Funny stories from working on a car

civicspencer

Registered VIP
I personally don't hear it too often. My old high school gym teacher called everyone "honey" and he was an older guy. He'd put his hand on your lower back when he said it too. That was pretty weird...
Weird to the MAX

I had a science teacher that would weird, he would measure the cheerleaders skirts, flirt, sit in the front of the class and sit a certain way so his pants were tight most weird teacher I've ever had

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.877264,-99.509492

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awww she's so cute.
Aww =)
Well I was trying to be as comforting as possible because I felt bad for her. Haha.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
my friend ronnie owns a 2006 sierra 4X4 and we all went to see my friend john at his work sight as a rent a cop at the college their building down the road. He works the shift from 6 in the evening until 6 in the morning. Ronnie decided at 2 in the morning that he needed to change his oil at the construction sight. After getting everything done with some trouble with the oil filter we proceeded to pour the oil into the engine. Ronnie was like i hear the oil kinda making a dripping sound where is it leaking out of?? John said ahh don't worry its just dripping into the oil pan. needless to say after 6 quarts of oil he checked the dipstick and it was clean, all the oil ran onto the ground and we had to wake up my girlfriend to come rescue us at 3 in the morning to go grab so oil at a 24 hour wal mart. lol he was so pissed!

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
I haven't worked on cars a whole lot but I do have a funny story.

I was helping my step dad with a 1973 Z restoration. I was doing the tear down and it had serious rust issues. I had pulled off the hood front bumper, fenders and I was starting on the doors. I took off the passenger side first, and had about half the weight of the door fall out in the form of rust. Then I moved to the driver side. I was focused on not breaking off the rusty bolts and failed to notice that there seemed to be a lot of wasps around. I pulled the door off, tapped it on the ground and part of a wasps nest fell out, I realized the s**t storm that was about to ensue and dropped the door and ran in to the house. Needless to say I was no longer interested in helping him with his "project cars" anymore.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I haven't worked on cars a whole lot but I do have a funny story.

I was helping my step dad with a 1973 Z restoration. I was doing the tear down and it had serious rust issues. I had pulled off the hood front bumper, fenders and I was starting on the doors. I took off the passenger side first, and had about half the weight of the door fall out in the form of rust. Then I moved to the driver side. I was focused on not breaking off the rusty bolts and failed to notice that there seemed to be a lot of wasps around. I pulled the door off, tapped it on the ground and part of a wasps nest fell out, I realized the s*** storm that was about to ensue and dropped the door and ran in to the house. Needless to say I was no longer interested in helping him with his "project cars" anymore.
Oh hell naw... If I see bees, I run. I hate bugs with a passion. I hate bugs that bite/sting even more.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
While lowering a D-series engine into an 6th gen coupe, I almost dropped the engine on my friend who was guiding the shift linkage through... LOL

Tamerin

Have one that's not just funny but hurt like hell.

Sister has a 1991 Honda Civic, so has that heavy @$$ hood. Well I was trying to replace her Spark Plugs and the hood was in my way, so what did I do? Pushed the hood all the back back so it was flush on the windshield, what did I forget to do? Well I forgot to disconnect the windshield washer fluid lines, so the hood wasn't completely flush.

So there I am, replacing the plugs outside, when blast of wind comes. Hood came soaring down, right onto the right side of my forehead, barely missed my temple. Dazed, cursing, and a small concussion, and should have seen the bruise that was left.

Lesson learned? Remove the damn hood if I am working in the wind, or use a 2x4 to keep the hood all the way back.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
While lowering a D-series engine into an 6th gen coupe, I almost dropped the engine on my friend who was guiding the shift linkage through... LOL
Damn. Look who came back...

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm bored at work and here's one I forgot about:

Some guy came into my Honda dealership once saying is brakes didn't work, and it turns out he had no fluid in his lines (mind you, he had an auto 2001 Accord with VTEC stickers alllllll over it). And I asked him if he did any work on the car and he was like "Yeah I pulled one of the lines off to get to the lower control arm". So I asked if he plugged the line at all, and he said no he just left it open all night. So I proceeded to give him s**t for it and tell him exactly why you plug the lines and how he shouldn't be doing his own work.
And after all that, he thought it would be a good idea to ask me out to dinner. And was super persistent. I refused without hesitation.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I'm bored at work and here's one I forgot about:

Some guy came into my Honda dealership once saying is brakes didn't work, and it turns out he had no fluid in his lines (mind you, he had an auto 2001 Accord with VTEC stickers alllllll over it). And I asked him if he did any work on the car and he was like "Yeah I pulled one of the lines off to get to the lower control arm". So I asked if he plugged the line at all, and he said no he just left it open all night. So I proceeded to give him s*** for it and tell him exactly why you plug the lines and how he shouldn't be doing his own work.
And after all that, he thought it would be a good idea to ask me out to dinner. And was super persistent. I refused without hesitation.
I bet his brakes were fine, he was just a pathetic loser lookin for a date...;)

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He was just pissed a female told him he didn't know how to work on a car, but rightfully so.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He was just pissed a female told him he didn't know how to work on a car, but rightfully so.
And possibly the fact that he got deeeenied. Bad day for that guy.