Dominick's Dream Car Build (yea, its gonna be a slow one)

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well nothing new to report, but I do have a few more pics, because we all know that's the only reason anyone reads build threads. haha

From a local meet

My friend's EM1, as well as mine. Female owned and bone stock.

Parts-wise, I need a new driver's side front axle. I have a vac leak in my intake that I am fixing really soon, that spawns my infamous CEL. I am also in the process of trying to find a parts car/winter beater because I'd rather not drive the Si come winter time. But we will see where that takes me.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Your em1 makes that stock one look like a truck lol.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a really good friend of mine do a quick photoshop of what the rims I want would look like on the car. These are 15's, but I think I will buy 16's when the time comes.

Big thanks to DeathLens for the awesome job

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are those Work CR Kais? My friend has some bronze ones on his EBP EM1.
I wish. haha. They are Enkei PF01's in silver. I have always liked Enkei, but I feel as though the legendary RPF1's are used too often. I love them, but I don't want mine to be another EM1 with them on.

dsprimal

Banned
your em1 makes me want to go lower. from eye balling your stance to mine I believe you're a quarter inch lower than me. do you get any fender liner rub? thats the only portion i see that could possibly rub when hitting uneven roads.

Your car looks clean and amazing btw bro. good work!!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your em1 makes me want to go lower. from eye balling your stance to mine I believe you're a quarter inch lower than me. do you get any fender liner rub? thats the only portion i see that could possibly rub when hitting uneven roads.

Your car looks clean and amazing btw bro. good work!!
I don't have any fender liners. haha. But no rubbing for me. Although, when there are good enough dips and bumps, I do hear the "thud" and the rub sound but thats if I'm not being careful.

And thanks man. It means alot for people to say that they like other people's forte. haha

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey you added me on facebook last night lol.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey you added me on facebook last night lol.
Hey, I did. haha.

I have to find a bunch of spare parts for my SI and I heard of a plentiful supply of junkyard EK's up in Allentown area. So I thought, while I was there, I would see if I could meet up with some more local CC members

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I did. haha.

I have to find a bunch of spare parts for my SI and I heard of a plentiful supply of junkyard EK's up in Allentown area. So I thought, while I was there, I would see if I could meet up with some more local CC members
I don't know about that. I was at Harry's a month or two ago aand there wasn't a single ek in there. You will find a s**t ton of eg's though.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know about that. I was at Harry's a month or two ago aand there wasn't a single ek in there. You will find a s*** ton of eg's though.

Dammit. Guess I gotta try the KOP area now. ugh

You'd think that the ever so popular 96-00 chassis that is on the road today, there would be a bunch at junkyards. jeez

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You'd think that the ever so popular 96-00 chassis that is on the road today, there would be a bunch at junkyards. jeez
I ran into the same problem looking for parts the other week for my hatch. Everything in the salvage yards are 95 or older. Still some parts, but not all the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dammit. Guess I gotta try the KOP area now. ugh

I think the Harry's in west hazleton had a few ek's but iI was there weeks ago. And if you're ever in the Allentown area, just hit me up if you want. There's car meets all over. Big woodys in Easton has one every Saturday night at 8, and there's a monthly one too but it was a couple weeks ago so it wont bbe for awhile. I could probably find you some ek parts cheap. Try joking the honda motor heads of Pennsylvania if you haven't already on Facebook. It's a good place to ask people around the state for parts. I got my taillights through there.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran into the same problem looking for parts the other week for my hatch. Everything in the salvage yards are 95 or older. Still some parts, but not all the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
That's not bad. I need a lot of parts so I'm thinking of just buying a spare EK chassis and go from there

I think the Harry's in west hazleton had a few ek's but iI was there weeks ago. And if you're ever in the Allentown area, just hit me up if you want. There's car meets all over. Big woodys in Easton has one every Saturday night at 8, and there's a monthly one too but it was a couple weeks ago so it wont bbe for awhile. I could probably find you some ek parts cheap. Try joking the honda motor heads of Pennsylvania if you haven't already on Facebook. It's a good place to ask people around the state for parts. I got my taillights through there.

Sounds good man. If you ever down in the Lansdale area, I host car meets on Thursday's and there is always a need for more Honda's/Acura's

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds good man. If you ever down in the Lansdale area, I host car meets on Thursday's and there is always a need for more Honda's/Acura's
it's too bad I work on Thursdays haha.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe not for a local meet, but I wanna go to Honda day its too bad ill be in Delaware on vacation.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Maybe not for a local meet, but I wanna go to Honda day its too bad ill be in Delaware on vacation.

Well ain't that some s**t?!?! haha

Well no big updates really. I have a replacement axle ready to be put in as well as OEM Honda trans fluid to put in when I get to change said axle.

But for now I have just done a few minor changes to hold me over until I can drive the way I want to.

My friend who had tinted my taillights, painted my shift knob insert black, but couldn't put clear coats on it because he didn't have any at the time. So after it was peeling off in my hands, I took it off and put my own custom touch to it. I sanded the "1-2-3-4-5-6-R" off and it is now completely smooth and solid. I then had my buddy repaint it black and put lots of clear on. haha

Before

After

And while some thought my "wrinkle black" valve cover looked good, I didn't. So I ordered a new valve cover gasket and repainted the valve cover a flat black color. While I was at it I also painted my intake piping and redid my header shield.

Valve cover before

Paint stripped. Turns out, Gatorade caps fit over top the spark plug holes! WHO KNEW!!!

Old intake piping

Final result

Hopefully, next update, the axle will be fixed and the next round of parts will be ordered.