Hello.... I own a 9th Gen..

bluestar

Ninja Medic
well considering there are only one other thread in this section and it had a guy bashing the 9th gen i guess theres not much love here for us. Anyways, i own a 2012 Civic Si Sedan.... and personally i love my car.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Post pics of the ride! I'm not really a fan of the 9th gen but I'm sure it will grow on me =).

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
There will always be haters. I love my 8thgen but as long as you're happy, that's whats important. Congrats and welcome

bluestar

Ninja Medic
well, im 31 years old..no big plans on the horizon....eventually going to do a short ram intake, cat back exhaust, and some Hids.... and some rims.... As far as aftermarket right now the market is non-existent... but thats to be expected for a while everything is in development. Ive been a fan of the Si for a while but needed a Sedan since i have a daughter. Since the Sedan Si has been out ive been wanting one and finnally decided i was ready to buy. So far i love the car. Good powerband....def. feel the torque compared to earlier models ive drove. Vtec is def. not as pronounced as earlier models but it is there. Vtec comes in about 5200 and redlines about 7000. Plus driving pretty hard and gas mileage around 27 mpg compared to my truck i traded in a 05 dodge ram 4x4 with 5.7 hemi which got 15 mpg no matter how u drove. 31mpg on average.

Yoda approves...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kinda looks like a corolla

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome! I'm not a fan of this gen, but I do like the wheels, sorta. It definitely needs to be slammed on those wheels, with a lip.

The car looks like a cross between a Saturn front end and a Corolla rear end. :what:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There will always be haters. I love my 8thgen but as long as you're happy, that's whats important. Congrats and welcome
8th gen looks very different from the 9th gen. I LOVE the 8th gen's.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man, have fun with it! :thumbs up

bluestar

Ninja Medic
thanks... i actually like the rims.... i like the hfp kit thats out but its only for the coupes....and i would love to drop it when they get the kits out

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Gotta love an si. Car looks pretty good. Congrats!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah definitely^ Glad you like her, my buddy really wants to pic one of these up.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The aftermarket isn't that bare. Its a higher compression k24 so internals are available. Simple bolt ons aren't as plentiful. I don't like the extra body lines on them but its going to be an insane platform to mod considering all the near and over 300hp n/a I series cars out there.

bluestar

Ninja Medic
i like the k24 in it. glad to hear its more torquey.
yea... you can def. tell the extra torque is there and it comes into power band sooner which is nice.... wish i got a Si back 10 years ago when i was in my mad modding days....the eclipse was no where near as peppy as this thing and i had a 75 shot of nos on it. Im not planning on building this thing up like i would love to do... just dont have the funds considering i work for the county and have a fam. but i will get to do a few things...even if i dont get to mod at all im happy with what i have.