Dominick's Dream Car Build (yea, its gonna be a slow one)

BoiiD

wow ur car is clean af..i like it and yes your bay is diff which makes it even cooler to look at. keep it up

i wish i was a ble to get an em1 :( but every time i found one it had to many miles and was salvaged...

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow ur car is clean af..i like it and yes your bay is diff which makes it even cooler to look at. keep it up

i wish i was a ble to get an em1 :( but every time i found one it had to many miles and was salvaged...
Thanks man. I bet you can find a good condition EM1 in your area. it just takes time and patience

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I ordered some 8th gen "Si" badges off ebay for under $12, and they look sweet.

Before:

After:

And after just a few weeks, my Tein's came in!

They will be put on next Tuesday. Can't wait!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And a here are some more pics I took recently after first legit car wash. Hasn't been done in a while, as far as I am concerned. haha

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friend and I finally installed the Tein coilovers today.

Here were the old ones. Tokico Blues up front and stocks in the back, all with H&R lowering springs.

The rear coils were easy to put in, but the fronts were more of a problem. We couldn't seem to remove the struts from the well,

So we decided to rent a grinder and cut that s**t off. haha

Finally after a full day of learning as we go, we got the Tein's in and all sorted out.

Got the ride height up a little so I can fix the tires and the axle but after that it's going back down.

And a couple of days ago, I decided to just temporarily zip-tie my new front grille "Si" badge on.

Before:

After:

And that's it for now. Up next are Yokohama Avid ENVigor tires in 195/50/R15 and fix the axle.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Your dream car is a civic?

lol jk dude it looks great. Props to another em1 owner.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
did the front seats fit fine? or did you need to do some custom stuff? I have the same car and want to change my seats for more comfortable ones. Thanks!! Nice bay man!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your dream car is a civic?

lol jk dude it looks great. Props to another em1 owner.
:banana: Thanks man! EM1 FTW!!!

did the front seats fit fine? or did you need to do some custom stuff? I have the same car and want to change my seats for more comfortable ones. Thanks!! Nice bay man!
The DC5 seats, both front and rear do not fit snug. haha. My car has the stock DC5 rails on it, so it does not fit with the stock holes at all. I can take pictures if you want. I would suggest cutting your stock rails and try that.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So this past week I had many unexpected days off, so I thought I'd tackle my poopy valve cover.

Here it was before:

Look at that beautiful DOHC!

Ewww.....oil

After I got all the paint off using paint stripper and some elbow grease matched with a paint scraper

Unfortunately, because I was taking my time and taking the majority of the day getting rid of the pre-existing paint, I didn't have enough time to sand and repaint the cover. So this is how it sat on the car for the better part of a week. Actually not bad considering everything is silver in color.

But I got bored and quickly painted my header shield wrinkle black to match the upcoming valve cover. Looks good in my eyes.

And finally, after about a week, I was finally able to finish the valve cover. Sanded it and masked off the holes.

And the final product. It still has to dry for at least a couple days. I'm going to use the heat off the engine to do so. But once it's dry I am going to scrape the paint off the rest of the emblems and polish/sand them more so that they are silver.

And I also got new Nexxen all-season tires. Perfect size and they drive great. Can't wait to lower the car back down in a couple of days.

She's coming along!!!! :run:

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Intake manifolds are pretty similar, probably just better to PnP your b16 intake mani. ITR header would be nice if you just want jdm, but there are better headers out there for the same price or cheaper.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Intake manifolds are pretty similar, probably just better to PnP your b16 intake mani. ITR header would be nice if you just want jdm, but there are better headers out there for the same price or cheaper.
Yea true. I was hoping to do a B20V setup later on down the road when I save up for an EBP respray.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I finished my valve cover this morning. Sanded the remaining emblems on it and overall, it doesn't look good, but it makes me proud to say it wsa my first time doing anything like this but it came out all right.

Also, I grabbed some griptape from the store and did my pedals. I think this is a cool idea so I thought I'd do it. haha

Before:

After:

And in other news, I ordered a first gen Honda Fit Sport front lip for the car a couple of nights ago. I am going to match it with the Home Depot DIY under lip to protect the newest investment.

I leave you with my first ever rolling shot taken by a buddy of mine with his iPhone. I love it!