Megan...

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill be dropped before you bg...not as low but something.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha I feel you. I'll probably drop just a little lower than the H&R's. So wanna help me once they come in?PM me your number again.I lost it because I'm rockin the MDA from T-Mobile now.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when you installing them? i am free as i dont start work till tues. make sure you have liquid wrench dude or maybe nto since you recently took your suspension apart..should be a quick install.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmm....Im really looking at these for a cheap alternative for a drop until I can get full coilovers....glad to see everyone thinks their good. :thumbs up

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I just realized, these aren't really the Megan coilovers are they...The advertised ones(See first post) and only ones on Megan's site have red springs...These are silver and also don't have a stamp or even a sticker of Megan on them.They also have no markings to differentiate between front and rear, which the Megan's have different spring rates. I got them from robearracing.com and I sent them an email already. I'll be giving them a call in the morning...Wow I'm pissed...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow dude.. sorry to hear they effed up your order.. I hope you get everything straightened out!

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all the springs on the megan sleeves are the same thing. None of them have different spring rates.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why does it say they do on the Megan site and even from robearracing.com it says they do...

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah it's definitely NRG coilovers. The part number on the box I got matches the one on NRGinnovations.com.Robearracing better exchange them for no charge to me. I didn't pay $113 for $55 NRG coilovers.Bastards.

Junun

Monkey Smuggler
5+ Year Member
That sucks man, i was actually thinking about ordering those myself. Now I dont know what to do!

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i have read up on them they are ebay quality. i was thinking about them but when i found that out i said no. now im going with Buddy Club N+

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you talking about the Megans?
yes megan racing is along the lines of ebay quality. on clubrsx and even on ephatch they say to stay clear of them even though there are a few people on there that have them. just spend the extra money and get a nice set like tein or buddyclub or even look into tanabe coilovers i have heard good about them.

meganracing is ebay quality.
this isn't my opinion but when my friend and I were picking it up,
the guy that was selling it to me told me so (some big asian guy..kinda chubby, meganracing dealer)
I asked him how these are compared to Tein and stuff..
he said not even close, these u can compare them to ebay coilovers.

for none-serious first-time tuners..
then i would suggest these as a start, since u need some practice avoiding potholes and getting used to driving responsibly in a lowered car. these are good to be used as beaters.

for 2nd coilovers, moonsi suggested me buddy club racing spec coilovers.

from my experience, i would never buy meganracing again. The perches just pissed me off. People who bought $1.2k+ priced coilovers never complained about the perches. If i keep on modding my ep, i would get buddy club racing spec.

GoDave!

yes megan racing is along the lines of ebay quality. on clubrsx and even on ephatch they say to stay clear of them even though there are a few people on there that have them. just spend the extra money and get a nice set like tein or buddyclub or even look into tanabe coilovers i have heard good about them.
Sooo you are saying this because you took the word of some RSX forum fags that took the word of some dumb fat asian dude that said Tein is better because he thinks he is pure bred JDM? I would love to know what this Asian guy actually does at theis Megan "dealer"

First time none serious tuners???? I guess that explains why all out track cars are switching to this suspension everywhere I look.

When was this like 3-4 years ago?? haha.
I don't know what you're smoking but they do make an AMAZING coilover system. I have been in quite a few cars with them and I was speechless. Better than ANY suspension I have ever had on any of my cars and I am a cornering freak. My friend has the street series on his CRX, and I have a friend with them on his 240SX. Alot of manufacturers actually recommend this particular coilover system over anything they've ever tried. EVEN TEIN or Buddyclub. VIP Garage is one of the most popular performance shops for DSMs and Nissans on the east coast and they now only deal with Megan. even on their Lancer Evo race car. Hondas are no different. They have lasted on the 240SX for quite a while and that thing takes to the hard streets on Northern VA every single day, never a problem. And the 240sx is one of the most amazing handling cars I have ever been in or driven.

I remember when I had my first Honda quite a few years back and I bought a Megan SS race header for it (Prelude Si w/H22A) I did get it off Ebay for like 180. But I actually felt a difference from the first DC Sport header I had on it. And that was when everyone though that the DC header was the s**t and the only one to get. Megan has come out of the woodwork with the quality of their products and I think they deserve a little bit more respect than that. They have stepped it up bigtime. All I saw that was "Megan" back in the day was that header, mufflers, and a bit later they had a strut tower bar. And they were cheap, but stirdy. Years later they are making bomb ass s**t.

I will always be a happy customer. And I cannot WAIT for the day my CRX gets equipped with their coilovers!

JUST GO HERE TO LEARN A BIT MORE ABOUT THEM AND READ UP ON THEIR RACE CARS: And feel free to browse around the site and specs of their products.

http://www.meganracing.com/contact/aboutus.asp

96_vtec_lude

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the best combo, Megan makes a full coilover kit with 32-ways of damper force adjustment.. They make a street and a track series. They are amazing incredible. I have a friend with the kit on a 240SX and a CRX. . They are a pretty reputable company now. I will be getting their suspension for this year as well.

Should be anywhere from $800-900. And worth the time to save. I don't know if they make them for your vehicle or not you might have to call them. Sometimes they won't have something they make listed.

www.meganracing.com
i have this exact set-up on my civ with an h22, you couldn't tell the differnce of the extra weight over the front wheels, they are a little stiff for daily driving but not horrible, and they are INCREDIBLE for high speed cornering and when i launch my car i have no lift in the front and no sag in the rear..... i think they are an awesome buy for the money you spend

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sooo you are saying this because you took the word of some RSX forum fags that took the word of some dumb fat asian dude that said Tein is better because he thinks he is pure bred JDM? I would love to know what this Asian guy actually does at theis Megan "dealer"

First time none serious tuners???? I guess that explains why all out track cars are switching to this suspension everywhere I look.

When was this like 3-4 years ago?? haha.
I don't know what you're smoking but they do make an AMAZING coilover system. I have been in quite a few cars with them and I was speechless. Better than ANY suspension I have ever had on any of my cars and I am a cornering freak. My friend has the street series on his CRX, and I have a friend with them on his 240SX. Alot of manufacturers actually recommend this particular coilover system over anything they've ever tried. EVEN TEIN or Buddyclub. VIP Garage is one of the most popular performance shops for DSMs and Nissans on the east coast and they now only deal with Megan. even on their Lancer Evo race car. Hondas are no different. They have lasted on the 240SX for quite a while and that thing takes to the hard streets on Northern VA every single day, never a problem. And the 240sx is one of the most amazing handling cars I have ever been in or driven.

I remember when I had my first Honda quite a few years back and I bought a Megan SS race header for it (Prelude Si w/H22A) I did get it off Ebay for like 180. But I actually felt a difference from the first DC Sport header I had on it. And that was when everyone though that the DC header was the s**t and the only one to get. Megan has come out of the woodwork with the quality of their products and I think they deserve a little bit more respect than that. They have stepped it up bigtime. All I saw that was "Megan" back in the day was that header, mufflers, and a bit later they had a strut tower bar. And they were cheap, but stirdy. Years later they are making bomb ass s**t.

I will always be a happy customer. And I cannot WAIT for the day my CRX gets equipped with their coilovers!

JUST GO HERE TO LEARN A BIT MORE ABOUT THEM AND READ UP ON THEIR RACE CARS: And feel free to browse around the site and specs of their products.

http://www.meganracing.com/contact/aboutus.asp
take it easy man no need to get all worked up jeez. all i am saying is that they are like ebay quality stuff and that there are better setups out there. never once did i say that he shouldnt get it just suggested something better that is all. and actually alot of the people over on clubrsx are having issues with megan coilovers. i myself would never get them but that doesnt mean others cant. a nice shock/spring combo is the way to go imo and from what i have read over the past few months of researching.