Gaming Addicts - Who Here Is One?

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dod source and bf2 player here.

used to drift a ton in LFS demo, but kinda lost touch....might do in that today :P

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've been playing CS 1.6 more and more lately. Uh-oh... I'm gonna have to uninstall it and see how long I can go until I just download Steam again and download CS 1.6 back and start playing again. That's the only reason why I hate Steam games. Because you can just download them off the net, as long as you have a product key or purchase them directly online. Keeps me from being able to quit the games I used to be addicted to the most :( lol.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I've been playing CS 1.6 more and more lately. Uh-oh... I'm gonna have to uninstall it and see how long I can go until I just download Steam again and download CS 1.6 back and start playing again. That's the only reason why I hate Steam games. Because you can just download them off the net, as long as you have a product key or purchase them directly online. Keeps me from being able to quit the games I used to be addicted to the most :( lol.
Steam key generators ftw.. I had to get away from that damned game..
I could never figure out how to import my own sprays though.. Irritated me b/c i had a LOT of really funny ones I wanted to use but never got to :(

amej8 said:
I don't get the whole Halo/Halo2 obsession. I have never found Halo to be a fun game. It's too futuristic and no real-type play. Too fantasy for me. I'm more into Counter-Strike. But even source is just way overdone IMHO.
Are you on drugs :lol:? Halo is one of the best games ever. The game itself isnt absolutely great (1 player is boring as hell for halo and h2), but the multiplayer is so competitive, and there are so many possibilities for game types that it makes it rediculously fun. Me and a lot of friends have something we call "Halo Sunday" every sunday. Basically we get 4 boxes, 4 large ass tv's, cables and a hub all in one room. We sit the tv's facing away from each other in the middle of the room, and sit all the chairs facing the tv's and play from like 7 to like 12 or sometimes 1 or 2.. Honestly, its better than ANY online experience ive ever had first person shooter wise :thumbup:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just don't get Halo lol. I've played Live before against others and just don't get it. I don't like it :what:.

I'm starting to get decent at CS too.... But I know I should quit. The only problem with me and CS is, I can be like 20-5 for a good half hour to an hour, then all of a sudden I'll start sucking. But the other day I was going like 40-10 for hours so I kept playing. I only play when I do good. And by good, I don't just mean positive score, I need high kills and very low deaths. Even 20-15 I'll reconnect or stop playing.

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I started playing Unreal 2004 the other day....man I rock in "instant play" where I practice against the pc
I seriously had like 25 kills, 1 death (killed myself)

but then I go online and get raped with all my clothes on. I can't even imagine what its like to play against Fatality or people like that

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I just don't get Halo lol. I've played Live before against others and just don't get it. I don't like it :what:.
I dont like Live.. Too many people cheating, and I really dont like playing against people who live life to play that game (ie play 6 hrs+ per day.. )

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was a gaming addict when i didnt work. mechwarrior mercenaries ftw (also ut2k4 and 2k7). now its more like ncaa and god of war.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DjTripp said:
I started playing Unreal 2004 the other day....man I rock in "instant play" where I practice against the pc
I seriously had like 25 kills, 1 death (killed myself)

but then I go online and get raped with all my clothes on. I can't even imagine what its like to play against Fatality or people like that
unreal tournament, ftmfw!

we used to play the crap out of that. i LOVE the alternative maps.. where it's like moon gravity and you're like the size of a spider. LOVE online play! i haven't played that game in a long time. :(

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
slowhatch said:
i was a gaming addict when i didnt work. mechwarrior mercenaries ftw (also ut2k4 and 2k7). now its more like ncaa and god of war.
Both of those games are the s**t.. Did they have a multiplayer aspect (vs or online) for mercenaries? that game had no replay value, but it was fun as HELL.. "I can use six blocks of C4 when the mission only requires two" :lol:.. fun times..

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
unreal tournament, ftmfw!

we used to play the crap out of that. i LOVE the alternative maps.. where it's like moon gravity and you're like the size of a spider. LOVE online play! i haven't played that game in a long time. :(

lets get a UT2k4 game going?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the last UT we bought was 2k3. i think?

tsk, tsk, tsk, i don't have time for games at the moment, you know that. :D

Gibz

5+ Year Member
I have to get 2k4 installed again.. just formatted my lappy yesterday. And um to the guy who said 2k7 um its not out yet heh.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
everyone here knows i can't stop grinding in post-shattering norrath... see sig and av for details.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i loved unreal--and used to play it all the time online. it got to the point where everything seemed to be going in slo mo. when i tried to play after a year of not playing it--it was fast as hell. lol.

i used to play pso (for the dc, then gc, then xbox) until 6 or 7 am (starting at 5 pm?). i remember losing hella weight because i'd skip eating lol.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
PHANTASY STAR FTMFW!!! lc

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I'm starting to get more into my oldschool stuff. I puulled out all my old systems from the garage last week. I still have Nes, SNES, Gameboy pocket, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo 64, Sega Cd (2 of them), sega dreamcast, sega saturn, Game gear, Playstation, and PS2

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
PHANTASY STAR FTMFW!!! lc
i tried playing that game for game cube and hated it

im currently downloading the 10day free trial of WoW, everyone says ill love it. i hope i do, i got banned from my favorite CS:S server cuz one of the admins likes to abuse his power... so im looking to get addicted to another game or until i can find a good server for CS:S

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pso was best on dreamcast =)

WoW is great :D let us know what server you're on. i'm on hellscream (it's pretty full tho)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i tried playing that game for game cube and hated it

im currently downloading the 10day free trial of WoW, everyone says ill love it. i hope i do, i got banned from my favorite CS:S server cuz one of the admins likes to abuse his power... so im looking to get addicted to another game or until i can find a good server for CS:S
i think you should try everquest2 as well, though you do need a pretty good spec machine to run it well

www.trialoftheisle.com
www.playthefae.com