how do u hide ur nitrous!?

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
:haha: :rolf: :haha: :rolf: :haha: :rolf: man you on a roll today!
i'm irate..work today has me in a mood.

that and im tired of hearing wannabe know-it-all kids who think that just because they took their car somewhere to have it worked on, and because of that it's fast.. or at most...changed thier oil by themselves..all of a sudden they're ASE ceritfied mechanics.

it's like they got one pube and all of a sudden they think they're ron jeremy.

oniken

Purely Evil
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Cause Cancer said:
^ no0b.

cops EVERYWHERE are allowed to search your trunk, regardless if you consent. If they see the nitrous bottle when he approaches the car, youre going to be in a s**t load of trouble.
First of all, I am not noob. I probably been drivin longer than you been walkin.

Second, I don't know where you get your information. Maybe in the state you live in cops are allowed to search your vehicle anytime they want, but here in Texas they have to have your consent, even if your on public, state, or government property. A persons vehicle is considered private property in this state, no matter where it is.

And third, I'm not too sure about other states, but in Texas, having a nitrous setup in a street driven vehicle is not illegal, given the fact that the system is not armed except on the track (cough, cough) or on a back road (cough, cough).

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jime said:
That is MY bag. That is from my 95 Maxima GXE Auto. It ran a 12.1 at 110 mph with a 150 shot of NX and was featured in the Oct 03 issue of Modified Magazine.

It is also not illegal to have nitrous where I live so this was more of a joke than anything and to keep prying eyes out. Of course not too many people would suspect having nitrous in an auto Maxima anyway, especially when a grandfather is driving it. :lol:
never heard of modified magazine.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tainted is right, in some respects (talking about autos being better for drag)
They never need to close the throttle plate, thus never loosing boost
You can launce more consistantly
Can be made to shift faster than a human.
BUt riccdogg, you are right too, this is only good for cars that are BUILT for DRAG RACING, and not driven anywhere else except the drag strip. so he isnt entirely wrong. but on that enigne spinning backwards thing....i wont even touch that.

Jime

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanMc300 said:
it exists, ive seen it, never read it cuz its full of gay rice cars.
Actually its one of the truly performance magazines there are.

My car is bone stock externally, what magazine would do a 6 page feature on a bone stock looking vehicle? Only one that is interested in performance.

The fact that a Maxima, a stock looking 4 door family sedan could outrun the editors Viper made them decide to run it.

This is a quote from the Publisher's page:

"We also have some wild sedans for those that are looking for a little more room. We have a Viper-eating 12-second Maxima. Can you imagine the look on that Corvette or Viper owner's face when you smoke him in your completely stock-looking Maxima?"

Here are a couple of pics from the article.

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldnt have Naaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssss in my car so no need to worry where to hide it. I havent seen anyone hide it in their speaker boxes yet :lol:

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jime said:
That is MY bag. That is from my 95 Maxima GXE Auto. It ran a 12.1 at 110 mph with a 150 shot of NX and was featured in the Oct 03 issue of Modified Magazine.
that's my buddy's bronze hatch on page 16 of that issue... it runs 11's... it's not rice...

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well then, they must have changed thier content since the last time ive seen it. good to know.

mike5

DSMPower
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y would u leave ur car stock exterior if ur running 12s? i mean a maxima...
it looks like s**t
id do some mods, who gives a f**k about "surprising" the person u are racing, id rather have evryone know am running a f**kin beast... if ur gona put thatm uch effort into performance, reward urself with some appearance:D

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mike5 said:
it looks like s**t
id do some mods, who gives a f**k about "surprising" the person u are racing, id rather have evryone know am running a f**kin beast... if ur gona put thatm uch effort into performance, reward urself with some appearance:D
it's called a "SLEEPER"

Jime

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mike5 said:
it looks like s**t
What does the exterior have to do with running 12's. I like the stock look much better than most supposedly appearance mods, they make it look just like very other ricer out there that does zilch in the 1/4 mile and makes a lot of noise.

I am not trying to surprise anyone or impress anyone I just like performance and exterior mods don't do that.

There was not a great amount of effort or money spent to do a 12.1 on this car, if you had read the article you would note that there is less than $1700 in mods on this car I bought for $4k. Why would I want to make it look like a ricemobile?

If thats what you are into, go for it.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tainted Ramen said:
I dont recall saying spinning...but if your car is in gear (not reverse) and your moving backwards, then your engine is running backwards am I wrong?
thats not possible, because 1. the damn thing wouldn't be running and 2. you'd have to have a f**ked up compression problem because if its in gear it shouldn't be able to roll backwards, you'll kill it and it will just sit there.

excuse my shitty sounding answer, I'm listening to Ron White, Tater Salad is a pimp...

Last edited:

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tainted Ramen said:
actually automatics are betting for drag racing...fight me if you will, but you will lose
oh, btw.
i win

mike5

DSMPower
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jime said:
What does the exterior have to do with running 12's. I like the stock look much better than most supposedly appearance mods, they make it look just like very other ricer out there that does zilch in the 1/4 mile and makes a lot of noise.

I am not trying to surprise anyone or impress anyone I just like performance and exterior mods don't do that.

There was not a great amount of effort or money spent to do a 12.1 on this car, if you had read the article you would note that there is less than $1700 in mods on this car I bought for $4k. Why would I want to make it look like a ricemobile?

If thats what you are into, go for it.
hell yea im into that
u can call it rice or whatever, but im runin 12s and im gona drop that b***h and slap a skirt on it...at the least...but if u like stock the hey, thats cool =)

Jime

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mike5 said:
hell yea im into that
u can call it rice or whatever, but im runin 12s and im gona drop that b***h and slap a skirt on it...at the least...but if u like stock the hey, thats cool =)
Hey Mike my Son runs 12's in his DSM, not quite as quick as his old man but close, he usually takes me at the brackets. This is his ride. His name is DSMJim on the DSM board. He has a skirts, but not much else, except for that ricey looking cooler on the front. =) You have to take into account my age.

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cops are not dumb they see a bag they ask what is in it. if you say nothing or gym cloths they will ask you to show them if you say no then they have probable cause rigth there by you saying no. same thing with if they ask you if they can search your car if you say yes they will if you say no they will have probable caused because you said no ... if you said yes you would have nothing to hide but by saying no you have somthign to hide thats the way they think and this is a loop hole kinda think with the whole probable caused .. this also works with profileing etc... if somone looks suspicious in any way then they could be hiding somthing and a cop will come looking for somthing thats how cops think .. also i have heard of people putting the bottle inside the back fender of some car and running the wire under the car ..