Calling computer guys

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been out of the loop for a while, had my mind on other things. Last time I probably built a computer verses buying one prebuilt was probably 2002.

So I need some help here, let me know if you would change anything or if I missed anything I'll need. I got a monitor, I'm cool with the 15 inch lcd, doesn't bother me, Got a mouse, a keyboard, windows 7 on disc and I also have many dvd-rw drives laying around.. I'm trying to keep it all around a good price

here's my list http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13091486

let me know if something else comes up.... cause it already happened once where it changed my number.

Last edited:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How are you getting internet? YOu going to go through ethernet? If you don't want a cord why not run a wireless card. Other then that the setup seems whole.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm cool with the on board. The router would be about 3 feet from the computer so its cool.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does the motherboard support more than 4Gb memory? Or even DDR3 memory? I think with W7 you might want more memory especially if you run more than one (large) application at a time.. and especially if you game on the computer at all..

If you don't do anything to special 4Gb is fine though..

darkdanny2009

5+ Year Member
what are you going to be doing with the computer. Will it be for gaming or what. Whatever the case all of those parts are lookin good.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a DIY for ya[YOUTUBE="whoa"]TggHtINGIyc[/YOUTUBE]

Ok i'm not much help I admit :D

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would get a different video card. Passive cooling (Cards without fans just a heatsink) tend to have overheating issues when playing games. I had one, and after a year, it started to go bad on me because of the constant overheating.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok.... yea I don't have the time, patience, or all the tools and sheet metal required to do that, plus I gave away my xbox a few months ago.

I plan on use the computer for casual gaming, and just the usual every day usage.

If you would pick a different video card, please show me one that is going to keep up, like I said, I've been out of the loop.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would get a different video card. Passive cooling (Cards without fans just a heatsink) tend to have overheating issues when playing games. I had one, and after a year, it started to go bad on me because of the constant overheating.
x2 on the card with a fan....

trade out your memory for this..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231241

ive never been fond of corsair.. i have 4 dead sticks sitting here

and i know how you said you like the 15 inch monitor... but seriously..... get a bigger one... youll be much happier.. i have a 22.5 inch... its nice... they go for about 150 these days

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never had any memory problems ever, but if you say so, thats cheaper anyways.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah crap... just noticed the mobo can't support ddr3, so its either find another mother board or just get ddr2.... is it worth it to go with the 1200? or will lower work just as good?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok.... yea I don't have the time, patience, or all the tools and sheet metal required to do that, plus I gave away my xbox a few months ago.

I plan on use the computer for casual gaming, and just the usual every day usage.

If you would pick a different video card, please show me one that is going to keep up, like I said, I've been out of the loop.
its more falls into what your budget looks like... and what you may be able to do without... like the case? or the power supply?

i mean... we can reccommend a really nice card that is badass.... but will cost you..

we could reccomend a really good setup that is bulletproof and affordable... but its gonna cost you.. lol

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the one i listed works with your mobo you have listed...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nevermind.... the memory chris posted will work

EDIT: lol yea...

Anyways, I'm trying to keep it pretty low priced, but low priced and decent. As to why the video card I choose is only $40 so if you can keep it around there, please show me what you think would be good.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
40 dollars is going to get you a crap video card. You need to up your budget by 200 to 300.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you said you have hard drives?

if so... what ones do you have?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chris, your list didn't work.

I'm not spending over $100 even on a video card... or anywhere near that even. I'm not a huge pc gamer.... if $40 gets me crap, I'm fine with crap then.