I received a check to my house, but I dont know what it is!!!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey all
I was expecting my FAFSA check to come in(B16 hmm) and my mom calls me and tells me my FAFSA check for $2400 is at my house. When I pick it up its for $24.00.
It says Tax Relief and Refund account. What exactly does it mean?? It looks legit, not telling me to buy s**t or anything. Anyone else gotten these??

PS: California only!

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You really shouldnt use your fafsa money on engine swaps.. You kinda have to pay that back with interest ;)

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You really shouldnt use your fafsa money on engine swaps.. You kinda have to pay that back with interest ;)
Also if the government finds out it wsn't used for wht it was intended (Financial Aid for EDUCATION), I think you get a big ass fine, you have the pay the money back and also pay back the interst.

Stop being dumb and use the FASFA money for your education and not you're damn car. Your car is not THAT important.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You dont have to pay back FAFSA.
And my motor swap is for school, my D16Y7 has 140000+ miles.

But can somebody answer the main question please?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

That D16 is good for another few thousand miles.

Use the FAFSA for you're school, not because you're 140K mile honda engine is getting "old".

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no one knows what the check was for, try calling the return address and ask them.

and DO NOT SPEND FAFSA on a motor...thats just SILLY

/thread

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I used mine to buy a b20b

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

My D16Y8 is coming up on 147,000 miles and still going strong. I've seen a lot more with tons more miles than mine too.

Bringing up mileage is just an excuse.

And YES, if the government figured out that you scammed them, they will want the money back and then some.

It's meant to help cover for school. Books, tuition and such. Only school related though.

How did you apply for it and have no clue what it is?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'll give you my LS motor and you give me the FAFSA check, i'd rather get some money for school right now :cry:

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you have any doubts, DO NOT TAKE IT TO YOUR BANK. I work at a check cashing place and I see a lot of people who have applied for any loan or grant, they get a check and deposit it right away and the original writer is a fraud and they use the deposit as a means to get your routing and account # and clean you out. Take it to either your bank or a check cashing place and have them check it out for yo first.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
don't waste money on a swap...freaking spend it on something that'll actually benefit you for the rest of your life.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have any doubts, DO NOT TAKE IT TO YOUR BANK. I work at a check cashing place and I see a lot of people who have applied for any loan or grant, they get a check and deposit it right away and the original writer is a fraud and they use the deposit as a means to get your routing and account # and clean you out. Take it to either your bank or a check cashing place and have them check it out for yo first.
that doesn't make any sense

kidsamston

I am DM Kid Samston
5+ Year Member
i used to have an '87 Accord LXi and even at 354,000 miles it was still very strong. i gave it away and i hear from the owner that it still hasn't broken down and hit 400,000 a year ago. and my '93 Accord has 210,000 and it keeps up real nicely with my girlfriends 4th gen Prelude. and my little d16z is at 157,000 and still good. but yeah don't do a swap with the money, use it for school. if not i'll take it!
i need some, i am so broke!!!

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When I was in school I got 1500 back per semester and that money I would give about a g to the parents to help out with bills and the rest I would spend quicker then a gambling addict in vegas. :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1. Don't spend it on your car. Waste right there.
2. My car has 188,8xxk, close to 189k and it STILL runs 100% fine. I wouldn't doubt it lasting 250k+ and still running fine.
3. You REALLY need to reset your priorities if you're even CONSIDERING spending a FAFSA check on your car.

/thread