Civic Vs.mustang

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You even sure they are racing you?
lol yes they were..not saying I have beaten ever 5.0 I've come across..but it's fun!!

My whole point was that when someone in a 1.6 is able to run with or beat a 5.0, I find that impressive. I don't like using the displacement difference as a clutch..A car is faster, or it isn't.

I don't race on a track, usually 50-120 rolls, so I do ok with'em. On a track?? Yeah I would expect to get eatin hard off the line.

Anyone who refutes that $ for $ its more worth goin for the civic (if power is your thing) is stupid. I just feel better knowing I'm runnin on some redneck who thinks he's hot s**t in his mustang. (not callin you all a redneck, just where i'm from there's a ton of'em).

That's the reason I went with my Si..I don't want a car that's already fast and just make it faster. I want something that's not really spodda run and get it hammerin....every1 has their own motivations for what they drive and why, just my opinion

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how many different ways can we say the same thing?

a v8 is better than a 4 cylinder. its that simple. sure you can build an I4 up to compete with a v8 but those same mods in a v8 are going to make a hell of a lot more power. why is this so hard for people to understand

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how many different ways can we say the same thing?

a v8 is better than a 4 cylinder. its that simple. sure you can build an I4 up to compete with a v8 but those same mods in a v8 are going to make a hell of a lot more power. why is this so hard for people to understand
lol you complain about it, then do it yourself??

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What if...

You picked up some random 6th gen Civic EX? KEEP that motor, piece together a turbo kit FOR that motor, and boost the hell out of it? Make a solid 250whp, strip the car... And race the stock mustang, camaro, etc...

And while doing this spend only like 2k on the car and 2k on the build? Hehehehhehee

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What if...

You picked up some random 6th gen Civic EX? KEEP that motor, piece together a turbo kit FOR that motor, and boost the hell out of it? Make a solid 250whp, strip the car... And race the stock mustang, camaro, etc...

And while doing this spend only like 2k on the car and 2k on the build? Hehehehhehee
Because then you had just to buy a car, and the turbo kit for that car, to beat a stock Mustang.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Because then you had just to buy a car, and the turbo kit for that car, to beat a stock Mustang.
But you also just spent 4k on the Mustang. So what's the difference huh, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!!HUIdhasuildjkawawawawawaw23vn i84ua89pto;hlj34,tnkla34jkla34jk44io3j34jio5jlbn, m24 243t 24

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And I get bragging rights!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And still beat a mustang on budget modifications!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I miss you guys =)

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
But you also just spent 4k on the Mustang. So what's the difference huh, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!!HUIdhasuildjkawawawawawaw23vn i84ua89pto;hlj34,tnkla34jkla34jk44io3j34jio5jlbn, m24 243t 24
The difference I bought a car for 4k that's STILL faster than the car you got :lol:

And I get bragging rights!
Bragging rights that you had to turbo a car to beat another car, that was completely stock?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got a car that beats Mustangs all day too :what:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lol I agree with Ian.....this whole debate is pointless as its just ridiculous. Tone, yea your car can romp on Mustangs.....and looks a whole of a lot better doing it :D But dollar for dollar, a muscle car......especially one from the late 80's-early 90's is going to be best for DRAG RACING.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thinks are a personal opinion, I'd pick a Mustang over Tonee's car any day ;)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And me thinks I would take Tonee's car over a muscle car. But these are personal opinions we are talking about now ;)

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This thread is full of win! All i gotta say is civics were made for good gas mileage and as a car anyone would want. mustangs and camaros were designed with being "sporty" cars and for being raced. hence the bigger engines with optional performance packages straight from the dealership. since when has hondas had an optional fuel injector upgrade or larger throttle body be offered at the dealership? since when were you able to go to then honda dealership and say "i want that 6th gen civic and i want a supercharger with it too." civics are made to go fast when you put money into them but so are muscle cars. who wants the bragging rights of beating a stock car? id rather be able to say i beat a fully built car than a stock one that anyone could drive

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k this thread and the OP .... you wanna beat mustangs spend $$$$ souping up your car. When i still had my 96 ls integra with i/h/e i got smoked all day by my friends 89 5.0 .... (and no i never thought i would win i just figured it would be fun for us to race and see how bad id lose)

edit: also saw the other post about beating v6 stangs .... the newer ones no way but when i had my 91 civic sohc zc i/e i was able to beat a 95 v6 auto stang, not by much though.

Last edited:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because its another retarded import vs muscle thread when the thread started has virtually no mods