CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some minor things while money stacks...

As a member mentioned way back, I needed to replace my ghetto rigged weatherstripping that the previous owner had for the trunk. I Also get another set of front mud guards, I don't plan on destroying these this time.

Spoon'n with the mudguards on

Went out to one of my favorite areas to snap a couple of pics. I just like all the lights

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
So clean. Nice work. Where did you buy all the weather striping? I plan on redoing all the trim in my car after paint.

Abyss

Sorry if it's been asked before, but where did you find those mud guards? I'm assuming they're genuine Honda ones right?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry if it's been asked before, but where did you find those mud guards? I'm assuming they're genuine Honda ones right?
Try eBay that's where I got mines. Or H and A accessories.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
I love how much you point into your motor and such, I'm building my motor right now and I'm going to order a few downstar things instead of ordering oem ( oil pump, water pump, bell housing, and starter bolts ). I like to get ARP everything but I havn't found bolts for those things from ARP so I thought about downstar from this thread.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you ever changing the grill?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I go through honda dealers because I want actual oem parts. Usually if it's on Ebay at a cheaper price, it's just an equivalent part that is almost identical to oem. So far I have one product that wasn't an actual oem replacement, my window regulator on the drivers side. It fits and works fine, and was even plug and play... but the window switch works backwards and the wiring is stretched to its limit. I only bought it because I needed it quickly, otherwise I would have paid the extra few bucks.

Are you ever changing the grill?
Yeah, once I get my hands on an actual CTR grill or better.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup, OE mudguards. Straight from Honda.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good Child! Your car is perfectly composed and it really shows in the pictures. I feel like thats the way it should look. Instead of looking at some bolt on lip, carbon fiber wrapped, plasicdip, chinaparts ext. you made aftermarket look factory. Honda should have offered the car that way but at the same time that makes it unique.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good Child! Your car is perfectly composed and it really shows in the pictures. I feel like thats the way it should look. Instead of looking at some bolt on lip, carbon fiber wrapped, plasicdip, chinaparts ext. you made aftermarket look factory. Honda should have offered the car that way but at the same time that makes it unique.
Thanks man, i appreciate it!
I had to bump this!
:thumbs up

K-Tuned has stepped up for me in a major way for me ever since I got my hands on their Race Spec shifter cables, which actually was an unexpected experience, but i'm very grateful. The good guys at K-tuned hooked me up with a raw high flow fuel rail, #1 of only 5, and they took the time to get it to me the way I wanted and with the connections i preferred. Top notch service!

The K-Tuned raw rail vs. Hybrid-racing rail

This thing is quite beefy in comparison :thumbs up

The raw rail idea came up when I asked about having a polished rail catered to my swap. After them seeing what I did with their RSX billet shifter, they pulled the triggered and hooked me up. So of course I threw some shine on it

The solo cam bay is starting to get ripped apart to ease the swap day drama of parts removal

There was plenty splatter and gunk around, so I went to wash up afterwards.

Powder coated goodies headed my way thanks to K-N-2-EK Alex!!! I'll of course throw some detailed pics up in due time.

"what's left for the swap?" RSX-S O2 sensor, will be provided by AutoFair Honda K parts, and an exhaust. I'll also be buying more tools to complete the swap myself

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:shock: Wow... I go back and forth about doing a K-swap or not... every time I look in your thread, I edge a little closer to the K.... that just means I'd have to roll with the automatic for a while though.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: Wow... I go back and forth about doing a K-swap or not... every time I look in your thread, I edge a little closer to the K.... that just means I'd have to roll with the automatic for a while though.
Go K! just don't go overboard like me lol. It's a terrible addiction

SiR.Huey

Well, after about 9 months of being out of the game due to thieves, i ran across a gem of an EK, so i had to pick it up. Ive always wanted one, so im going to definitely take my time with this one. I'll post pics when i can of what i do. Comments are welcome...because i do my own thing regardless =)

////////6/26/11 pg.1 post #1:

reference pics, because i cant stand wires all over my bay

Most recent photo:

////////3/02/12 pg.65 post #971

///////////8/05/13 pg.262 post #3924

Kind of hard to showoff the harness since it's made to be subtle yet functional. I just connected to check the lengths and to try and see how I want to route it all. I have 3 sensors that I won't be using, so I need to find a way to zip tie them up nicely and keep them out the way.

haven't picked up my RDX injectors yet, so these are left unplugged

not how it will look in the end, Im also getting my K-tuned water neck this week, so this big bulky TSX one will be gone

The "over the valve cover" exit is just perfect. Going to run it through the oem engine harness hole and keep the battery in the bay.

///////////10/25/13 pg.276 post #4136

The solo cam bay is starting to get ripped apart to ease the swap day drama of parts removal

There was plenty splatter and gunk around, so I went to wash up afterwards.
2.5 years and 4000+ posts later; I am still just as amped, as I was when I first started to follow this thread, for you to do this swap! I don't feel the need to tell you to keep it up, I think that's a habitual action for you. Good work Child!

Now are you keeping the Ex cluster as posted on pg. 1 in your mods list or what's your plan for that?

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't wait to see it with the heart transplant, your builds are inspiring. Sub'd