EJB8'S CGP coop build.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello guys many of you know me as 99 civic ex, but I changed the name. Well this my coupe I got it on 3/26/12 and I've been in loved with it ever since. This Civic has had 2 owners before me I got it with 205k on it, but thats because 1st owners were retired senior citizens who towed it around on their RV thats why the mileage is so high. The 2nd was some guy who changed the stereo and only had it for a short time before his wife made him sell it. Anyways, I have big plans for this civic, but bare with me this build will take time as I am in college and I'm somewhat poor.

Mod List:
No name header
Mini rims (13 pounds each but I don't really consider it a mod, but its different than stock.)

Plans:
H&R drop springs (Will be installed with in the next 2 weeks, but I'll eventually upgrade to coilovers.)
Vibrant Muffler
Charge Speed replica lip
Prelude/S2k seats
Rear lip
Paint match the lips
Boost eventually
Tint
More will come as I think about it.

This is the first day I brought it home.
3/26/12

I decided to get 17 inch Tenzo R's which were pretty heavy. Fronts were 205/40/17 and Rears were 205/45/17.
I had them on from May until September.

Then I traded the Tensor R's for these Plastidipped Mini wheels,matching spare w/ new tire, 120$, and locking lug nuts aside from the ones for the mini wheels.
Sept. '12

I took the plastidip off since they looked like steelies.

And that's how it sits now.

More updates to come, but lately I've been doing mostly maintenance replaced o2/spark plugs/wires/ and fuel filter.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In for updates and i like the name change :thumbs up

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, and me too those wheels were heavy around 25lbs.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Well I lowered it on Wednesday night. H&R drop springs meant for a dc, but not bad for 60$ they were dirty but in good condition.

Washed it today, and picked up an 06 Civic Si muffler for 45$. It might go on tomorrow as well as an alignment since I haven't done it since lowering it. =)

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
On second thought I didn't put on the muffler just yet, and the alignment hasn't been done. But it will happen on Monday. I'm gonna paint the muffler black, but before that I'm gonna give it a rust killing primer first then hit it with some kinda glossy high heat black paint, and them it will be installed.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Applied the rust killing treatment spray from permatex and now I have to wait 24 hours to topcoat it. No biggie, I'll be painting my faded ass stock grill at the moment.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just finished painting my 06 civic Si muffler.

Anyone know of good camber kits I can invest on?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say no tint!! I love this color.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got plans for it, wheels would be gold 16x7 Rota Circuit 10s with 205/50/16 tires, and a front lip I was thinking chargespeed but it would get torn off here in San Antonio the first day of me having it. Maybe a mugen lip, then tint, it needs it I hate having the fish bowl look everyone can see me. Then Egay knockoff type r headlights. I wanted a detachable setup, but I'm worried about safety. Motor swap will come in the future.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got plans for it, wheels would be gold 16x7 Rota Circuit 10s with 205/50/16 tires, and a front lip I was thinking chargespeed but it would get torn off here in San Antonio the first day of me having it. Maybe a mugen lip, then tint, it needs it I hate having the fish bowl look everyone can see me. Then Egay knockoff type r headlights. I wanted a detachable setup, but I'm worried about safety. Motor swap will come in the future.
Chargespeed looks funny on coupes unless you have it done right. (i.e. CHILDs). You almost need skirts and a rear lip for it to flow together. And don't get knock-off headlights, they'll just leak and you'll be wasting your money. Just paint the housings of your OEM ones. That's what I did.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Chargespeed looks funny on coupes unless you have it done right. (i.e. CHILDs). You almost need skirts and a rear lip for it to flow together. And don't get knock-off headlights, they'll just leak and you'll be wasting your money. Just paint the housings of your OEM ones. That's what I did.
Did you paint them flat black or that glossy black?

I hate tint.
Its gonna be done right, none of that Mexican purple tint that peels and bubbles in a couple of days.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you paint them flat black or that glossy black?

Its gonna be done right, none of that Mexican purple tint that peels and bubbles in a couple of days.
I did a gunmetal. Like the CTRs. People (who don't know better) think they're CTRs all the time.

And tint, especially on that color, just makes a car look too... busy almost.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did a gunmetal. Like the CTRs. People (who don't know better) think they're CTRs all the time.

And tint, especially on that color, just makes a car look too... busy almost.
I want to see if I can find a glossy black, because the flat black just looks bad.

And on the tint it wont be too dark it'll be light.