EJ8 Turbo Build

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Function and Form type 1 for the win!
Oh hell man! I know! Love them. They ride real nice. Also forgot to mention I'm dropping it just a tad more too. I love slammed cars!

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn bro, I cant wait to see the work your gonna do on this car. Me likes! ;)

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn bro, I cant wait to see the work your gonna do on this car. Me likes! ;)
Thanks man! Keeps me motivated that there is such a big and nice community of people that like clean cars.

Edit : Updated OP, because I now have more parts.

Edit #2 : 1. What's the big difference between a double bend shifter and a single. Also would there really be a big difference between a nice double bend skunk2 200$ shifter or a cheaper 20$ shifter? and if so, is it worth the 180$ extra. I'd really like to save some money where I can because I'd like the get this done soon.

Edit #3 : Posting of pics of wheels and redone wheels soon! Don't work at all this week, looking for a new job too. Also will show pic of stripped lug, hence why I'm getting new ones...

Edit #4 ( Mon 5-10 ) : It's raining today... :( I'll try and do the pics of wheels tomorrow.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just got done replacing my trunk latch because my last one was crap and I have been holding my trunk down with a cable for the last like 4 weeks. But yea, here the pic of my front wheel and back wheels to show the difference in the touchup work. As I was doing the touchup work I stripped one of the lugs and couldn't get it off, these lugs are rusting anyways, I am missing one and that is when I came to the conclusion to get new ones! so I ordered the Titek Long lug nuts that I posted earlier. I got the gold ones, they are 2.3" long! I hope they come in soon and I'll post pics of when they are here and when they are on.

this is the front wheel:

as you can see it's a little dirty cause it rained the day before but it surely looks better than the back. Also I got rid of the inner chrome lip and just kept the outter one.

This is the back:

you can see the blue from the color it was before and also it just doesn't look as nice. And it's not flat black. and the lugs look like s**t, can't wait for the new ones.

stripped and super rusty lug:

This is just some pics of my car. I don't like them mugen style lip either. too big. I think sometime soon I'm gonna switch to a si lip or CTR.

So apart from boost stuff the plan before that is more subtle lip, touchup paint job on wheels clean chrome lips, and those new lugs, and most likely drop it a bit more.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as the shifter question goes, just pick up an OEM dual bend shifter from the Integra GSR. You can buy them new for about $50 or used for maybe even less. OEM & dual bend.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot you have a d-series. Scratch that whole post, the GSR shifter won't fit with d-series linkage.

Just get a B&M or something.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Thanks for the info. I'll be looking into getting a shifter soon

edit : 600 views! hellz ya!

QUESTION : Can I paint my intercooler without losing performance of it?

QUESTION : I wanna drop it a bit. But if I drop it would I have to get an alignment again? Because I want to save money and if that's the case I'd rather not drop it more then. Also I didn't have to get an alignment when I first dropped it but only really needed one after camber kits. Seems that alignments are really only absolutley needed when cambers are changed.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
QUESTION : Can I paint my intercooler without losing performance of it?

QUESTION : I wanna drop it a bit. But if I drop it would I have to get an alignment again? Because I want to save money and if that's the case I'd rather not drop it more then. Also I didn't have to get an alignment when I first dropped it but only really needed one after camber kits. Seems that alignments are really only absolutley needed when cambers are changed.
Not sure if it affects the performance, but I know someone on here who powdercoated his.

Your camber will be changed every time you change ride height. You should be fine waiting a little while to get more funds though.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not sure if it affects the performance, but I know someone on here who powdercoated his.

Your camber will be changed every time you change ride height. You should be fine waiting a little while to get more funds though.
Ok, well I'll probably just wait on both of those things then. Thinking of just focusing on getting stuff done and then doing some of that minor touch-up stuff this winter when I'm not driving her. Thanks.

BTW : Made a deal with a guy on Honda Tech and gonna buy his omni power 3 bar map sensor on Monday when I'll have deposited my tips.

ALSO : updated OP as to what I now have bought and what is shipping, etc.

EDIT ( 5-12-10 ) : I have few things shipping in that will hopefully be here soon and I'll post pics as soon as I get them: turbo, lug nuts, and that map sensor once I pay for it...meh.
Comments are encouraged and stay posted. :D

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look what I just got in the mail!

slightly used :
Turbonetics t3t4 50trim .48ar

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lookin good bro. U got some quality parts. What r u planning to tune it with?

my local tuning shop is doing my tuning, turbo piping, and they are an authorized hondata dealer and I'm buying a s300 hondata on a p28 from them.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good to see another South Dakotan. Suppose your in Sioux Falls? Dope build btw. If you ever seen a clean, prowler orange hatch cruisin, thats me.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good to see another South Dakotan. Suppose your in Sioux Falls? Dope build btw. If you ever seen a clean, prowler orange hatch cruisin, thats me.
Right on man! Yea I just dove into the scene last summer and I've been moving pretty quickly. I know quiet a few people now in the Sioux Falls honda crew. You should hit me up if you're in Sioux Falls when I'm working on my project you could come check it out or help me with it. :D

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Might be in SF next week. If i make it i will let you know in advance so we can chill(:biz:). pm me your # just in case. Dustin here btw.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Might be in SF next week. If i make it i will let you know in advance so we can chill(:biz:). pm me your # just in case. Dustin here btw.
Sweet mang! my name is Keith I live on the west side.

num is 605-323-8337

already at 700 views! this is going well! :D

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Was on my room fixing a leak and noticed a good photo oportunity, it's my phone so it kinda sucks. But, it's still decent. Hopefully lugs will be here tomorrow or else I have to wait til next week....ugh.

Any thoughts on this :
This also looked like a good deal, any thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00...fAccesso ries

PIC :

Edit : 800 view! nice! :D

Edit #2 : QUESTION : I'm sort of confused, do I need a 5spd intake manifold and a 5spd throttle body for the auto -> manual conversion?

Edit #3 : Just sent an email to the customer service place where I bought my lugs, "statracing.com" , still waiting on them...very anxious. :/

Edit #4 : They just emailed me back saying that the long gold lugs have been discontinued. I told them I'd go with the black ones... :( Prolly will end up painting them gold later. ha.

Edit #5 : 900 views! hellz yea!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BUMP.

Not much I can post til I get my lug nuts or the map sensor that a guy on Honda Tech sold me.

Any comments? concerns? Advice? It would be much appreciated. I will start the building once all my parts are here. Again, OP is updated as I buy parts and parts come in, etc. Also I'll post a pic of the lugs when they're on and I'm thinking of painting them gold or bronze cause that's what I originally wanted anyways.
Thanks.