Dominick's Dream Car Build (yea, its gonna be a slow one)

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UPDATE:

Decided to put my old visor on temporarily until I can get myself an OEM one.

Before:

After:

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up...

fronx

I dont like the visor but i love that car its so clean and your engine bay is so pumkin i love it! i like the dohc vtec too lol

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont like the visor but i love that car its so clean and your engine bay is so pumkin i love it! i like the dohc vtec too lol
Yea the visor is only for a lil until I get an OEM Si wing. But thanks man. And lucky me, I found another picture from a previous car meet.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn.. I'm BIG time jealous! $4k is ideal for an Si. I paid $3k for my EX coupe, with a friggin salvage title, and TRASHED paint/headliner. Full EM1 interior, EM1 front and rear end conversion, but yeah.. lookin good man!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yep. Actually my friend did. But the lip I want is also the flat color. So I thought it would match until I repaint the entire car.
Forgot to ask, will a Honda Fit front lip bolt directly to the EM1 bumper?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn.. I'm BIG time jealous! $4k is ideal for an Si. I paid $3k for my EX coupe, with a friggin salvage title, and TRASHED paint/headliner. Full EM1 interior, EM1 front and rear end conversion, but yeah.. lookin good man!
Forgot to ask, will a Honda Fit front lip bolt directly to the EM1 bumper?
Thanks man. I've been on the search for a while. It takes time and determination to find one of these. haha

And the Fit lip DOES directly bolt on to the front bumper.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice they look good. did u just mask off the red and spray it?
Yep. First clean the whole taillight with rubbing alcohol, and carefully mask off the red. Put several layers of tape near the divide and mask off the entire red areas. After that, apply the VHT stuff but be sure to keep it at least a foot away from the light. Do maybe a full coat and a half and let it dry for a couple hours. After carefully unmask the reds and use some rubbing alcohol to remove the task residue on the red.

Here are some more pictures that I found:

Masking the reds

Unmasked

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, that looks really good.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man. I've been on the search for a while. It takes time and determination to find one of these. haha

And the Fit lip DOES directly bolt on to the front bumper.

No joke. I almost bought an EM1 with 166k on the original B16, but it had horrible paint, heated springs, the rims were dinged up, and it was a salvage title. No thanks.

I'll have to try out that Fit lip. That's pretty cool.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, that looks really good.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
Yea man. I'm really happy with the way the lights turned out. Totally worth it. haha

No joke. I almost bought an EM1 with 166k on the original B16, but it had horrible paint, heated springs, the rims were dinged up, and it was a salvage title. No thanks.

I'll have to try out that Fit lip. That's pretty cool.
It's tough to find these. I've been on the lookout for what seems like forever. But after all is said and done, I couldn't be happier.

And totally man. I've only seen a handful of Ek's with them on. And only like 3 EM1's with them.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dig the car, but you're selling yourself a little short on a dream car bit, don't you think? Twin turbo supras, any number of skylines, porsches, ferraris, lambos... really? Given any of those you'd still pick the EM1? ;)

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dig the car, but you're selling yourself a little short on a dream car bit, don't you think? Twin turbo supras, any number of skylines, porsches, ferraris, lambos... really? Given any of those you'd still pick the EM1? ;)
Thanks man. And I understand where your coming from. And, yes, if I had the choice between a bunch of rare/exotic cars, i would still go for the EM1. I've loved them ever since they came out and have wanted one for just as long. Something about it's simplicity makes me love it. It's extremely difficult to explain. Like trying to explain why we are fans of Honda's to a diehard Mustang fan.