Or 14x7 wheels?
Having trouble putting up my wheels on my Honda Civic 97

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Any one running diamonds racing wheels?
Or 14x7 wheels?
Having trouble putting up my wheels on my Honda Civic 97
What do you mean you're having troubles putting your wheels on your Honda? you mean like you have 14x7 +0 and they don't fit? Or do you mean that you don't know how they would look?

JChz19

What do you mean you're having troubles putting your wheels on your Honda? you mean like you have 14x7 +0 and they don't fit? Or do you mean that you don't know how they would look?

When i turn to the side the steering wheel the tires rubs the fender. Any help

The tires are 185/60R14

Last edited by a moderator:

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
The tires are 185/60R14
You have pretty low offset, so they stick out quite a bit compared to OEM. Is the car lowered at all? Pictures would definitely help. Do you run when you turn, go up driveways, or when specifically?
I guess the 3 options here are: Roll your fenders, get smaller tires, or get new wheels (possibly keeping the tires you have right now).

JChz19

You have pretty low offset, so they stick out quite a bit compared to OEM. Is the car lowered at all? Pictures would definitely help. Do you run when you turn, go up driveways, or when specifically?
I guess the 3 options here are: Roll your fenders, get smaller tires, or get new wheels (possibly keeping the tires you have right now).
image.jpeg

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
There are countless videos and threads out there in the World Wide Web..
http://www.rollyourfender.com/instruction.html
I've done the phone book, baseball bat, and plain old hammer to do mine. Although I'm not sure how much that'd help, it seems like your tires stick out waaay too much and there almost no way to fix it unless you get smaller tires or a higher offset wheel.

JChz19

There are countless videos and threads out there in the World Wide Web..
http://www.rollyourfender.com/instruction.html
I've done the phone book, baseball bat, and plain old hammer to do mine. Although I'm not sure how much that'd help, it seems like your tires stick out waaay too much and there almost no way to fix it unless you get smaller tires or a higher offset wheel.
Unless I raise my car more?
Which or the best offset to use?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Unless I raise my car more?
Which or the best offset to use?
Well I suggest you do some heavy research and studying in how wheel width, diameter, offset, and tire sizes work. On a nut shell: 40 offset is stock, 0 offset with stretched tires is usually what "stance" people run with a good amount of negative camber, and usually around 20 offset is agressive and fits well depending on tire size. I suggest looking at "low offset threads" like on Honda-Tech and such to see how different diamenters, width, and tires work. tyrestretch.com, and willtheyfit.com also work well.

itzrivera

Did you remove the fender liner? Do these have the seam in the wheel well like integras do? If so, you'll have to fix that. The low life is not as easy as lower the car and put wheels on it lol Do some research, you'll find others that went through the same thing.

JChz19

Did you remove the fender liner? Do these have the seam in the wheel well like integras do? If so, you'll have to fix that. The low life is not as easy as lower the car and put wheels on it lol Do some research, you'll find others that went through the same thing.
It didn't come with fender liner, so I have to cut the seam?
Is it better to roll the fenders or cut them?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those are some beefy tires too!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where can I get them?
I'm talking about the tires you currently have on there.. they're pretty beefy. You might get them to fit with no rubbing if you get smaller tires.. 185/55/14 or something. I'm not a tire or fitment expert though.

JChz19

I'm talking about the tires you currently have on there.. they're pretty beefy. You might get them to fit with no rubbing if you get smaller tires.. 185/55/14 or something. I'm not a tire or fitment expert though.
They don't have smaller size

itzrivera

It didn't come with fender liner, so I have to cut the seam?
Is it better to roll the fenders or cut them?
No! DO NOT CUT THE SEAM.
I'm only explaining what I did on my integra. I am not liable if you hurt yourself or anyone else on your quest for low and fitment***

When I had my integra I had to hammer it back, away from the tire. I haven't check on my 96 hatch to see if these hae the same seam, but its another thing to check.

Check out this thread. It details how some of us over on ci went about being sss
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=46380

JChz19

No! DO NOT CUT THE SEAM.
I'm only explaining what I did on my integra. I am not liable if you hurt yourself or anyone else on your quest for low and fitment***

When I had my integra I had to hammer it back, away from the tire. I haven't check on my 96 hatch to see if these hae the same seam, but its another thing to check.

Check out this thread. It details how some of us over on ci went about being sss
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=46380
So what should I do to fit the wheels?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
So what should I do to fit the wheels?
Get a lower profile tire to start with. a 60 sidewall is really tall and with the +0 offset there isn't really anything you can do without modifying the car in some manner.

So if you want to do absolutely nothing to the car, get at least 45 ratio sideway tire. Eventually you are going to have to roll the lip of the fenders once you start lowering the suspension.

JChz19

Get a lower profile tire to start with. a 60 sidewall is really tall and with the +0 offset there isn't really anything you can do without modifying the car in some manner.

So if you want to do absolutely nothing to the car, get at least 45 ratio sideway tire. Eventually you are going to have to roll the lip of the fenders once you start lowering the suspension.
Do you know where I can get those tires?
I couldn't find any lower profile tires in town.