ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't normally do this kind of thing but I figured I would post this up. I am on D-series every once in a while and the other day one of the members garage burnt down and he lost everything except for some clothes, a PS3, and some comic books. If you guys have a few extra bucks to spare over the holidays I know he would really appreciate anything that gets donated to him.

PayPal E-mail Address: anthonymperu@yahoo.com

Amperu Fundraising Thread

Last edited:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no insurance?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Never really said. Just trying to help him get by for the holidays. He didn't ask for this. A few members decided to set it up for him.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He said no insurance. Building was a good building but too old and no one wanted to cover it.

That REALLY REALLY sucks.... Especially around this time of year.... I wish I could help but I'm trying to save for myself in the event I lose my job. It's getting really slow now and I'm starting to worry.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never really said. Just trying to help him get by for the holidays. He didn't ask for this. A few members decided to set it up for him.
Gotcha, you need a login so I wasn't able to read the thread, not trying to be critical.

I sent him $10, let's get this ball rolling. If we could get a couple dozen people on here to throw down a small amount I'm sure it would be a big help.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Understandable. Didn't realize that you had to be a member to view it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For those of you who don't have D-series accts and can't see the guys post..

D-series.org said:
Well title pretty much says it all. At about 21:00 lat night a fire was reported at my building. I showed up a few minutes later and watched it burn until about 01:00. I lost everything. Two cars, $10k in hand tools, $7k in body kits, other car parts and power/air tools, and all my personal stuff I was storing in the building. All I have left is my clothes and PS3 which were at my apartment.

Im going to try to post a link to a vid someone took but idk if it'll work. If not its on my facebook.

LINK TO VIDEO

The first big explosion in the vid is three 55 gallon drums of kerosene exploding followed by smaller explosions of propane/gas/oxygen/acetylene tanks.
He also lost a few WWII and other guns as well. AND a hot-rod that him and his grandfather had been building for years. This is terrible :-/

Last edited:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just figure $10 isn't going to hurt my wallet and if it helps someone out who's having a shitty week it's well spent.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EDIT: From amperu himself, after reading the comments here.

amperu said:
I read the comments on importfans link and I just wanna clear this up. The garage was more than a hobby shop. Although I didnt consider it a job I made a majority of my money there as the job I hold as a stock boy at a local store only pays about $60 a week. Yes, I do still have a roof over my head but that roof belongs to my gf and with no way to contribute she'll surely kick me out. Now I'm no charity case, I didn't ask for what you guys are doing but I'm deeply grateful. I would've continued to refuse help but I knew resistance was futile because at least one of you has my PayPal info buried in an inbox message and I'm sure it would've gotten out anyways. I know there are people worse of than me right now. I stand outside Walmart and ring the salvation army bells and I serve at the soup kitchen and normally I buy at least $100 worth of stuff to give to toys for tots. And as soon as the day comes when I can repay this favor you better believe I'll be the first in line. Again, you guys are awesome and thank you for helping out.

Last edited by a moderator:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The thread has been cleaned.

As with all off-topic threads, if the OP wants the thread to stay on topic, it needs to stay that way - Let's keep it on topic this time. The intention of the thread was not to generate discussion about how lucky or unlucky this guy is, it was to promote awareness of somebody who underwent an unfortunate event and might need some help.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just figure $10 isn't going to hurt my wallet and if it helps someone out who's having a s***ty week it's well spent.
Thanks. That is what I was going for. Maybe just pack your lunch for a few days and donate the $5 or $10 you saved during the week.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats horrible what happened, he basically did lose everything. that is pretty much his job, which pays for his home. if i had the money, i would gladly help. hell id buy the guy a new garage if it was possible

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I understand, it's the holiday spirit, but stuff just isn't adding up.