B16 or B20?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
You have to look at the torque. Torque is what gets you car going.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
okay the newbie asking which engine is not going to do a k swap

b20 and boost that b***h and have money left over for a frisco melt from steak and shake

600hpdream

b20(147hp/130 torque ), b16(160hp/110 torque) but those are just numbers, the chances of finding a used engine that still puts down those numbers is really low but if u rebuild them then you can prob get more, i would say the cheapest, best swap is a b20 b/c if you sleeve it, put high compression pistons, b18 head, and a few bolt ons u wnt b disappointed

James315

b20 all the way less money more torque and decent power even if you just do bolt ons b20 witth pull on a b16 all day.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
b20(147hp/130 torque ), b16(160hp/110 torque) but those are just numbers, the chances of finding a used engine that still puts down those numbers is really low but if u rebuild them then you can prob get more, i would say the cheapest, best swap is a b20 b/c if you sleeve it, put high compression pistons, b18 head, and a few bolt ons u wnt b disappointed
you dont need to sleeve it or put a b18 head on it THEY ARE THE SAME HEAD

has no one been on honda-tech, dudes are making 4-500whp on STOCK 84mm sleeves all day long

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont need to sleeve it or put a b18 head on it THEY ARE THE SAME HEAD

has no one been on honda-tech, dudes are making 4-500whp on STOCK 84mm sleeves all day long
i think he was referring to a gsr head? idk

i would sleeve if you plan on hi hp #'s because b20 is essentially the same block as a b18, just bored out cylinders, so the cylinder walls are slightly thinner

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Not exactly the same block. It's a different cast since it has no cast for the breather box on the back of the block at all and the sleeves are a single piece of iron not just a bored out Ls.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Doesnt matter, OP isnt going to purchase either.
agreed.

these threads rarely go on past the planning stages much less past the "want" stage.
Opinions were given. B20 was the most popular choice of the 2 that were asked.

Now lets see some wrenching and a swap.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
agreed.

these threads rarely go on past the planning stages much less past the "want" stage.

you speaka da troof

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
agreed.

agreed x2. 99% of the time the people asking "what swap should i get" dont get them. Id much rather help out the guy asking what mount does he need to finish his B16A swap like a BOSS.

I got tired of posting in them. Now if OP posted a picture of $2500 cash, then I would blabber away haha. But he probably has like $18 in his bank account.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
agreed x2. 99% of the time the people asking "what swap should i get" dont get them. Id much rather help out the guy asking what mount does he need to finish his b16a swap like a boss.

I got tired of posting in them. Now if op posted a picture of $2500 cash, then i would blabber away haha. But he probably has like $18 in his bank account.
i like this post

colecivic

i have a short question...by getting the b20..it will be mandatory that u will have no PS and ac or is there a way around it