Dominck's Return....In a FA5

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's real nice.
:thumbs up

Not much going with the build lately. But I did decide to join the plasti-dip bandwagon, and test the stuff out. Thought I'd try the emblems, and the rear trunk garnish. In the future, the garnish will be color matched, but for now, I thought I'd try this route.

Like I said, small update. Still saving for Buddy Club coils, so it's going to take some time.

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
I'm pretty late on this but nice pick up bro sad to hear the em1 got totaled. Good luck with this one bro looks good

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm pretty late on this but nice pick up bro sad to hear the em1 got totaled. Good luck with this one bro looks good
No worries man! And thanks! Can't wait to keep chipping away at the checklist.

Ordered the fancy-schmancy dead pedal from Strut King. Gonna be here in a week or so. Until then, I share pics. Myself and my good friend's Mazda 3. (Myself and he, tinted the tails, painted the rims and calipers, lil something extra).

And in other news, I hit the first 1000 miles in the FA! So far, the car is amazing! Love the ride, the feel, the speed, and the overall appearance, even if its still stock height. I can't wait to drive the next 1000 miles!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Dead pedal came in today. Looks amazing! Shame Honda didn't make it OEM.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good in there man.

Kinda dumb they wouldn't put it in the car to began with lol

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Found some inspiration

Of course, I want different wheels and a slightly different exterior appearance, but this is what I'm aiming for pretty much.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice pick up. Me girl just picked up a FA1 looks good next to my eg8 ;)

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man! They do go hand in hand! haha

Got OEM BNIB mudflaps from the homie Rinker.

Painted the manifold cover black, like the emblems and rear garnish. Thought it looked cool, so I did it. Meh.

That's all.

And I realized today, that my phone all of a sudden takes blurry photos as default all of a sudden......great. Most likely, going to retake them once I figure out why the camera is GHAEY!!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Transmission fluid flush. Felt as if third was getting a little to tough to get into gear. Kill it before it starts, as they say

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Decided to change up the accents. Took off the dip on the emblems, and the rear garnish. I then decided to paint the garnish a non-flat shade of black. Luckily, I had a can of NHBP from a previous EM1.

I also noticed a bit of oil on my valve cover last time I took the plastic manifold cover off, it was gunked on overtop the third cylinder from the left. So its either an O ring or something else. in the mean time, I decided to get some new spark plugs, E3, because my MPG is disappointing me. Hoppefully these new ones will make it a little more efficient.

But my god. From transitioning from a B series to a K series and, this chassis especially, the amount of space NOT available to work on, is killer. haha

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, got my overlays in. Decided to go the smoked route. Plus, I was able to snag a new third brake light overlay as well.

Luckily, the dark smoke I chose is actually a very good color match to the PMM.

Box:

Before and after:

Close up:

And I have a surprise for my followers later on tonight. hehe

Stay tuned!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Small updates for now.

Got some new toys from Harbor Freight: drop light and a 2.5 ton heavy duty jack. Since my old one decided to start leaking on me.

Immediately put them to the test. Needed an oil change BADLY. Also, I had gotten some new injector o-rings, because when I had removed my intake cover a while back, i noticed some gunk on the valve cover near the third injector. Upon further looking, i noticed that the whole area around the injector seals had been caked with crap. Cleaned it up, sanded the fuel rail a little, put the new o rings on, and put her back together.

And one more full body shot.

Other than that, got confirmation from WeSellCarParts.com that the latest purchase will be here on Friday!!! SO STOKED!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so simple....so clean! the way it should be!

what's this new order? spill your guts

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so simple....so clean! the way it should be!

what's this new order? spill your guts
Thanks my man! And in due time young grasshopper. hahhaa.

And after some reading, I realized how inexpensive FlashPro really is. Now time to learn how to do it myself.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BIG UPDATE COMING SOON!!!

For now, this will do.

Final piece to the puzzle came in today, surprise to me that's for sure.

Special edition "JDM" black front and rear badges

Went with these because the red badges are overplayed IMO and have no purpose on FA5's. Again, just me.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SO.....after a little bit of hassle, the day finally came. Buddy Club N+ dampers showed up at my house on midday Friday, and were installed within the hour. Had to finish up adjusting and perfecting the look the next day, but I got the car low enough to kill wheel gap, tuck a little bit of tire AND manage to not rub any fenders.

ONTO THE BEST PART OF THIS POST!!!!

Box

Directions (Not the most helpful)

Open and good looking. One of the best colorways, if you ask me.

So the fronts were easy as pie. Take off old and put on new. And much to my surprise, this is how much variability that these coils over.

Anyways, the rears were a different story. Way tougher than I had anticipated. Wasn't sure 100% on what needed to be unbolted to remove the spring so I ended up unbolting things I didn't need to, WHICH, being my luck, made putting the bolts back in, impossible. This and some more minor setbacks later, there wasn't enough time to finish and test. So I limped to work next day and tried them out.

Rear was WAY to bouncy. Found out that I had forgotten to take off the bottom bushing from the stock setup. The rear was riding soley on springs, hence the crazy bumpiness. After punching myself in the face, the strut problem was fixed, the top locking ring was taken out from the spring and hours of tinkering was followed.

And finally! After all was said and done, the final result is perfect!

And a little fun shot with my friends who helped me. Turbo'd EH, and a ITR swapped Integra.

More better pics to come later on in the future.