bov?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
on a turbo system can u have more than 1 bov? if so how many can u have?...jw lol...

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you can. only reason woud be for running big turbo with high boost.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well when i get my turbo system im only going to be running polly 7-9 psi...on a t3 turbo...but i love the tiss sound so i was wondering...i want to run 2 of them on each side of the intercooler....will this hurt it???

like so:

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend has 2 BOV but its for a stealth R/T TT

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
im only going to be running polly 7-9 psi...on a t3 turbo...but i love the tiss sound
HAHA your such a f**king ricer :no: :hitlol: :pimp: :kickass: :stick: :nono:

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
well when i get my turbo system im only going to be running polly 7-9 psi...on a t3 turbo...but i love the tiss sound so i was wondering...i want to run 2 of them on each side of the intercooler....will this hurt it???

like so:

.....wow...

edit: ok i wont be and ass and I'll try to actually answer your question.... it wont hurt the car but one will be loud enough to the point where u wont want a 2nd one... and actually if u got 2... there would'nt be enough pressure to make the full sound of 1 bov... it's be like dividing the pressure in 2... so u only get half the sound (this is kinda just a theory and i'm kinda making it up because it's late and i'm tired but it sounds like it makes sense?). Also... it'd be a waste of money to buy 2 bov's and it'd look dumb.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol...yea im a ricer i know lol....but yea makes sense thanks much guys

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahha... those 2 things you circled arent bovs, thats intercooler piping. haha i guess its ok your only 16. lol if you love the bov sound get a turboxs rfl. they are loud as f**k, thatd be all you need... omg i cant stop laughing sorry hahahaha

or are you talking about mounting them in those locations? please say thats the case

PANGES

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
deftone said:
hahha... those 2 things you circled arent bovs, thats intercooler piping. haha i guess its ok your only 16. lol if you love the bov sound get a turboxs rfl. they are loud as f**k, thatd be all you need... omg i cant stop laughing sorry hahahaha

or are you talking about mounting them in those locations? please say thats the case
I'm pretty sure he meant to put them in those locations.

PANGES

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, Chaos... i'm not gonna lie... for the first week when I got my HKS SSQV, I did'nt recirculate it because I LOVED the sound. lol. But trust me... after like a week, you'll get really sick of the sound... especially if you do the 2 bov thing, you're going to get tired of the loud bov and you're going to regret spending like 400 bucks on 2 bov's that you're tired of... and if you weld the bov's on... you're going to regret it even more because if u want to take one off, you're going to have to replace the pipe.

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PANGES said:
Dude, Chaos... i'm not gonna lie... for the first week when I got my HKS SSQV, I did'nt recirculate it because I LOVED the sound. lol. But trust me... after like a week, you'll get really sick of the sound... especially if you do the 2 bov thing, you're going to get tired of the loud bov and you're going to regret spending like 400 bucks on 2 bov's that you're tired of... and if you weld the bov's on... you're going to regret it even more because if u want to take one off, you're going to have to replace the pipe.
I can't say I'd find myself getting tired of the sound:drool: Then again I've never ran boost :oops:

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PANGES said:
I'm pretty sure he meant to put them in those locations.
thats what i thought but when i first read it really quick and then looked at the pic it just made me laugh a lot. i read mount the on both ends of the intercooler like so then he had 2 pipes circled. maybe its the beer in me that made me think that but i laughed a lot. i got a hks ss bov and i love it. i never get tired of it, actually im so used to it i dont even notice it until im trying to get corvettes to race me and i hit it next to them a few times

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless impossible, you want the BOV about not too far from the throttle body or bodies. I forgot the measurment but I think it is like 2ft.

PANGES

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehe... my bov is like 6" from my TB

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:

like so:

i would think that you want them as close together as possible to let them open up and let an even amount of pressure out. also you want them as close to the throttle body as possible. and with only 7-9 psi of boost, there is no need to waste money on second bov.

iNotioN

5+ Year Member
what kind of car is that any ways???? i wouldnt get a second bov on just 8 psi... maybe 15 psi... never tought of probably getting a bigger turbo?

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cars with dual blow off valves are usually running 30+psi and making more than 1000hp. They need that second one because a single BOV will no way be able to vent enough of the intake charge to keep the compressor safe.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
2 BOV's are good for TT applications, pointess on a civic

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah doOd, you won't need a 2nd bov. just get a RFL bov if you want it to be loud. My bov sounds like a f**kin videogame bov :shock:

BTW does anyone have that turbo delsol vid, the one with the dual bov's and he almost hits a dog :lol: chaos might like it