EG-Owns You Build Thread

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
car looks dope man, how many different set up have you had under the hood?

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what happened to the B20? nice car by the way

the b20 the machine shop f**ked me over cuz there bitchs they never replaced the valve guides i gave them new ones to do it to those f**kers. i was makin power up to 8700 so my red line was 9300 give me some cushion for shifting you know. well 3k miles later it drops a valve cuz the f**king valve was not seating right when it went up and down it weakned the end of the valve and it snapped off destroying the head block pistons.

and well it all started with the D it had 350k on the motor and chaise lol 50 shot later boom! on 4 pass's lol its all good though cuz i had a b16 waiting. then put the b16 in blew the head gasket hard core kept driving on it for that summer so then i parted the block out cuz i knew the bearings were f**ked from all the antifreeze in it. so instead of rebuilding i made a b20 vtec i built it the first time my self honed it to the ring ridge out but the damn piston had a fault oil ring cp wouldnt replace them cuz a shop did not put them in. so i had my block taken to the shop he put new pistons in it bored it the works so i thought i was out of the clear. well my dumbass this was back when i just started getting into cars though o hey the flywheel bolts came off this motor why not put them back on. well they were automatic bolts and the bolts came loose destroyed the crank so the block went back to the machine shop for a light weight golden eagle crank. ok so after that i thought i was in the clear again then bam i took the car from a 60 roll to a second drop and you hurd a pop and the motor just felt like jelly when i shifted i though i broke a mount. well i shattered the bell hoseing for the tranny were the back mount meats the tranny big hole there. so after that i got a gsr tranny with quife lsd in it with a 4.9 final drive got a summers use out of the motor then bam!! the f**ker blew up at the beginning of this summer so i got a stock D16z6 boosted it to 13 lbs on my street tuned got it up to 120 then bam! melted over cylinder 2 witch i knew something was gonna happen i was just f**kin around i got the motor for a fuel pump =). so i take that d16z6 out and put a new one in boost it 8 daily 10 beating on it. lasted me the whole summer motor was runing like a champ sold it comp was good sold the turbo and now im rebuild mode for. A N/A monster mwahahha great for track driving and drag strip.

sorry for long read

95SiDanO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the b20 the machine shop f**ked me over cuz there bitchs they never replaced the valve guides i gave them new ones to do it to those f**kers. i was makin power up to 8700 so my red line was 9300 give me some cushion for shifting you know. well 3k miles later it drops a valve cuz the f**king valve was not seating right when it went up and down it weakned the end of the valve and it snapped off destroying the head block pistons.

and well it all started with the D it had 350k on the motor and chaise lol 50 shot later boom! on 4 pass's lol its all good though cuz i had a b16 waiting. then put the b16 in blew the head gasket hard core kept driving on it for that summer so then i parted the block out cuz i knew the bearings were f**ked from all the antifreeze in it. so instead of rebuilding i made a b20 vtec i built it the first time my self honed it to the ring ridge out but the damn piston had a fault oil ring cp wouldnt replace them cuz a shop did not put them in. so i had my block taken to the shop he put new pistons in it bored it the works so i thought i was out of the clear. well my dumbass this was back when i just started getting into cars though o hey the flywheel bolts came off this motor why not put them back on. well they were automatic bolts and the bolts came loose destroyed the crank so the block went back to the machine shop for a light weight golden eagle crank. ok so after that i thought i was in the clear again then bam i took the car from a 60 roll to a second drop and you hurd a pop and the motor just felt like jelly when i shifted i though i broke a mount. well i shattered the bell hoseing for the tranny were the back mount meats the tranny big hole there. so after that i got a gsr tranny with quife lsd in it with a 4.9 final drive got a summers use out of the motor then bam!! the f**ker blew up at the beginning of this summer so i got a stock D16z6 boosted it to 13 lbs on my street tuned got it up to 120 then bam! melted over cylinder 2 witch i knew something was gonna happen i was just f**kin around i got the motor for a fuel pump =). so i take that d16z6 out and put a new one in boost it 8 daily 10 beating on it. lasted me the whole summer motor was runing like a champ sold it comp was good sold the turbo and now im rebuild mode for. A N/A monster mwahahha great for track driving and drag strip.

sorry for long read

:shock:

I was considering a B20 Vtec swap for my hatch, overall were you happy with it?

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:shock:

I was considering a B20 Vtec swap for my hatch, overall were you happy with it?

torque was amazing there not really any good stock a built one watch out i was gonna go all drag build and stoke it this time around and get a block extension. but i love course racing now to so im doing a mild build to hit round low 12s off the juice

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
update on build

took out front sound damp about to sand it all out and put some primer down and mallono red paint down with the password jdm metal floor mats.

Note: the black foam on the fire wall has been removed also

i will next pull out the roof damp s**t to this cars getting a major weight reduction

the engine bay i have started relocating the fuse box and bat i have also got rid of the gas tank breather line and it is now under the car along with the fuel main it will have an inline fuel filter under the body coming out to a steal breaded line

The Unknown Beast whats to come??? IDK =)

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this is after 2 and half hours of sanding down all the gunk and rust the driver side is much worse ahhh more hours to come lol

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nice, i like how theres updated pics on page five but there isn't even 5 pages to this thread? anyways nice progress man

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ya thee is it says page 5 of 5 lol

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You really know you're stuff bro. I might have to come to you for motor help.Maybe, but then again stuff keeps blowin up with you lol

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey thanks man

lol trust me im passed all that now i was trying to take a cheap way out at first but its never good to go cheap. cuz youll be payin for it later like me. no i would say i know a decent amount of info on building motors lol u need help let me know ill put in my 2 cents. i cant wait to just be down with getting that sound damnpaning s**t off and painted.

the car will have heat only because its still gonna be able to drive semi daily like theres a couple big road course events that happen closer to when it gets kind of cold

You really know you're stuff bro. I might have to come to you for motor help.Maybe, but then again stuff keeps blowin up with you lol

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
update spent bout 4 hours grinding down the rust with a grinder sanded it smooth and sprayed a coat of primer on it

RAWR

this is how the floor looked

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im really loving it!!

thanks man im just trying to make it look the best i can with the money i got im only 19 in college so im allways broke but this was a very easy and not alot of money so i hope it turns out good i shaved alot of weight off of just doing that

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Love road course racing! Who is Gingerman in the video on your sig?

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Love road course racing! Who is Gingerman in the video on your sig?

that was me driving in the vid with my turbo D i wasnt beating on it to badly cuz i needed it to drive back home but i got on it a couple of times

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b20/b16 V-tec woot
11.5 84.5 mm comp cp pistons
egale rods
egale crank
2 layer headgasket
omni power valve terain