Change...EM1 content

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
haha...no problem. Keep in mind that if you want 15x8 949 will be your way to go in the two wheels you are looking at. Enkei made the RPF in 15x8 years ago but they are not currently offered. They float around used from time to time (currently a set local to me fs...lol.) but not as easy to find as 949's =)
Choice of mods will depend on whether or not I want to be competitive in a class. Probably won't worry about it lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha don't know about that. I've got a ton of work ahead of me. I've been starting to research a lot and following your build as well. I'm pretty set on a GSR with a b16 trans. Not sure on suspension set up yet though.
I'm open to help answer any questions you might have bud. Should be a good combo there and not to expensive. And you def have the ability to go poor mans R if you so decide later with that black =)

Choice of mods will depend on whether or not I want to be competitive in a class. Probably won't worry about it lol.
No doubt. It is a good idea to start more stock and mod the car based on your class decicion or to help how the car performs to your driving style. 15x7 is still a good size, I just like thinking about that x8...lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm open to help answer any questions you might have bud. Should be a good combo there and not to expensive. And you def have the ability to go poor mans R if you so decide later with that black =)

No doubt. It is a good idea to start more stock and mod the car based on your class decicion or to help how the car performs to your driving style. 15x7 is still a good size, I just like thinking about that x8...lol.
Sweet man thanks. Im looking into doing suspension work first. Trying to find out which coilover setup I wanna go with.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet man thanks. Im looking into doing suspension work first. Trying to find out which coilover setup I wanna go with.

Koni/gc

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I cant speak much on the Koni/GC setup as I've never run it. I know its a great setup but I'm not sure about he shock differences. While Koni does offer a rebuild service if they go out after warrenty it is rather expensive. I do like the options for spring rates when you order as you can really get what you are looking for.

Personally I like the Tein line as the repair service is cheaper and I know how great their customer service is from actually using that service. I like that they offer a range of crossover coilovers that can be comfortable but still do the job needed for weekend warrior track duty. And I especially like the EDFC option for Tein. Hands down that will keep me with them.

Progress and KW are great choices as well but they will be more track ready and not as comfy as some of the others.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This.

I was thinking about going this route with my EJ8. Are the Sport Series shocks worth the upgrade from the STR T ones?

Also, I love this car. Almost makes me want to paint mine blue.
For competitive purposes, yes the Sports are better than the STR.T's. Main reason being is that they will be able to work better with higher spring rates. STR.T's damping are the same as the Sports at their softest setting which means you should go with a very high spring rate. The Sports are comfortably able to go up to 600# springs.

The KW's I'd say are probably around the next step up from the Koni/GC setup. Costs a good bit more than even the Koni Race/GC setup and they perform really well. But you can be extremely competitive with just Koni/GC. That's what I have on both of my races cars and I can't begin to tell you how many people I know run that setup and are extremely competitive, even national champs.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What exactly is the koni/gc setup?

Also, did you by any chance attend an auto cross event in Williamsport, PA recently?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What exactly is the koni/gc setup?

Also, did you by any chance attend an auto cross event in Williamsport, PA recently?

Koni/GC typically is just either Koni Sports or Koni Race shocks matched with the Ground-Control sleeves/Eibach springs. Ground-Control makes their sleeves specific to shocks since most shock manufacturers may use a different diameter shock body and also different size top end of the shaft where the top mount threads through. It's a very popular setup because both of those companies manufacture high quality products(I know people with Koni shocks that have over 200k original miles on them and still truckin'), they both have life time warranties, and the price is extremely reasonable for the performance/life you get out of them.

I've never been to PA for an autox but I know a bunch of people that run/live up in PA that probably run there often.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Koni/GC typically is just either Koni Sports or Koni Race shocks matched with the Ground-Control sleeves/Eibach springs. Ground-Control makes their sleeves specific to shocks since most shock manufacturers may use a different diameter shock body and also different size top end of the shaft where the top mount threads through. It's a very popular setup because both of those companies manufacture high quality products(I know people with Koni shocks that have over 200k original miles on them and still truckin'), they both have life time warranties, and the price is extremely reasonable for the performance/life you get out of them.

I've never been to PA for an autox but I know a bunch of people that run/live up in PA that probably run there often.
ahh okay. I'm definitely gonna check them out too. There was an autox event down the street from my school up here and there were a couple of efs, and I thought I had seen yours but now I remember they were white and green. They were pretty sick.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
I got my Koni/GC for all of the reasons posted above. And I love them to death. Plus, I paid a whopping total of $735 for them brand new......for that price, it only made sense to get them over mediocre F&F Type2, D2, KSport etc......

Once my brother finishes the next phase of his Accord, me and him plan on hitting up a few autocross events to just have some fun.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good deal =) Like I said, I dont have the experience with the Koni/GC but I know they have a great rep and I have seen plenty out there. I guess if they have a lifetime warrenty on the shocks that it doesnt crossover a second hand purchase and thats why the service is expensive. A buddy had a set and called to find out what was up with the warrenty/service and he was quoted almost the cost of a new damper. Biggest thing is that they are such a great combo and so well priced that it kills me seeing all these people running such garbage and cheap suspensions like FF/D2/KSport...

Always good to hear more people want to get out there and try AutoX!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, Friday a buddy came over and we removed the yellow roll bar. Its sold but traffic kept it from its new owner yesterday. :(

Loaded up both my "new" roll bar and my buddies for his ITR (one I've been doing the wiring for)

And...finished up the harness work on my buddies ITR =) Pic was taken while connectors were still being put back on but the loom work is done =)

He just wanted the back half taped up since its under the battery tray.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Isn't the black roll bar the one you had listed FS? What is the difference between that one and the yellow?

EDIT: Nevermind, just hopped over to em1crew and saw someone ask the same thing lol. Still autopower I assume, just the race version?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol...yeah its still AutoPower but just the race version. It is the one I had listed. It was listed for my buddy with the ITR. He bought it because he was told it was for an Integra but after test fit and then part number look up it was for a Civic. It would fit the Integra but not how he wants it, some people are ok with it being slightly off I guess. But I took it from him to list on Civic forums since I'm more connected that way where he is in the Integra/ITR side. We were able to make a deal as I had been thinking about it since he found out what it was...lol. Finally decided we would brave it and do the swap out since I had a buyer lined up for the yellow =) Both of our bars should be back Thursday with mine probably going in this weekend.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
You keeping it black then? And the loom looks good, about how many hours you think you spent on it total?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man. I've not really kept track of the time invested in the harness work. It was done here and there when we had time, as you can tell by the hit or miss posts about it...lol. But its not a crazy amount of time as its not hard to do by any means. I'm hoping to find time over the winter to do my OEM harness I pulled off the car when I did the swap last year and put in the RyWire. If I get that done I'll change them out and sell the RyWire.

Both roll bars are being done in a matte/satin black. Keeping it low key this time...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You are right Tig, but honestly I didnt even think about that...lol. I was planning on yellow again but then thought about just doing a matte/satin color with all the black/dark interior parts.