how dangerous are speed bumps

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
droppin out is for the lose!!! theres so many bitches here. im at USF.
Tally is better!!! breezies floatin' around everywhere!:lol:

But i think this has been settled. Drop out of school.

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is there any other way you can leave with out going over the bump.. like go the wrong way.. or take the bus and make the school pay for gas>?

thank god i'm in college.. they dont give at s**t about speed bumps where i go. i guess i got lucky

96EXCIVIC

Registered a*****e
5+ Year Member
look heres a simple way to fix this
a hover kit for ur car just hit a switch in front of the speed bumps or any thing else in the way and fly over it
simple as that

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont care if i was late
i just wanted to say something im f**king bored
he wasn't saying you failed cuz you were late.

your comment failed.

usually people dont fail this late but you pulled it off. :thumbs up

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol @ thread. good stuff guys.

i say, if u can't get over it with the angle, try to get it fixed. if u can't fix it, ride the bus.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
taking at an angle can usually completely avoid scraping. im slammed with 3" exhaust piping and i only scrape when i have to drive over a roll-curb (like for a driveway). i can make it over most any speedbump without scraping if i take it right: one wheel over the bump at a time so that one side of your car is always lifted up resulting in more ground clearance for your exhaust :thumbs up

*edit*
moved to off-topic, btw. driving lowered cars over speed bumps isnt really 6th gen specific :lol:

Last edited:

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I scrape my front end more than the back, normally after my front wheels roll over the other side of the bump i get a nice loud crunch, if im going a lil too fast lol, normally 2mph keeps me pretty scrape-less XD

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what does approaching at an angle do? and theres no way to avoid it, theres a curb on either side :(
LMAO!

I'm so used to hitting driveways' bumps at an angle I do it in any car i drive.

Edit: I just noticed how late I am on this lol

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
raise your car to a useful height, you're not gaining any performance that low, it's all looks.
Exactly. Being slammed so low actually hurts your suspension, and driveability. Im not talking about speed bumps and driveways and whatnot, Im talking about saftey and handling. Raise the car up an inch or so, then go for it.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
longest thread on speed bumps. how high is a speed bump damn...

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
god i hate bumps you can't even see, and you're going like 15mph and slam on your brakes once you do see it.