Anyone else keep track of their MPG?

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about Shell's 93 octane... I think it's called V-Power? Sadly there aren't many Shell stations near me, so I haven't gotten a chance to test it out myself yet.
Lucky for me there is a liquor store with cut rate prices right across the street, so it is cheaper than average!!

ryanM

you people need to stop running premium in your cars that dont need it, your only HURTING your gas mileage by using it... your D16's dont have what it takes to efficiently burn 93 octane gas, your not burning all of your fuel. and that unburned fuel is just clogging your cat, which will further hurt your performance and fuel economy...

oh, i got 30.1mpg on my last tank, i was super pumped

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you people need to stop running premium in your cars that dont need it, your only HURTING your gas mileage by using it... your D17's dont have what it takes to efficiently burn 93 octane gas, your not burning all of your fuel. and that unburned fuel is just clogging your cat, which will further hurt your performance and fuel economy...

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how often do yall change your fuel filter?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i changed mines at 50k

*note- didnt need to be changed, but i pulled out my tank so i went ahead and changed it anyways

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i think im gonna change mine soon
was it hard?
what filter did you use?

Wthorp

'03 Honda Civic LX
5+ Year Member
you people need to stop running premium in your cars that dont need it, your only HURTING your gas mileage by using it... your D16's dont have what it takes to efficiently burn 93 octane gas, your not burning all of your fuel. and that unburned fuel is just clogging your cat, which will further hurt your performance and fuel economy...

So true. I filled my tank up with that crap once and I actually seemed to fell less power on my car and I had bad mileage. I use regular gas but every so often I buy that cleaner for the engine and gas lines. Something to help a little is better than nothing :P