im getting a 2002 EP3

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ItsAnEP3 said:
well the stock 1/4 mile time for an em1 is 15.7, my first time at the track i ran a 15.8 stock with no weight reduction.....and that was 3 days after buying the car
what kind of mog you getting? j/w if everone is the same with our cars.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Honda fooled everyone with the 7th gen si's.blah.

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
sick bro...! i cant wait to see what you do with this.
i cant wait either im just gonna save up a couple of g's before the summer gets here and just throwm everything i could think of it in im already thinking about the suspension and exhaust..

basically what i want do to it just go the n/a route

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MANNYBOY23 said:
me personally i like to be different from everybody else
then dont buy a civic!!

But seriously, the ep's are cool cars.. and yeah they are a little less endowed in the performance department. But thats nothin a little reflash wont take care of.... wont make it an a2.. but it will pick up whatever the precious em1 can put down.

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dank24 said:
yo nah im not trying to diss on anybody im just the kind of person who tries to be different from everybody else you know everybody got diff taste dont get me wrong the sixth gen si is the best one to come out for mods but i just likr the 7th one for some odd reason

no i cant see myseff in another car other than honda im just too much of a fanatic and all the cars that ive own have been 5th gen civics

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you like it, get it, f**k what everyone else says, don't let them control you. There's atleast a few people for sure that they think your car is nice.

personally i wouldn't mind driving a 7th gen Si at all, nice car,but could of been better , just i know that i'd wish i got something like a Type S DC-5. and if it was the 7th gen si, the 04-05 with the minor revision would be the one for me.

i feel like the 7th gens are just a more well constructed body for a car.just a body style change, because the power is nearly the same.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dank24 said:
Did you mean mods or are you talking about mpg? As far as mods, just the basic i/h/e. Mpgs I really haven't tested out...I drive to work 5 days a week and thats probably a 20 mile 2-way trip, I only have to fill up once a week. It doesn't compare with my old civic VP, but its not that bad.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I ment mpg , not mog/mods lol

I am getting around 15-17 city and 26 highway. If the ep3 didnt guzzle gas I would love it. It just kills me to reach in my pocket 3 times a week and put $20 in gas each time.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dank24 said:
I ment mpg , not mog/mods lol

I am getting around 15-17 city and 26 highway. If the ep3 didnt guzzle gas I would love it. It just kills me to reach in my pocket 3 times a week and put $20 in gas each time.
damn guy, something must be wrong with your car cause I put mine to the floor daily and still have to fill up once a week.

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not as much as my eg8 but i could live with it i could still get by ona full tank a week

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ItsAnEP3 said:
damn guy, something must be wrong with your car cause I put mine to the floor daily and still have to fill up once a week.
its 100% stock, no codes, and only 18k miles , i think.

Rice

5+ Year Member
no dont go n/a manny! theres this sick ep3 out here where i live, hes boosted and that thing is pretty fast. i dont see the k20a3 being fast n/a. =/

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
their is a guy on ephatch. He went n/a got around 200hp and piston 3 exploded. I think the rod or crank could not handle it and the piston smashed up into the head. I would put a blower on with some stage 1 camshafts.

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't know i do want to go the n/a route im going to look into it more if it doesn't work out for me or if i wont get the hp im looking for i def go the turbo route. you know both have their advantages and disadvantages and i just want to make sure im making the right decision

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very nice. Welcome to the EP club you are gonna love it. now for suspension if you want to do a spring/strut combo the best way to go about what you are looking for would be H&R sport springs(2" drop) and tokico d-spec struts. ortherwise i would suggest going with BuddyClub coilovers. by buddy has then and they handle awesome and have a nice ride. and for a power adder go turbo not all motor. our cars can handle about 300 hp before you run into problems.(crank walk)

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so you dont think a 2" drop is that extreme i was thing of 1.8" and the struts..

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MANNYBOY23 said:
so you dont think a 2" drop is that extreme i was thing of 1.8" and the struts..
nah a 2" drop is ok. it is what i have on mine. i wanna get some coilovers though. but if you want a smooth ride and some adjustability of your struts then H&R sports and Tokico D-specs is the way to go. there are quite a few guys runnin that or a very similar setup over on ephatch and they love it.