Dominck's Return....In a FA5

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some more pics from the install and test process:

And met up with Osiris19 tonight to wash out cars and head to a local meet.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah buddy! Loved seeing this in person. Such a clean car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update time! Liking the Buddy Club's. Ride is stiff and bouncy but nothing that's unbearable. Also pulled the trigger on my exhaust. Ordered it on a Sunday from Tunersports.com (ClubCivic.com) and had it at my house by midday Wednesday.

Got it installed today and took a sound clip because I never could find one myself that was suitable.

[YOUTUBE="Exhaust Note"]d_6DOCug38o[/YOUTUBE]

First reactions.....LOVE IT!!! Quiet and deep tone at startup and dailying around town but when VTAK hits, OH BABY!!

Anyways, that's all the updates that will happen for the rest of this year. Have to save up for school and a trip to the Dragon in October.

And now some quick pics of the car.

Oh and I raised the car since the last few pics. The stance thing is cool, but it gets old at times.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds damn nice. So much better than mine. I want a new exhaust bad.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I kind of want another Invidia, but I'll check how the Vibrants sound on integras. How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I kind of want another Invidia, but I'll check how the Vibrants sound on integras. How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
Bought it on here and after all was said and done, came to $515 ish. As opposed to 650 from Vibrant

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
About time I update this "build." Mostly going to be more pics of the car. Raised the car when we put the exhaust on, and have been riding around at respectable height ever since. Getting tired of the "stance scene," and moving onto the Auto-X/track day portion of cars and driving.

Anyways, pics from when the car was lower:

Quick photoshoot I did of the car a while back. Found a neat place off a main highway and I thought it'd be a neat place to take some pics.

And the following few days, some friends and I got some group shots:

Random rollers:

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And most recently, I went to the famous, Tail of the Dragon with some good friends from EM1crew. I had a blast despite some stomach issues......

i'm definitely going again next year! If you haven't gone or have been wondering about it.....it's awesome!

it was a 10ish hour drive from PA to TN where the hotel was. Fun ride with my homie, DeathLens.

Last picture, I look like a massive derp. Ah well.

A little humor I added on the second leg of the journey down. Had a lot of people smiling at me and getting the joke.

Some shots of me on the Dragon:

I also took a short video of the uphill portion of the Dragon. My phone actually ran out of memory space so there is actually more road than is shown. Don't mind the change jingling in the cup holder and my loud ass gum chewing.

[YOUTUBE="Tail of the Dragon Uphill Run"]_9H5DVttZVI[/YOUTUBE]

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Time to update

Found some more pics from the Dragon trip via DeathLens:

In recent news, over here in PA, we had a snow storm early December. I was heading to work, and about 30 seconds before I were to park, I hit a small dip going 15mph, and slid into the curb. After curbing my wheels, the car was down and out for 4 days for a replacement lower control arm and ball joint. That was the first thing I thought was wrong. The wheel looked to have positive camber instead of the normal negative camber.

So after putting the new control arm and ball joint on, I lowered the car back down and......nothing changed. So that wasn't the problem. Then, after taking it to a local mechanic, he put the car on the lift and said that my strut was bent. Ok, so take off the coilovers and put the OEM suspension back on and wait to get a new strut, right? Wrong. After putting the OEM suspension back on, the wheel still looks to be slightly positive cambered and still looks wrong, and my strut doesn't look bent to me.

As of now, I made an appointment with a local tuning shop to have my car put on the alignment rack and see what is wrong. I know I need an alignment, but I don't know if that is only what I need, as opposed to, say a tierod and an alignment.

In positive news, I just made a purchase that I couldn't pass up. Regularly they cost 800/900 in good condition. I'm picking them up for 400 and in so/so condition. They need minor work, but nothing that can't be done.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, here they are!

OEM DC5R wheels in optional silver!

They have minor scuffs and scratches on them, but maybe a 7/10 if you ask me. Mint, these go for a grand, good condition, maybe 800/900. I got these for 400!!

Test fit coming on Monday. This is the first time I've ever bought new wheels and I'm stoked!!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Test fit. Definitely need spacers. But that's maybe 200ish that will come down the line.

I'm definitely planning on maybe going for Yokohama S.Drive's in 225/45/17. I think that is the perfect size for these wheels. The 20mm spacers will give the wheels a total of +40 offset, +5 more than stock, so I think I'm in the clear for a 225 size tire

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I could've been down there to help you out man, but damn those look sooo good.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They look proper on there, and they look like 9/10 to me. That's great price man. IMO 15" wheel is perfect for 6th gen Civic. Would you say 17" is prefect for 8th Gen?

:thumbup:

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish I could've been down there to help you out man, but damn those look sooo good.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
No worries Jared! The test fit process took all of 15 min. :P But they do look damn good though! Appreciate it brother!

They look proper on there, and they look like 9/10 to me. That's great price man. IMO 15" wheel is perfect for 6th gen Civic. Would you say 17" is prefect for 8th Gen?

:thumbup:
Thanks man! And yes, I'd say that 17's are the best size for these cars. The OEM wheels are 17x7 and so are these. So with the right tire, the look of slammed or functional is possible. 18's are still good, but tough to pull off in some cases.

Looks dope! :thumbsup
Thanks man!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Found out what is wrong with the car because of the curb accident.

I brought it to a local tuning/alignment shop the other day, and this is what they found out.

The subframe was bent and causing about a degree of caster. Also, they narrowed the positive camber problem down to two possible areas. One, is the steering knuckle. It could be bent a tad and causing the wheel to sit off. Two, the wheel hub is bent and the bearing is shot. Both need to be replaced, but its either one at a time to try and gamble not having to buy the other part, or get them both replaced and play it safe.

After looking on Majestic Honda, I've got the total amount of all the parts to be a tad under $300. I'm pretty sure, putting a steering knuckle on is pretty self explanatory. But how hard is it to replace a wheel hub and especially a bearing? If anything, I don't mind having the same shop put in the parts for me, but I'm just curious.