Blayze2010's EJ1 build

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks! Im exited I finally got a compressor but still havent got to use it yet. Going to try and get someone to put a 220 plug in tomorrow then I can get some work done. Got my pedals and some other stuff I could use from pull a part today, but still didnt find a manual gauge cluster.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Compressor is finally wired up and ready to go! Also took the whole week of thanksgiving off so im 100% sure the car will be driving that week if not sooner! Just got a ton of work ahead of me and a few more parts to get.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Compressor is finally wired up and ready to go! Also took the whole week of thanksgiving off so im 100% sure the car will be driving that week if not sooner! Just got a ton of work ahead of me and a few more parts to get.
Awesome man! Can't wait to see this thing back on the road. =)

086head

Registered VIP
Man your going to enjoy it so much more when its a 5 speed. I know i do mine since i converted it. Ever find yourself in need of a block or head d series lemme know :-) living in auburn now so we need to meet up when shes done. Good work

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lmk if you need any real info on the auto to manual. I've done one with my old sedan i had once ago. You'll need to do a few wiring things if you want everything to work correctly. Also you'll need an auto to manual conversion mount, either that or replace the frame mount off a manual car.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks a lot guys! 086head: we will definitely have to get together sometime!

lmk if you need any real info on the auto to manual. I've done one with my old sedan i had once ago. You'll need to do a few wiring things if you want everything to work correctly. Also you'll need an auto to manual conversion mount, either that or replace the frame mount off a manual car.
Ive bought a hasport auto to manual mount. I will most likely need some wiring advice when I get around to that part. Thanks for the offer man

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put this in my calendar on my phone =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You can do some simple wiring to make it think it's in park so it will start. then wire up the clutch switch so it will only start with pedal pressed. Then you need to wire up the reverse lights because they won't work any more.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PM'd you.

Lots of Alabamians in this thread! Good to see. I have a teal coupe and I'm planning on a 5spd swap also. Good luck with everything I wanna see how that swap goes man

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys! Decided to tackle the hole left in the floor from the auto cables.

Started by cutting out a square.

Polished down to bare metal.

Had an old fender sitting in the scrap pile so I used it to cut a filler piece from.

Made a cardboard template from the metal I cut from the car and traced it to the donor fender.

Here is the filler piece cut out, I cleaned up the edges after this pic.

Test fitted in the hole, Pretty damn close!

Welded and ground down the welds a little, didnt see much of a point in getting it perfect since it wont be seen. Also sprayed some black primer on the bare metal.

Also scored an auto dimming mirror from work ill be using.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe one day I'll try my hand at welding. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
That hole you just filled was the hole I used for my auto to manual B16a2 swap. Then I just reused the old auto crap I ripped out to fill the front hole. Worked pretty well. Good progress too! I have many many pictures of the wiring I did to make the auto to manual work correctly in my 1st build thread towards the end.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great job so far man. I really need to step it up and get stuff done on mine, too. I have a lot of body work that needs to be done, and still need some interior stuff. What car is that auto-dimming mirror from? I want one haha.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks again guys!

That hole you just filled was the hole I used for my auto to manual B16a2 swap. Then I just reused the old auto crap I ripped out to fill the front hole. Worked pretty well. Good progress too! I have many many pictures of the wiring I did to make the auto to manual work correctly in my 1st build thread towards the end.
I think you may have got confused since I changed the angle between pic 1 and 2. I filled in the front hole not the rear one. I will have to look back at that wiring when I get to that point. Thanks

Great job so far man. I really need to step it up and get stuff done on mine, too. I have a lot of body work that needs to be done, and still need some interior stuff. What car is that auto-dimming mirror from? I want one haha.
Thanks man! After I get this back on the road I will still have to do body work and paint it over time. I think that mirror came from a newer nissan altima, a guy at work was about to throw it away so I grabbed it.

I was planning on getting a lot more done tonight but im damn tired. Was supposed to be off tomorrow but boss asked if I wanted to work so more overtime for me!!!! Should be a big parts order next week.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad you posted a link here, I was going to try and look for it.

Put my clutch on and mated up the engine/trans. Then cleaned them off the best I could. Also going to start tucking my engine harness

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks pretty clean. Good job! If you have any questions about doing the harness, feel free to ask me. I plan to make a DIY for engine harnesses, but not until later in the spring when I have time to work on it.