I've been so unlucky with snaggin a decent pair at the junkyard :lol:
I paid a little over 100$ each. they are knock offs but fitment was great and have not shown signs of bad sealing. I will be trying to swap the lens cover from the knock off's onto my oem stanley headlights. but I don't have time for that lol.

Midori Green is such an awesome color. This is more appropriate for the build section so moved.

Definitely interested in seeing future progress!
thankyou and here is a small progress.

back to stock stereo

tinted windows. My driver window is no longer tinted since my car was broken into.
tinted windows

ex gauge cluster

Type r style lip kit front and back. along with the grill.
lip installed

random picture

But I did get my alarm system installed =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZC9lVZdhHs

I ordered a spoon style spoiler,
new rear tail lights (99' clear corner lights)
fog lights

The body is almost done. still need sir bumpers and window visors and maybe eye lids.

I am done buying stuff till I can settle on what coilovers I want. Looking at skunk2 pro-s or maybe function and form. I have at least a month till I buy them so I'll do my research.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are a ton of wheels that work well with these cars, tons

but how do you go from bbs to konig? real to pos

alex_n/a

stocker
I'm not really looking at price or "baller" status wheels. I'm looking for wheels that I like. that I think look good on my car. I like how the konig candy wheels look. if you can find wheels that look like konig candy wheels then let me know.