EJ8 Turbo Build

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So yea, I'm in college right now and a while ago started working on the weekends and slowly but surely have been collecting parts from people on here, Honda-Tech and even some from ebay. Well I figured it was coming about time to get myself a build thread started so I could get some feedback, help, or maybe someone can just watch my build as it goes along. Now this is my list of parts still needed:

STUFF LEFT TO BUY
=================================================================================
- OBD conversion harness
- slim radiator fan

=============================================
And this is the list of stuff that I already have:
- intercooler - OBX from ebay - GOT IT
- manifold - log style PFabrication - GOT IT
- OBX muffler - GOT IT
- HKS BOV - GOT IT
- precision 450cc injectors, with clips - GOT IT
- ARP head studs - GOT IT
- pedals - GOT IT
- leather shift boot - GOT IT
- si shifter knob - GOT IT
- oil feed line - GOT IT
- oil return line - GOT IT
- BLOX boost controller - GOT IT
- oil pressure gauge - GOT IT
- boost/vacuum gauge - GOT IT
- dual 52mm gauge cluster - GOT IT
- vibrant ultra quiet resinator - GOT IT
- 5 speed starter - GOT IT
- Exedy - Clutch - GOT IT
- Pressure Plate - GOT IT
- throwout bearing - GOT IT
- pilot bearing - GOT IT
- turbonetics 38mm WG - GOT IT
- turbonetics t3t4, .48ar, 50trim - GOT IT
- Flywheel/clutch bolts - GOT IT
- omni power 3bar map sensor - GOT IT
- piping from intake to intercooler - GOT IT
- ecu - p28 s300 hondata 490$ plus 40$ install from EAS
- get tuned at EAS ~300$ -> no more 375$
- Eli's tranny, intake mani, TB, flywheel, shift linkage, clutch lines - pay Eli 350$ for all of it
- intercooler piping - GOT IT
- dumptube - GOT IT
- downpipe - GOT IT
- obx short shifter - GOT IT
- catback exhaust - shipping

Piping will all be done for my most part by myself with some welding. Ebay catback, will chop off the muffler and put on my own. Piping will be some of the friends old piping from his crx. And some ebay piping as well.

I will be posting some pictures of parts, the car, and then once I'm out of school and get everything torn apart and stuff going I will post pictures of that stuff too.

THIS IS MY WTB THREAD:
=============================

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=185023

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SOME PICTURES OF PARTS:

OBX muffler, 2.5" in/out

PFabrications Log manifold, 38mm WG.

Precision 450cc injectors

Legit HKS SSQV BOV

Exedy d16 Clutch, Pressure Plate, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing

Si shift boot, shift knob, and clutch pedal.

ARP Studs

Closeup of ARP Studs

OBX intercooler

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with your build bro...

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Thanks.

Any advice or comments are welcome.

I will be posting pics of my car and more parts in 2 weeks when I'm back home.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that intercooler looks pretty nice for obx brand.

what did u pay for it if u dont mind me asking..

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that intercooler looks pretty nice for obx brand.

what did u pay for it if u dont mind me asking..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-BAR-AND-PLATE-INTERCOOLER-DEL-SOL-D16Z6-B16A3-380HP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c50f79065QQitemZ190336962661QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

85$ + 25$ shipping

I've come to really like OBX stuff, pretty cheap but yet I haven't heard too much bad about their stuff. Great value products. My muffler is OBX as well, it's hella clean and just today I got my Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resinator, I'll be posting pics of that soon.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just last night ordered a Turbonetics 38mm Wastegate from a guy on Honda-Tech Marketplace.

These things are shipping in yet:

- Shift Linkage - shipping
- 5 speed starter and resurfaced flywheel - shipping
- Exedy - Clutch - shipping
- Pressure Plate - shipping
- throwout bearing - shipping
- pilot bearing - shipping
- turbonetics 38mm WG - shipping

I know it's a bad pic, but this is my car:

Right now it's stock engine with CAI.
Skunk2 camber kits on from and rear.
Function Form t1 coilovers
15" Rota Grid wheels
mugen style lip

edit : btw it's a 2000 Civic EX

edit #2 : I have quiet a bit of parts at my house yet but I'm not going home until school is out. So I'll have pics of many more parts on the 8th or so. That's when I'll be back at my house and then hopefully then I will be pulling stuff out and actually start putting this beast together.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yep. Gotta do a tranny swap...really wish I didn't have to though. But I have already fallen in love with the car and I now must do it. lol.

Thanks man, I got em for only 350$ with the wheels from this one guy!! woot!
Thinking of painting them bronze or gold after the boost and tranny swap, or during. We'll see.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whoa, I had to find this thread on my own! How come you didn't tell me about it? Good to know you're getting parts though... you're already ahead of me.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the comments everyone. I have finals week this coming week and will be back in my hometown on the 8th. And THEN I will post many pictures of parts that I should have at my house then and also should start actually getting the project rolling soon after that. Sorry for the delay buut... school. ugh. On the 8th many pics shall be up!

STAY POSTED AND SUBSCRIBE!
:D

EDIT : Just made an offer to a guy on Honda-Tech. And might be getting his slightly used Turbonetics t3t4, 50 trim, .48ar

EDIT #2 (5-2-10): Just about to get a y8 tranny and GSR Throttle Body from a guy on Honda-Tech. My mom just told me over the phone that I have some parts waiting for me at home as well! :D !!! but she didn't know what they were, lol. Will post pics as soon as I get home Thurs night!!!

EDIT #3 ( 5-5-10 ) : Will be home tomorrow night. Pics of whatever parts are awaiting my arrival shall be up then

EDIT #4 ( 5-5-10 ) : I just bought that turbo from the guy on HT.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so here it is!
Got home last night and was tired as hell and yea. But this is what I have to add to the parts stuff. Money is a little tight right now but I have a few tranny things left, the place that's doing my tuning only does hondata, so I'm gonna do that and they'll install it and sell it to me. So all I have left is map sensor and some tranny things and everything is ready to go!

5 Speed Starter

Clutch Pedal

Gas and Brake Pedals

Oil Return Lines and Fittings

Turbonetics 38mm Waste Gate

Clutch, Pressure Plate, Throwout Bearing, Pilot Bearing

Dual Gauge Bezel

Boost/Vacuum Gauge

Oil Pressure Gauge

New Spark Plugs

BLOX Boost Controller

civic0918

Registered VIP
nice whip

someones happy...... lol
Nice car nice parts and nice everything looks great. And man if your gonna hit that pipe you need atleast a $3,000 rock lol j/k But i had to comment on that pic its funny.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ haha thanks bro. I'm too much of health nut to do that. lol. I only hit the green, I don't even drink or smoke tobacco. :D

Anyways thanks for the props.

Edit : BTW this is my first car and thus first build. I have learned a lot and I know I will learn much more along the way. :D I'm stoked!

Edit #2 : Please comment your thoughts.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, today I was touching up the paint job on my rims, because they have some bad crap on the chrome lips and also the blue that is below the black on it now is starting to show. But when I was taking off the back wheels I started to strip one of the lugs , now I'm already missing a lug, and also ym key is starting to strip and my old lugs are getting a little rusty. So I'm thinking of getting some new ones, thinking of these :

Thoughts? I think they look hella sexy! Thinking I'll order them soon. They're not shown in the pic but they have them in gold. I'm thinking paint my wheels all flat black so I don't have to worry about cleaning the lips then the clean gold lugs on it. :D

I'll post pics of the stripped nuts and my wheels tomorrow.