endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
those OZs look good. I see ads for them all the time, but hadn't seen any installed on our Civics. Off the car, I'd say they look a little too "spokey" for my tastes, but on the car they look great. Good choice!

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Ooh, Pretty!

Liking the setup, New wheels look great too :thumbup:
those OZs look good. I see ads for them all the time, but hadn't seen any installed on our Civics. Off the car, I'd say they look a little too "spokey" for my tastes, but on the car they look great. Good choice!
Thanks guys. Clutch Setup is great, smooth engagement and acceleration. Only 180 miles still need another 200-300 left to properly break it in but satisfied with the results.

On to future plans, looking to upgrade my wheels for autocross/track to 15x8. Torn between Enkei Compe, 949 6ul, and Buddy Club P1.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
6ul's. They're the lightest.
That is true, my issue is the stock on these wheels. Look every where and they are out of stock, not great when you need a replacement. Buddy Club is about the same price. Enkei Compe are the least expensive

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a lot happened during my absence lol.....I like the progress man keep it up. im also going to see if I can pick up a 97 lx forest green going to see if I can go for the same look I did on my hatch but we'll ...................keep up the good work....also just paint the car if it gets scratched f**k it.......just complete the awesomeness of your build with the paint

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
a lot happened during my absence lol.....I like the progress man keep it up. im also going to see if I can pick up a 97 lx forest green going to see if I can go for the same look I did on my hatch but we'll ...................keep up the good work....also just paint the car if it gets scratched f*** it.......just complete the awesomeness of your build with the paint
Thanks man, I decided on my wheels. Buddy Club P1 15x8 +32 Gunmetal and my car is going to be Satin Red. Good luck with your project.

PS.

Do you know Petco Matt?

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Installed a cheap Oil Catch Can I bought on CL. No more oil getting sucked in at high RPM while racing at Autocross.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Bought a few parts, some for maintenance. Pillow mounts for my new coilovers, and gaskets because I'm replacing crappy Omni Power 70mm Throttle Body that sticks closed with a JDM H22 62mm.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like the catch can. Also like that you heat wrapped that intake tube. I had a cheap aftermarket CAI on my 92 for a couple of years. I wrapped mine as well. figured what's the use of putting a CAI on, only to get heat soak from the metal intake tubing? After nearly hydro locking my engine after a particularly heavy rain, I eventually went back to a stock intake tube and airbox (with K&n drop-in, and deleted resonator tube)

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
like the catch can. Also like that you heat wrapped that intake tube. I had a cheap aftermarket CAI on my 92 for a couple of years. I wrapped mine as well. figured what's the use of putting a CAI on, only to get heat soak from the metal intake tubing? After nearly hydro locking my engine after a particularly heavy rain, I eventually went back to a stock intake tube and airbox (with K&n drop-in, and deleted resonator tube)
Thanks dude, it was free basically from AutoZone for the heat reflective tape from points. I'm very cautious when it to large puddles of water. Hope to build a nice block-off plate to get better results.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Cleaned up the JDM H22 62mm throttle body, bought hex bolts and washers for the MAF and TPS sensor. Hope to install everything tomorrow with a new ITR throttle cable.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
So changed everything and car runs better, port match was dead on and cold start issue is fixed. I'm done with hasport and innovative mounts, going back to stock and using inserts.

This year's goal, go back to what I know works and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Calibrated my TPS today, no more 18mpg lol that was terrible. Parked hit and room on Monday, so bought a OEM bumper from the junkyard still need to find a front bumper.

OEM wheel bearings but straight from NTN. Payed half the price of what Honda was charging.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Awesome!!! $40 on Ebay. Can't wait to rebuild my broken GSR transmission for a spare.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Some more stuff. GodSpeed camber kit, it has a 3 year warranty, figured that's enough time to test and/or flip. Another Valve adjustment tool, don't lend out tools! Finally some new sneaks for Autocross cone fetching.

Next Weekend weather should be above 40° finally and not snowing so the mods will start.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good buys. I need me one of those valve adjustment tools. sucks juggling wrench, screwdriver, and feeler gauge all at once