XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ebay Turbo. It's cheap. But your motor won't last very long. There's no such thing as cheap, fast, and reliable...

Anyways, it's a Honda. They're not made for speed. Though from the looks of your avy, smaller wheels could help you. Those looks huge. Also, intake/header/exhaust combo. If you can spent a little more, just go for a b-series swap or turbo (NOT an ebay kit) your motor. Depends on what you define as "cheap".

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah man, i cant remember the formula, im pretty sure someone will post it up but.

Cheap + Fast = NOT RELIABLE (or good)
Fast + Reliable (Good) = NOT CHEAP

Sell those fkn DUB ass twenty fo's you got, get smaller rims (this aint need for speed yo) and work on the suspension first, OEM Civic (non Si) blows d**k, then get a COLD air intake, short rams just sound cool but you gain 0.000005786 HP from them, after that save up for a turbo. Or dont waste money on a civic, with all the money you're saving on gas save up for either a swap or an S2000. :D

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah man, i cant remember the formula, im pretty sure someone will post it up but.

Sell those fkn DUB ass twenty fo's you got, get smaller rims (this aint need for speed yo) and work on the suspension first, OEM Civic (non Si) blows d**k, then get a COLD air intake, short rams just sound cool but you gain 0.000005786 HP from them, after that save up for a turbo. Or dont waste money on a civic, with all the money you're saving on gas save up for either a swap or an S2000. :D
You don't get any gain on a cold air intake either really.. you just risk the chance of hydrolocking even more.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
instead of buying the cai or header spend that money on intercooler piping and turbo header. stock parts work well enough to last till you build up a good turbo setup

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Worst advice Ive EVER seen here on Club Civic. You can have a fast car with larger rims. If he wants power/speed, the ONLY way he's going to get it out of a SOHC Honda, is a turbo system. Cold air intakes add 1hp, IF your lucky. Same with a short ram intake. The majority of Honda motors are so free flowing from the factory, that aftermarket/larger intakes/exhausts do little to nothing, performance wise on a otherwise stock motor.

OP, if you want to go faster, you need to have a goal in mind. How much HP are you looking for? Once you set a goal, then you start researching to see what needs to be done, to reach that HP goal.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Worst advice Ive EVER seen here on Club Civic. You can have a fast car with larger rims. If he wants power/speed, the ONLY way he's going to get it out of a SOHC Honda, is a turbo system. Cold air intakes add 1hp, IF your lucky. Same with a short ram intake. The majority of Honda motors are so free flowing from the factory, that aftermarket/larger intakes/exhausts do little to nothing, performance wise on a otherwise stock motor.

OP, if you want to go faster, you need to have a goal in mind. How much HP are you looking for? Once you set a goal, then you start researching to see what needs to be done, to reach that HP goal.
^^^ Best Advice i think ive seen on CC.. Funny, this same question keeps popping up twice a month! Maybe i should quote it and make it my sig!

momoxsparco558

That D series Guy
5+ Year Member
Turbo it!!!! Or, send the head out to get built, $1000 your lookin at to send it out.

Subtle hint: SAVE THE MONEY AND THEN DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Bad advice? what the f**k?

I'm just telling him that suspension work is very important too, and he shouldn't waste money on I/H/E and just save up for a swap, turbo, or another car.

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^
That too, sell them rims on craigslist, and get a set of steelies, or LS meshies (like mine :D ) and save up, save up, and save up.
It takes quite a bit to make a D16 go "fast", you (in my opinion) are better off doing a swap to a B18, and turbo dat bech G.
Believe me, learn from my mistake, i wasted so much money buying Short Ram, Exhaust, and other goodies for my s**t DX (D16Y7) and it is still slower than a STOCK EX.... fail.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy a street bike

or hook a leaf blower up to your air intake as a super charger

RICER :rice:

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^
I saw a vid of that. I couldnt believe it. lol, Leaf blower + NAWWZZz

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol hope that civic on your sig isnt your car cause the m3 mirrors gotta go
If I wanted a stock looking car, I'd buy a new civic

RICE FTW - Im an OG, I've been ricing out my civic before The Fast and The Furious was a movie trailer

:rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

Guess, what...........I keep all the rice on the outside and haven't touched the engine, so the car is 10 years old and has 140,000 miles, all put on it by yours truly, with a stock engine and no repairs.

My god, I love my Honda. If I want a fast car, I will buy one and it won't be a honda, because I will still be driving this rice machine

HARMON

N/A RACING
5+ Year Member

THIS is the formula -- Fast/ Cheap/ Reliable -- pick 2 and the 3rd is what its not.....