Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant wait that long...

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey man.. If you ave any question about auto manual swap. I did it in my car. Let me know. I'll help you out with the pros and cons..

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey man.. If you ave any question about auto manual swap. I did it in my car. Let me know. I'll help you out with the pros and cons..
Okay thanks man. What do you mean pros and cons though? Look at my OP and my parts list that's what I need and have left. Question: do I need a TB and Intake Mani?

cant wait that long...
That's what she said.

1000 Views! Thanks guys! Feedback/Advice/CC from this is really keeping me motivated. :D

Here's some pics, just washed her.

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you need anew intake manifold from a manual car... and convert th iacv plug from 3 wire to 2 wire.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Someone has good taste in flags. I'm pretty sure thats a USMC flag I see in the pic.

Anyway, what is the difference in Si knobs to non Si knobs? Are Si knobs weighted?

I'm getting an apexi WS2. I have heard of resinators but I don't think I will need one. I don't even know if A'pexi makes them. I was very close to buying a flat black vibrant muffler, I hope you plan on running a 80mm muffler once you go turbo. BTW, I really like your sigs.
:word:

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Someone has good taste in flags. I'm pretty sure thats a USMC flag I see in the pic.

Anyway, what is the difference in Si knobs to non Si knobs? Are Si knobs weighted?

I'm getting an apexi WS2. I have heard of resinators but I don't think I will need one. I don't even know if A'pexi makes them. I was very close to buying a flat black vibrant muffler, I hope you plan on running a 80mm muffler once you go turbo. BTW, I really like your sigs.
:word:
Yea, my brother is a Marine. I have recently learned that I really won't need a resinator. :( after I bought one. Whatever since it doesn't really effect performance ( correct me if I'm wrong ) but I'll just put it on anyways, run real quiet. And my muffler is on my first page I think it's OBX 2.5" in and out. Thanks for the sig compliment, I used to make 'em all the time when I was younger. Prolly will make one wit my car sometime too. :D

1100 Views! Thanks! :D

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man! Me too and I get that alot. Not a very popular color.
Anybody think gold or bronze wheels would look good with that color?
Gold looks the best with green IMO. Bronze takes a quick second. :thumbs up

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gold looks the best with green IMO. Bronze takes a quick second. :thumbs up
Okay, sweet. Well I'll post pics as soon as I get 'em. And I'm thinking gold or bronze. Hmm...I dunno if I'm "gangsta" enough to rock golds. lol. Maybe a very subtle Gold. ha.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay, sweet. Well I'll post pics as soon as I get 'em. And I'm thinking gold or bronze. Hmm...I dunno if I'm "gangsta" enough to rock golds. lol. Maybe a very subtle Gold. ha.
Here are some pics I found on the web to help you decide. I think the last one looks so sick. I in NO way claim for these to be mine:

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I really like numbers 1, 4 and 6. But the just not sure how the gold or bronze will look on 6 spoke rims. Might just rock black rims with gold or bronze lugs and then later get rims like those. Who knows, maybe that color would look okay with 6 spoke. I'll try this stuff out after boost stuff.

And sorry to not talk alot about the boost stuff but I haven't found anything around for the tranny stuff I still need yet.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the one with the work wheels looks super good!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK! Update.

Neither lugs or map sensor came in this week. :(

BUT, I was talking a guy in town that's a good friend of mine is swapping out his ej8 with a d16y8 and is starting his swap project on June 26th. So I found everything for the tranny stuff that I need yet. Only thing is, now I have to wait til' June 26th. :( Well better late than never, and I'll save ALOT of money on shipping and all that stuff as well. So yea, it'll be a bit before I get anything done but until then I'll just be saving my money for the tune, and piping so that when June 26th does come I can get the s**t in and have the money to tune it and pipe it right away.

QUESTION : Do I need an OBD conversion? I'm pretty sure I do.... :???:

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I just got a call from the Auto Sports place where I was thinking of getting my ecu, tune, and piping done. Now I'm really concerned if I will be able to afford this all and have money for school this fall. I might have to postpone all of this and I really don't want to... :(

These are what I have left and estimated prices:
ecu with hondata : 540$
tune : no more than 375$, nothing specified
the rest of the trans stuff : 350$
intercooler piping : 450$
downpipe : 250$
dumptube : 85$
header back with my muffler : 550$

That means I have about.. .
2550$ left? s**t. And I need at least 3000$ for school in the fall.

But I guess the good news is I got my omni 3bar map sensor in today, and the lugs should be in shortly.

I'll post a pic of the map sensor here later:

QUESTION : I'm going to need an OBD conversion, right?

QUESTION : Does anyone have any suggestion to maybe save some money and boost sooner, maybe buy a downpipe and or dumptube and such online?

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I just got a call from the Auto Sports place where I was thinking of getting my ecu, tune, and piping done. Now I'm really concerned if I will be able to afford this all and have money for school this fall. I might have to postpone all of this and I really don't want to... :(

These are what I have left and estimated prices:
ecu with hondata : 540$
tune : no more than 375$, nothing specified
the rest of the trans stuff : 350$
intercooler piping : 450$
downpipe : 250$
dumptube : 85$
header back with my muffler : 550$

That means I have about.. .
2550$ left? s**t. And I need at least 3000$ for school in the fall.

But I guess the good news is I got my omni 3bar map sensor in today, and the lugs should be in shortly.

I'll post a pic of the map sensor here later:

QUESTION : I'm going to need an OBD conversion, right?

QUESTION : Does anyone have any suggestion to maybe save some money and boost sooner, maybe buy a downpipe and or dumptube and such online?
Yes, you will need an OBD1 conversion.

Plus, you don't really need all that fabricated. You can buy the manifold and piping, and intercooler and piping all online for much cheaper than that shop is going to charge you.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm hoping to get most of the piping myself and much cheaper. Also, I have a manifold. I've been looking at some OBX downpipes right now...

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm hoping to get most of the piping myself and much cheaper. Also, I have a manifold. I've been looking at some OBX downpipes right now...
Yeah, you'd be fine going eBay for all piping and even the intercooler. It's much cheaper that way, and the eBay version of those parts is fine. If it doesn't fit quite right, the shop might have to do some cutting, but that should cost you less than getting everything from them.

You're not going to try and install everything yourself?

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm installing everything myself. My plan was to do the trans swap and everything with that and then put on all the turbo stuff and then tow my car to the shop have them put on the piping and then have then do the ecu and tune it.