"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice build bro :thumbs up

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey andre do you have any pics of the hood clearance? ive read that its about 1.5" higher of efs and egs? i dunno just wodner man. btw awesome build
hmm.. nope.. dont have any pics of it... how would i get pics of the clearance? just leave the hood open a crack and shove the camera in there?

thanks guys

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, ive been watchin this build... i gotta say, its come along nicely!

when will it be officially done and running properly?

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, yeaa guys, thank god i have an o2 sensor.. its only getting 350k a tank as it is!

its running pretty good now, just a couple of issues.

1) raxles custom passenger side axle is too long i think. i dont think they're is enough movement in the joints for my full suspension travel since whenever i take hard left turns the front right kind of vibrates, i know its the axle. and it was worse when i had my lowering springs in there, now i put stock springs in and its not as bad.

2)damn heater doesnt work! fans work but no heat comes out, this is puzzling me. i have tried opening the valve manually in both positions. no luck. my dad says maybe some kind of air bubble is blocking something :S.... i dont know about that though.

3) 5th gear SLIGHTLY grinds... i think its cause i didnt position the bracket that holds the shift cables in at the right angle... still have to adjust that.

and its pretty fast... i kind of expected more though... maybe if i would have driven a b16 before i drove this then i might have been more impressed. id say its a quick car, not a fast car.
getting my ksport coilovers next week =) shitty winter... what a time to finished a build.

anddddd the FD is running and on the ground but still little problems to fix. does nice burnouts though :P

ohhh... and i got a rock stuck in the heat shield for my cat... f**kkk.. its so annoying, any ideas on getting it out? maybe just cut a hole in it?

wonder who read all that... haha

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
haha, yeaa guys, thank god i have an o2 sensor.. its only getting 350k a tank as it is!

its running pretty good now, just a couple of issues.

1) raxles custom passenger side axle is too long i think. i dont think they're is enough movement in the joints for my full suspension travel since whenever i take hard left turns the front right kind of vibrates, i know its the axle. and it was worse when i had my lowering springs in there, now i put stock springs in and its not as bad.

2)damn heater doesnt work! fans work but no heat comes out, this is puzzling me. i have tried opening the valve manually in both positions. no luck. my dad says maybe some kind of air bubble is blocking something :S.... i dont know about that though.

3) 5th gear SLIGHTLY grinds... i think its cause i didnt position the bracket that holds the shift cables in at the right angle... still have to adjust that.

and its pretty fast... i kind of expected more though... maybe if i would have driven a b16 before i drove this then i might have been more impressed. id say its a quick car, not a fast car.
getting my ksport coilovers next week =) shitty winter... what a time to finished a build.

anddddd the FD is running and on the ground but still little problems to fix. does nice burnouts though :P

ohhh... and i got a rock stuck in the heat shield for my cat... f**kkk.. its so annoying, any ideas on getting it out? maybe just cut a hole in it?

wonder who read all that... haha
the axle question is probably all good for ESP to answer. they may suggest a certain axle to use with their mount kits.

i was thinking an air bubble first with the heat problem. i can't think of what else it would be.

i know how you feel about it being "quick" not "fast" i say that after every swap i've done. Sometimes i've even thought "this is lame." You gotta keep working at it, and eventually it'll be good enough.

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the axle question is probably all good for ESP to answer. they may suggest a certain axle to use with their mount kits.

i was thinking an air bubble first with the heat problem. i can't think of what else it would be.

i know how you feel about it being "quick" not "fast" i say that after every swap i've done. Sometimes i've even thought "this is lame." You gotta keep working at it, and eventually it'll be good enough.
hey i think i figured out the heat problem. i looked in the manual and it says if the blower motor runs but there is no heat, then check the follow things:
all this crap that could be clogged
faulty air mix door
air mix cable adjustment
faulty thermostat

now i had no idea the thermostat had anything to do with letting coolant run through the heater core... but i do know mine is bad cause my fan is always on. so ill just replace it tomorrow and see what happens.

as for the axle... for the passenger side axle i used the one ESP recommended, the custom raxles one, and when raxles sent me the axle, the label on the box said "explicit speed" sooo i duno... im going to ask for the same axle but another inch shorter with the shaft.

480k is really good, i was getting 550 with my lil 1.5 std.

thanks for the understandingness about the car being quick haha, its not bad... but you really got rev it alot to get the power out of it... what happened to the h22 being all low end torquey n shiaat...
i need a v8 :lol:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks for the understandingness about the car being quick haha, its not bad... but you really got rev it alot to get the power out of it... what happened to the h22 being all low end torquey n shiaat...
i need a v8 :lol:
its still a honda. have you ever driven a b16?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea drive a b16 and then drive the your car, you'll notice a difference.

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, yea, never driven a b16.
ive only ever driven 3 honda engines, haha
d16y7
d15
h22

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn that thing should feel fast as nuts then :lol: , the cars lookin good btw hopefully you get that axle thing figured out

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just dont think h22's feel quick because of that piece o crap h22 tranny. they're quick but the tranny blows, i want h2b sooo bad.