apekd's newyears build, D15B1 BOOSTER

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the cast one is better then the other one, many guys run them. i believe one of the first 400whp SOHC vitara setups was running one.

when i say the a/f gauge is useless, i say it not just because it has no numbers, but its a narrowband a/f gauge, it is not accurate at all, its just a light show.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the cast one is better then the other one, many guys run them. i believe one of the first 400whp SOHC vitara setups was running one.

when i say the a/f gauge is useless, i say it not just because it has no numbers, but its a narrowband a/f gauge, it is not accurate at all, its just a light show.
I see now. Yeah I can see how the cast is a lot better, but the wastegate thing still gets me. I dont like how it is just right on top of only one manifold, I dont see why not on the center of them or something. I am still skeptical about it, but We will see what happens if I break this manifold.

I just watched a few videos with some guys runnin the same setups as me, they made about 150 to 160 at low boost. I know that after I get either my Z6 or Y8 head, better manifold(we will see) fuel pump, stage 3 or more clutch, rods, pistons, and head studs. We will see the numbers it can make. I already know that after I get ths done, I am saving up for a EK sedan. Gotta have a DD when it comes to turbo cars. learned that at work lol

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i just got the manifold and DP. Here is the problem, they sent me a 4 bolt DP instead of a 5 bolt. I am not in the mood to return it to them cause its not worth the 30 shipping to sent it back. So im just going to buy a 5 bolt flange and weld this one to it. Kinda pissed me off. but then again, I cant talk, cant eat much, and hurts to do anything with my mouth. So this is good news compaired to anything else

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man! not only that but I have to make a custom test pipe for it too! damn it! they gave me a 3" DP, 4 bolt flange, and a 3 bolt rear flange. so I am happy is a 3" but now i have to make a test pipe that flows from 3" to about 2.5". I'm not all mad, but its extra work I dont wanna do. but atleast its a good sized dp. 22 bucks for a OBX-R flange, and then I hope I'll have the ability to get this thing to start up so I can trailer it to the shop where i can then weld the flange onto it. but still.......f**k!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well today was a semi good working day. Got another can of my gray engine paint, and finished the bay. just need to get my *sparkle* clear coat.

I also got started on de-greasing the engine too. a lot of the grease is off after just 1 can, but I may have to use more than 2 or 3...there is a lot of grease. I'll be painting it with the 1500* black and the head the same too

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know when you high temp paint stuff like head, blocks calipers with ceramic based paint, it keeps the heat in, usually you want the heat to escape.
thats why i never understood why people paint calipers with caliper paint, you want the calipers too cool as quick as possible, ceramic paint keeps heat in.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you know when you high temp paint stuff like head, blocks calipers with ceramic based paint, it keeps the heat in, usually you want the heat to escape.
thats why i never understood why people paint calipers with caliper paint, you want the calipers too cool as quick as possible, ceramic paint keeps heat in.
I have never seen a problem when people paint there heads and blocks with it. I know that painting calipers doesn't really help any, And I think it is stupid to.

I got set back about a month on the whole project cause I was home this whole week. But I should still take home about 300 on this check. enough for my clutch and money for other stuff. This means that after I paint the block I can throw it all in and then I can start on fabbing up my charge piping, WG tube, and then I hope to work in the dump pipe.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well I just got a picture to come out. the bay looks blue in it but you can see the **sparkles** =p

have a few spots to fix, put the tarp down TOO soon and it ruffed up an area on the drivers side.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just got back to working again. only made 320 on this check too. feel like s**t now that I am set back about a month

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a new job.
I wish there was one. But I was out for a week so thats why im missing so much cash. And since ford is having a rough time right now, they said if we get any over time we are fired. it really sucks

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
getting myself a HDi two stage boost controller next month. really cool actually. has two boost options, 1st and 2nd. doyou can use the first one for quick launch and your second one to get going faster. hella tight. 200 bucks and you get everything. I may even spend more for the gauge and gauge pod for it. monitors boost levels and you can set peak warnings as well. good thing, cause now I can set it for no boost and 5 psi. i think its hella tight

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Worked on one of my fenders tonight, also picked up a new color. It's a GM OEM kinda of gun metal. Also made a set of ground wires for my battery. Got one more to make that will go from the tranny to the frame still. Also, never use lacquer paint on regular paint, it flakes off. Thats why I took the time to take off the clear coat. I should have the other fender done on monday after I get back from VIP. I'm going to swing by there and see if I can get a really good deal on anything. Since they have a sale going on from the 24th till the 28th, i figure I can try my luck. Anyways, here are some pics

now with the new paint (I f**king LOVE this color)

now for the ground wires

Hope to have pictures of the fenders when they are dry. Still have to paint the top of the fender, but I am waiting till I can move it without the paint getting f**ked up, with my luck ill try to move it tonight and something will happen to it.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well yesterday was a good day at the junk yard. decided I wanted full interior again. So i got the rear plastics for the cargo cover (2 bucks each) center consol without a shift boost(15 YIKES) the rear garnish that says CIVIC but over a red background and not black (f**k yeah! free baby!) I said f**k the engine for right now. I still have yet to hone it out and will soon. ill just order my clutch and s**t next time i get paid. I also painted the right side fender, and today ill start up on the front filler piece and the rear filler piece. Gotta do the small things before the big stuff. Only got a little bit left in the paint can, so I may just end up buyin 2 more cans today and getting my doors done around lunch time. Im also going to work on the headliner with new material. and my dor panels. I have just been having a good past few days, and getting a lot of work done. OH HAPPY DAY! lol

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well I got my head liner and drivers side door panel out so far this morning. picked up my materials and adhesive......spend 52 bucks total....f**k!!!!!so i hope by the end of the day the head liner and panel will be done

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well.....tonight was....dizzying.....WOH....paint high haha
Got the bumper primed, and yes I used my new friend, adhesion promoter. this stuff works WONDERS.
i also trimmed the bumper to get rid of the "teeth", and removed the fog lights. looks better if you ask me.
I might keep the fogs, not sure
now, on with the pictures

and now, to put a face behind my ISP mask(internet joke....i hope someone got it.... :lol: )

I plan on getting the Mugen EG lip next month, along with the clutch and gasket set. Then slap the front end on. Hope to save the hood, that way I am not paying about 200 for a NEW honda one (not a fan of the aftermarket oens really.) Also want to pull a dent on the drivers side. I should be buying new paint by thursday next week, maybe even tomorrow hahahaha. going to get the rear bumper primed and painted by sunday. and then hit the stores for christmas shopping.

You liking my pumpkin CBURKE ? lol

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not bad!!! The rest of the car will be that color?

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not bad!!! The rest of the car will be that color?
YUP! lol im really liking the color. I had to go to 3 different autozones to get the paint. T183 i guess is a RARE paint lol
I also got my new wing, soem rear speaker covers, and a Z6 intake manifold and fuel rail. Just need some other little things and ill be on my way