Cup holders?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, I know this is ridiculous, and I rarely ask questions on here, but this I'm certain of and the current type of people in this Honda Hobby simply put, irritates me.

I got sucked into a stupid argument, about yes, cup holders.
He wanted to argue that 6th gen Civic cup holders differed by trim.
I said cup holders don't differ by models, they differ by year.
Obviously, he knows more, this was his reply..
"bro i dont care what they say. i live half a mile from a junkyard that i find myself at more then home, i look at yrs and trim and it doesnt matter on yrs you can order different trims from honda and the models differ in interior. seats, door cards, gas tanks, brakes, motors, etc ."
Precedes to call me a "F'in idiot".
I say "Look up the part numbers, cross reference and compare. OEM parts catalogs will not show the later cup holder console available for the 96-98 models, why, because they were not made yet. Of course, i should believe the typical Honda fan boy over actual OEM part numbers. 96-98 part # 77230-S01-A03ZA and the 99-00 part number is 77294-S01-A00ZA

His reply "after work ill go take some pics of yrs, vins, and cup holders. so i can shut youre brochure loving ass up. fan boy please, i actually work on them not read forms by fanboys an call myself a enthusiast. build a civic and then talk some s**t."

OK, am I wrong, I don't think so. I've owned enough of these to know AND I CAN READ and RESEARCH!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure you're absolutely right. I'm not sure about the Si, but I can't imagine those being any different.

I guess you'll have to wait for fan boi's pictures :lol:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6th gens only have two cup holder options in the US, regardless of the trim. Ive seen at least 1 other option in another country but I dont recall if it was JDM or elsewhere. Anyways, youre right. What that fool isnt considering is that he sees different cup holders in used junked hondas that couldve easily had the cup holders swapped.

US options: '99-'00(left) & '96-'98(right)

This is the third cup holder not available in the US...

Last edited:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6th gens only have two cup holder options in the US, regardless of the trim.
That's what I said, and honestly, I wasn't even nasty about it, but that's the problem with these "kids" on these forums and groups.
Most of them have no idea about real life, nor can they think, reason, or use common sense.
He got defensive, told me part numbers don't matter, and then he started personally attacking me and telling me how his has all this money for his build, etc.

Completely generalizing, but this is what I have experienced from this crowd:
Most live at home or in an "apt", usually smoke, act like thugs, are disrespectful, not open to criticism, probably work at Pep Boys or some other auto parts store, so they have some inflated ego where they think they are a mechanic, but can't and don't know how to troubleshoot, then ask the simplest of questions, think they can turn a wrench, but can't search Google, complain about prices of or can't afford parts, sell parts to pay for license suspension or owe child support.
Thank you for your time.
<End Rant>

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what I said, and honestly, I wasn't even nasty about it, but that's the problem with these "kids" on these forums and groups.
Most of them have no idea about real life, nor can they think, reason, or use common sense.
He got defensive, told me part numbers don't matter, and then he started personally attacking me and telling me how his has all this money for his build, etc.

Completely generalizing, but this is what I have experienced from this crowd:
Most live at home or in an "apt", usually smoke, act like thugs, are disrespectful, not open to criticism, probably work at Pep Boys or some other auto parts store, so they have some inflated ego where they think they are a mechanic, but can't and don't know how to troubleshoot, then ask the simplest of questions, think they can turn a wrench, but can't search Google, complain about prices of or can't afford parts, sell parts to pay for license suspension or owe child support.
Thank you for your time.
<End Rant>
Welcome to today's generation of undeserved self-entitlement. Blame all the coddling that was errantly encouraged starting in the '90s. The funny thing is that all that unwarranted anger is a clear psychological sign of pure denial. It makes me laugh and feel bad for them, but not enough to forgive it. I had one 17 year old kid at my buddy's shop, who just helped around and cleaned, actually try to argue with me that Civics are performance cars. Needless to say the discussion didn't last, especially when the other mechanics heard it then we all ganged up on him with reality. Just learn to wipe your @$$ with their profound ignorance at life. Its quite pathetic that most of this generation under 30 rather argue than research or simply even banter about a topic.

Getting off the stupid aggression side of this, he clearly didn't know what he spoke of and you've verify as such with a source that actually knows what they speak of... at least some of us do here. At least I have the humility to know when I'm wrong or admit I'm not sure, unlike the "F*ck you, Hex" kids who fit at least half of your profile that cant handle an adult pointing out their faults.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to today's generation of undeserved self-entitlement.
Sadly, this is part of what pushed me out of the hobby.
Bottom line, they're out of line and simply not good people, at all. They have NO accountability, but they're always "right".
They missed all the good ass whippings their parents SHOULD have given them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There are actually 4 options if I remember right, if I'm wrong then it's from the acura El or what ever that is basically a honda. The holder looks like 96-98 style but without the lid

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are actually 4 options if I remember right, if I'm wrong then it's from the acura El or what ever that is basically a honda. The holder looks like 96-98 style but without the lid
I'm referring to only 6th gen, US model Civic.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sadly, this is part of what pushed me out of the hobby.
Bottom line, they're out of line and simply not good people, at all. They have NO accountability, but they're always "right".
They missed all the good ass whippings their parents SHOULD have given them.
I had to add the quotations around the word "right" 'cause we both know they arent. I wouldnt say they needed @$$whoopings but lacked real parenting. Although some kids sadly need a physical reminder.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm referring to only 6th gen, US model Civic.
Well, the EL interior is that of a Civic with exceptions on the dash center bezel, lower dash pod & center shift colsole. @mc360, while it looks like it would fit, I dont believe the EL cup holder would fit a Civic console because the shift colsole at the cupholder is actually lower than in a Civic to clear cup space beneath the lower dash storage pod.

FYI, I added the EL lower storage pocket in my Civic & had to trim down the lower console plastic so itd fit and now I can only accomodate certain hight cups. Either way, here'a general reference picture of the EL center console.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
the third one came in the CTR the one with the lid is pre face lift models 96-98 and the one without the lid is from 99-00 model i have both cup holders

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Back off my postcount...
I'll never catch up.....doh!

One thing that does irritate me though is when it gets thrown in your face when you're pointing out that someone is wrong.
The first thing that person goes to is the post count, never mind that you were wrong in what you're saying and got called out on it, what does my post count have to do with it, Morons....

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll never catch up.....doh!

One thing that does irritate me though is when it gets thrown in your face when you're pointing out that someone is wrong.
The first thing that person goes to is the post count, never mind that you were wrong in what you're saying and got called out on it, what does my post count have to do with it, Morons....
Haha. Chock up another one for me.

All i know is my 96-98 cup holders sucked.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All i know is my 96-98 cup holders sucked.
Can confirm. I always rested my water bottles between the handbrake and the seat. Honda must have thought everyone driving these cars were fatties and only drank XL sodas. Worst design ever

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't see how 96-98 suck, I f**king hate my 99-00 cup holders, no one makes a fat bottomed cup so any normal taco bell or bk cup just tips over and spill since they taper down to small bottom. I did have that broken latch on my 96 cup holder though

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
the locking latch on those lids are always going bad or breaking my doesn't stay closed any more..