D16Y8 N/A High Comp. Build

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Angry, thanks man, I still dont totally understand it but I have a better idead now. Thanks again...

Ok, on the above diagram, hose #5 is connected to the RIGHT opening on my S2 IM. The LEFT opening goes to that little black box on the fuel rail (you can clearly see it, that black box in the back of the block) and then goes from there to the 'purge' opening (viewable on the second pic) on a big canister located below, to the right of the battery...

On the second pic you can also see where the FPR vacuum hose is connected to... I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Then on this 3rd pic, All the way on the bottom right-hand side, there's a little black cylindrical thing. Attached to that is that blue hose that runs next to the firewall and goes in the plenum of the IM... Now you can also see there's a hole (on the black part) where a hose was connected to. This hose that's missing was connected to my Cruise Control but since I took it off, I dont need it... So I should just block it off as well, right?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i yanked mine out.. but you can do whatever u like, yea you can do whatever u like.. stacks on deck, patron on ice, yea you can do whatever u like.........

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just a lil vid. Its not the first start up but its still at <130 miles BTW, the loud exhaust sound is cause I'm only running the headers and a test pipe... still need to weld the exhaust mount brackets cause the way they came they didnt align correctly and were too thick so Imma weld the stock mounting brackets instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQF-20QJbJk

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ Thanks man.

Here's a little spreadsheet I made during my build so I can keep track of the costs... Some of you who are thinking about building your D might benefit from this..

And I still need tuning but as of now its running ok. I havent been pushing it either. The cheap exhaust I bought on eBay didnt fit 100% corretly so I'm also gonna have to take it to a muffler shop to have'em cut'n weld to align it correctly.

And yeah, I know I bought so many things outta order but oh well. What's done its done!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why the blockguard and Eagle rods on an N/A D16? I dont think they'd be necessary. A N/A high CR D16 cant put out more than 200WHP, can it?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a guy on dseries.org pushing out 230ish NA in of course his d16 but even then i wouldnt think he'll need a block guard.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry for the delay, the block guard was more of a "better be safe than sorry" type of thing and I do plan to boost this same block sometime later this year so it's already there... when I boost it, I just gotta take it out and send it to the shop to bore it and I'm good. If I never intended to boost it then I wouldnt have bought it but that's not the case.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn, I'm gonna try to sell this build to pay for tickets and get myseld a POS single cam for now....

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't sell it! It looks dang good and you will NEVER get your money out of it!

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey MODS, why is this thread posted in the 6th Gen section and not in the Your build/your project section????

I just started a new one (B16A2t Turbo Build.... F@ck the budget) and it went straight to that other section.... Can it be moved here or can this one please be moved there so they're both in the same section?

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey doc now that your back, quick question on the d series real quick. The crankshaft that you had for it was anything wrong with it and how much was it to balance it and micro polish. I'm finishing up my build but I'm stuck withthis crankshaft. I spun a bearing and wanted to fix it but don't know what to do.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Frank, I used my original y8 crank, I cleaned it up real good, took it to a shop and said "fix it". The guy said it had to be 'turned' and thus I'd have to use oversized bearings... Some people say that's a 'no-no' but for me, it worked perfectly w/o a problem....

To ALL: all this time, effort, money, and caring went to garbage.... I got arrested last wednesday for driving w/ suspended license (yeah I know I deserved it but anyways...). My car got impounded (with a bunch of my property, not car related stuff, inside). In order for the towing company to release me the car I need a valid DL, valid insurance, and valid registration. To get insurance and registration, I need my DL fixed before. To fix my DL, its about $1200, insurance+registration will probably cost around $500, that's already $1700, to take my car out as of today it's probably another $300...

The towing company will only keep my car for 30days and each day its there they're charging me $20.... I know I wont be able to come up with the $2000 in a month so I basically LOST MY CAR. Yeah, DAMN!!!!!!! Dont know if I'll ever afford to be in the Honda scene again...... I've been considering going to the USCG to be a cop, that way I have a carrer and a badge and by having a badge, pretty much I wont have tickets and my DL wont get suspended again.... so maybe a lotta months from now (maybe a year or two) I'll have a car again. Anyways, to get into the USCG, I need a valid DL so that's my next step. Thank God I have a job but I gotta hustle to get to work cause I gotta go by bus and the public transportation in Miami is a POS, seriously, it's like every hour they pass... its horrible but w/e, I got myself in this hole.... Trying to keep my head up and be positive.... who knows, maybe this all happened for a reason and in 2012 I might have a '12 Si or even (my fav car of all time) an S2000.... let's see.

Just wanted to let all of you who follwed my build know... My boys B16A2T will be coming along very soon. We just had a little problem ordering the B16A2 main studs which didnt fit using a KMS Main Girdle, so he ordered the B18 main studs and those DO fit and allow us to use the KMS girdle.... It's coming along and it's gonna be fast, cant wait, I'll get to drive that car from time-to-time...

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
: ( makes me very sad man, there were only a few guys that had clean D series builds and were cool enough to help with out being a smart ass, im sure ill still be here when you get so GL with wjhat ever you end up doing man.

corumz

5+ Year Member
Hey Docta, I've been reading this build thread as I am looking to get a civic soon. I recently went through the same thing as you.. DWLS's suck, I know... Except I didn't get arrested (sorry that had to happen to you). Either way, I hope you get out of this mess. I will also be following the turbo build. Thanks for your time and effort put in this and the other thread (with PICS!!). =) Good luck to your near and far future.