endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Plans are on hold on getting new wheels. I'm going to wait because I'm undecided between wheels or a Quaife LSD.

Installed new Prothane inserts with OEM mounts. Have to say they feel really nice right. Can't wait to install the rest of the suspension parts and get a proper alignment.

Ordered a few OEM parts last night, 2xCam Bolt Washer, Back Timing Cover, and 3xHalf Shaft Bolts

Last edited:

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yo Endo you have any coilovers???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Careful with those rear camber arms. Using a cheap spherical bushing is really iffy.. Even good spherical bushings wear out fast and have to be lubricated, maintained and replaced often.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Yo Endo you have any coilovers???

Naw I don't have any extra coils.

Careful with those rear camber arms. Using a cheap spherical bushing is really iffy.. Even good spherical bushings wear out fast and have to be lubricated, maintained and replaced often.
Rear camber arms are rubber bushings. Not installing them yet, no need for them until I get my 15x8 wheels. Also working on getting in some track events but those suckers are an investments.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man, I decided on my wheels. Buddy Club P1 15x8 +32 Gunmetal and my car is going to be Satin Red. Good luck with your project.

PS.

Do you know Petco Matt?
No I don't want to trade wheels my slips for the oz I'm stripping them down then repainting got a little curb age but nothing too serious I can add money???

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
No I don't want to trade wheels my slips for the oz I'm stripping them down then repainting got a little curb age but nothing too serious I can add money???

Naw, I like them. They are keepers along with my 5zigen FN01R-C =)

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Naw I don't have any extra coils.

Rear camber arms are rubber bushings. Not installing them yet, no need for them until I get my 15x8 wheels. Also working on getting in some track events but those suckers are an investments.
$40 upper control arms is not an investment. It's a big waste of money. Those bushing will likely be destroyed after a track weekend. Should have gone with SPC or Ingalls or some other highly reputable brand. Cheap bushings do not last AT ALL under extreme conditions, I have personal experience *cough Blox cough*. Good luck if you decide to use them but I'd suggest not skimping out on parts if this car is going to see track time. With certain things it becomes a safety issue and I'd consider this one of those things.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
$40 upper control arms is not an investment. It's a big waste of money. Those bushing will likely be destroyed after a track weekend. Should have gone with SPC or Ingalls or some other highly reputable brand. Cheap bushings do not last AT ALL under extreme conditions, I have personal experience *cough Blox cough*. Good luck if you decide to use them but I'd suggest not skimping out on parts if this car is going to see track time. With certain things it becomes a safety issue and I'd consider this one of those things.
Investment is a track day the camber kit I was talking about. Track days are expensive . Cheap uppers have 3 year warranty enough time to test and flip, going to test them on daily driving conditions and monitor the durability before I track or autox them. Wheels won't be coming for a while, financial things have come up. Need to be ready for the worse.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Problem.

Solution.

Installed.

Tire water sprayer for those hot days at Autocross

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trade you my gold wheels for the head lol

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Seen my Subs and Amp were stolen last week Thursday. I decided to upgrade my rears to these 5 way Kenwoods, I have Kenwood fronts already. Also bought a used P72 oil pan to get it baffled.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn how many sets of Wheels you got lol and are you selling any

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Damn how many sets of Wheels you got lol and are you selling any

I got what you see, the OZ's and some BBS RA's, not selling any right now.

Always wanted one of these DC covers, picked up for $10