Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So things have been busy around here. Work, house stuff...life. Wifey and I took this past Saturday to spend some time hanging out and went down to the VA Beach Oceanfront to check out the Nepute Festival...

Neptune!

That evening, we went to a friends to relax...

But I did pack the car up Saturday afternoon for some racecar business on Sunday. Never forget the GoPro's/ghetto pro!

Sunday fun-day!

After the first session, just chillin' while I was eating...

Rear tires, doing work!

I've been working hard on my racer/farmer tan this year...lol.

In car from one run this weekend...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzEgK6V6hbg

And if you had not seen the image I had done of my car by The Visual Labratory, here it is! I LOVE it!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So things have been busy around here. Work, house stuff...life. Wifey and I took this past Saturday to spend some time hanging out and went down to the VA Beach Oceanfront to check out the Nepute Festival...

And if you had not seen the image I had done of my car by The Visual Labratory, here it is! I LOVE it!
This from Gran Turismo 6? haha.

What's The Visual Labratory?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha...it's a graphic design firm in the U.K. Daniel drew the car, put into Photoshop and then built up the layers of detail to get the seen product.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys! Yes, the number boards are bigger than expected, but nice =)

Another shot from that show above...just with an edit by the person who took it...

So we had the Dragon Meet this past weekend. Homie, Frank, rode out with me from VA. As always, the car was packed with parts going to new owners.

Caught him slipping...lol. KNOCKED OUT!

After getting to TN, buddy went to work at laying the Spoon banner for me.

Cool shot we got on the way home...

Lunch before the run!

Someone didnt plan ahead...lol. He replaced two and met us down at the Dragon since it was flat before heading down.

I let Frank drive a run while I rode in a buddies S2000, not bad for cell shots...lol.

Group shot at Fontana Dam...

Shot via Killboy.com that made their highlights on FB...

The jouney home sucked...lol. Fog in the mountains was so thick I could hardly see out the windshield. I took this well before as I was enough to just drive in the mess later. Couple that with crazy rainfall...the suck.

Stopped to see another EM1 buddy in NC...

Washed all that road grit off on Monday!

And a couple parts I picked up while at the Dragon. Was a huge thanks to my buddy Rob for getting them to me. He drove from Vegas to Knoxville for the meet and brough the parts with him. Even detoured 300 miles out of his way to get the seat I've been trying to get for over a year. Neither of the last two owners wanted to ship so he told me he would just go get it and bring it to me.

Top1 full rear diffuser...

Spoon reclining seat, that we had to take apart to get in the car with the diffuser...lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks like you had a good time fore sure! Seeing an autox prepped car actually being used for it's purpose is nice! There's a DC5 around me that's decked out in J's Racing stuff, yet the guy has never autocrossed before, ever.

How many tires do you go through in a season?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man. It sucks to see so much money dumped into track parts and then they just sit. But whatever, ain't my money...lol.

My track tires were purchased, used but nearly new, back in Feb of 2011 when I first started. Still rolling! They were a full tread tire and not as soft as the slicks that are out there. Plenty of life left on them. And the RA1's hold up really well to the heat cycles. My street tires have seen a little track time and I've only recently replaced the front as seen in a previous post.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
<3 Conor

Thanks VTi!

So, yeah, long time everyone. Been crazy busy with moving and such. I'll get things updated in this post to current I think =)

It seems I missed posting the pics from the local car show I went to, minus that one black and white edit...so here are the others...

Took the car, in racecar status, to a show not far from my house over the weekend. Richie, my bro in law who bought my wifes old Si, came out as well as my buddy with his legit EF7 CRX.

A little clean up when we got there...

Oh crap! I missed a spot!

The homie Kyle and how the 15x8 949's fit. I picked up that square set a while back for a buddy Mitch. Mitch let Kyle use them for the show...

My last AutoX of the season due to finishing up the tires...

Didnt touch these after bringing them in the house from the Dragon meet. Saturday night was crunch time to offload all the video and get them charged up for the Sunday AutoX. Do you even GoPro, bro?

Car emptied - Check. Wheels swapped - Check. Misc equipment ready - Check. Tech inspection - Check. Ready to go!

Yee!!!!

Some fun trash talk...lol. But this was the only time this STI was in front of me...in grid. My time slips were better than his ;)

Got back to start changing my wheels and packing up and realized at some point, I'd driven my number board right off the car! Wind was nuts Sunday. As you can see, I even had some painters tape to try and help hold it down...

And this determined my season was over. New tires for next year!

Homies FC lurking...

Little after work fill up yesterday =)

And then there was this...

After about a year of waiting, the AP1 cluster goes in! I was waiting for both the mileage to match my Si cluster and the WireWorx harness/K Tuned healer. Back in roughly May, I had everything, except matching mileage. The time came =))

Test, test...

I broke the plexiglass on the first filler plate I was working on. We ran up to Home Depot and got another...which I broke...lol. This break was repaired due to where it was. Screw making another one...lol.

While I was down there, I pulled out the SRS harness as I havent had the bags plugged in since the Spoon wheel. And I absolutely HATE airbags. More danger than safety in my opinion. Only bothered to pull the driver side out though, didnt feel like pulling the passenger side...so I just cut it and sealed the wires left behind. I'll pull the rest later...

Project support group was in the house!

Photo a buddy got of me at the Dragon...

As I mentioned, there was moving. Sold the old place and have been trying to work through buying the house we live in now. Its a short sale, so bonus, but the BS we have been dealing with to get to the closing table has been insane. Lucky for us though, the house was empty and the owner is letting us rent it until we get to closing. YAY for not being homeless while we wait!

But....
Parts collection has begun at the new house!

Got a few nice things for Christmas. These boxes are always nice to find =))

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Offically closed on the old house yesterday (Dec 30). This was the last photo at the old place...

First pic at the new house...

Still working on the move in process and going through much of the stuff in the garage. However, my PCI sides arrived!

After the deep chill we had and the sustained cold now and some rain, the RE-11's have told me well enough that they do not like this weather. Mornings, they were rock solid and would slip when starting from a stop. It was like rolling on bricks...lol. Yesterday they were talking back about the rain as well. No good.

Winter mode, engaged.

A bunch of flying rats (seagulls) flew over as I was crossing the James River via bridge, covered my windshield, lucky for me it was raining and it washed most of it away right off. But it seems they were able to hit my right rear SW...lol. Splashed a bit of water to rinse it before putting in storage...

If you have maybe noticed the small spot on my passenger fender, its been messed up since I bought the car in 2005. What was once a small blemish has grown quite a lot over the last couple of years. This year the paint was separating from the fender and retaining water. It finally decided it had had enough...lol. Whatever...#trackbeat #dailydriven #bustedleveloneup haha...

And then this...
Well, not a good start to my day (Jan 22). Bumper got caught on something going into the parking lot and work...and BOOM! All I saw was EBP parts flying through my lighting field of view.

What I found...

What I could find of the parts...

And this tops off the paint coming off fender last week. Poor car is dying for some love...

So, the rest of the broken winglet was destryed yesterday (Jan 26). Whatever...lol. I am still riding around like, no care. Didnt secure the bumper in any way. Just letting it do its thing.

And for the blizzard of 2015...

And current...
Picked up a couple of things...

Cusco low ramps. Assist in getting the jack under the car if you dont want/have multiple jacks to get it in the air.

Spoon.

Lets just say things got serious on Friday morning...

The car is gone.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice to see im not the only one going through ups and downs at the same time hahaha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whoa! Sorry for the misleading statement! It's not gone in the sense that it is not more. Its gone to the body shop for like a month...lol. The stack of parts didnt go to the shop as they wont be going back on the car, with maybe the exception of the hood. Sorry guys...lol. Thanks for the love though!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You would have made a lot of people sad and/or angry getting rid of that thing. :lol: