Jeff's 96 Civic coupe slow build

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I did end up getting the si wheels.

$150 for all of them with like 70% left on the tires. They need a little attention like cleaned real well and what not but I think it was still a deal. Im probably going to grab some new tires for them anyways cause the ones on them are monster truck status. Looks like ill be saving for new tires and im trying to also save up for a ws2 exhaust cause I can't stand this yonaka anymore, it's garbage.

Here's a shot of the wheels. They will work now till I can afford real wheels.

Shot of the sixth gen by the new ninth gen as well

so proud!!!
:what: I haven't heard a single bad thing about Yonaka. If the car were for show, I'd understand, but if it's a DD, not biggie in my opinion.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:what: I haven't heard a single bad thing about Yonaka. If the car were for show, I'd understand, but if it's a DD, not biggie in my opinion.
It was good up till like a year. I've had it for about a year and a half now and it sounds terrible.

Rattles every time I downshift, the resonator hangs way to low and my car isnt even that low to began with. It's just very raspy and rattles like no other. Wait till you put a few miles on it. Don't scrape it on anything either cause that's when mine started. IMO it might be worth the money to get you by for a short time but not for long.

Do it right the first time, I wish I would have

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ground control top hats were ordered tonight. Just one pair for the front

Next up, some new lca bolts from majestic..

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^very nice! Hope the replacement goes smooth, might wanna look at your compensator arms also while your under there..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Compared to the Apex'i, they are worlds apart. Just like Jeff mentioned, they aren't built to last. They don't even sound alike. The Yonoka seems quiet on it's on, but next to the WS2 it's much louder, more of a drone, and the sound gets worse over time. A buddy of mine had the yonaka on his integra, so im speaking from experience.
Had a feeling you would like that. I'll start saving soon cause this exhaust sounds terrible.

Any websites you recommend to get it off? Best price I found was $610 off Thmotorsports
TH is the cheapest i've been seeing around too unfortunately. I asked for a quote not to long ago and the lowest they went was to $590 shipped :( The damn price keeps going up.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^very nice! Hope the replacement goes smooth, might wanna look at your compensator arms also while your under there..
Thanks! as do I.. I'm sure it will go smooth.

I was actually thinking about replacing the bushings in them. Not to sure yet.. Thanks for the heads up though.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Compared to the Apex'i, they are worlds apart. Just like Jeff mentioned, they aren't built to last. They don't even sound alike. The Yonoka seems quiet on it's on, but next to the WS2 it's much louder, more of a drone, and the sound gets worse over time. A buddy of mine had the yonaka on his integra, so im speaking from experience.

TH is the cheapest i've been seeing around too unfortunately. I asked for a quote not to long ago and the lowest they went was to $590 shipped :( The damn price keeps going up.
Yea, It defiantly sounds worse the more miles you put on it. I can't take it anymore. Like everyone says... you get what you pay for.

That seemed to be the cheapest I could find as well. A little pricey yeah but ill spend the money this time for something that will last. Thanks for your input Kerry.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It was good up till like a year. I've had it for about a year and a half now and it sounds terrible.

Rattles every time I downshift, the resonator hangs way to low and my car isnt even that low to began with. It's just very raspy and rattles like no other. Wait till you put a few miles on it. Don't scrape it on anything either cause that's when mine started. IMO it might be worth the money to get you by for a short time but not for long.

Do it right the first time, I wish I would have

Yea, It defiantly sounds worse the more miles you put on it. I can't take it anymore. Like everyone says... you get what you pay for.

That seemed to be the cheapest I could find as well. A little pricey yeah but ill spend the money this time for something that will last. Thanks for your input Kerry.
This thread (and CHILD's quality control on his build) have swayed me from using cheap parts. I'll be going with the WS2, gents :D
The more thought I put into it, the more it makes sense to go with good stuff for a DD. I'm going to be driving it daily, it needs to last.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup. sucks having to wait to save up enough for parts, but will serve you better in the long run

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This thread (and CHILD's quality control on his build) have swayed me from using cheap parts. I'll be going with the WS2, gents :D
The more thought I put into it, the more it makes sense to go with good stuff for a DD. I'm going to be driving it daily, it needs to last.
Good choice :thumbs up

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup. sucks having to wait to save up enough for parts, but will serve you better in the long run
Just takes a little longer to save but like you said it will be much better in the long run!

The top hats shipped and should arrive on Monday

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Internet was down for a little bit but now that I can post again my top hats came in.

I also picked up another oem piece that I'm glad I found since its discontinued now!

Will have some pics up of both items!

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bought another piece tonight for the civic.

Been looking at getting a daily driver as well... Might be checking out an MDX.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I need genuine ctr lip. Good stuff

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man I need genuine ctr lip. Good stuff
Thanks!

There goes the cash I was using to save up for the new exhaust. I couldn't pass this up though, it was even already painted. Plus, I haven't seen icb get any new ones in at all.

Need some opinions on the front grill. I recently bought the oem grill with the H logo on it but I have a chance now to grab a 96-98 OEM CTR grill for a cheap price. Im on the fence yet, just wanted to see some more opinions.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Was able to grab a new front bumper off a local! Much cleaner and better paint then mine was. Just needs a quick wash as it's been sitting around.

This was another reason I wanted a new front bumper... Im originally from NY and we require a front plate. Well, from the previous owner someone decided to drill their holes right in the bumper. It has bothered me for a while so I just replaced it :cool:

Thanks for looking! More to come of course

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
grab that CTR or link me to it so i can buy it lol. Discontinued parts all day.