Motor Swaps

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As of recent many people have been coming in here talking about what they need, or what is the best motor swap for their car. My suggestion to anyone who wants information on this is to first a do a search (search bar is at top right corner of site) most questions have been answered very thouroughly, and have covered many different car/motor combinations. If after you have searched and you have found nothing on your plans, then feel free to post up a question dealing with your swap

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive been meaning to do this one of these days, but just compile a list of swaps and cars and just put it as a sticky so we can stop with the questions... ive just got too much stuff to do.

Civlude

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got mine from www.hmotorsonline.com all motors are compressioned tested and are cleaned before shipping. All motors come with a 100% start up gaurantee. Also, all sensors are gauranteed as well, and if any of them are broken they are replaced absolutely free.

Steve at hmotors kicks ass! If i ever get another civic and decided to do another swap, i wouldnt hesitate going to him.

civic_h22a

Stock sucks ASS
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got mine at http://www.total-boost.com Herman is awesome. I got the wrong axels at first snd he replaced them and also threw in a civic wiring harness, radiator/fans, and shifter.
www.hmotorsonline.com is great too. Their motors are cleaned a lot better thatn the ones from total-boost but none the less a H22 is a H22. Good luck

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can't wait to put in my h22 i love bragging and talking about the h22 because it pisses everybody off because its a hard swap but a fu-king fast ass one.... anybody that doesn't have an h22 in there car should kill themself......... haha

never2old

Get off the phone & Drive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civlude said:
Yes its the way to go. You can swap in a bone stock jdm h22 and run mid to low 14s all day long. Add a header and some drag radials...... mid to high 13s easy. And if you want proof i can show you MY timeslips to prove it (bone stock jdm h22a 14.0 @ 99 mph).
Perfect, thats what i wanted to hear....Planning on dropping an engine in first week of April and i think i have come to the conclusion to go with the H22. Have you had any issues that I may want to address w/that motor??

avo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey all,
I just swapped out my stock D15B7 for a D16Z6 on my 95 LX sedan. I am still on hold for
a new distributer for the Z6 which i should have by tomorrow which is also the day i want to turn the key.
My question is:
After finding out that the VTEC block ECU has a couple more sensors than the stock 95 LX ECU,
Will i be able to run the Z6 without mishap with the stock ECU that came original with the B7 or must the ECU be replaced or modified as well?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
avo said:
Hey all,
I just swapped out my stock D15B7 for a D16Z6 on my 95 LX sedan. I am still on hold for
a new distributer for the Z6 which i should have by tomorrow which is also the day i want to turn the key.
My question is:
After finding out that the VTEC block ECU has a couple more sensors than the stock 95 LX ECU,
Will i be able to run the Z6 without mishap with the stock ECU that came original with the B7 or must the ECU be replaced or modified as well?
you need to only run 2 wires to the ECU. and one for ground.

94DXWGSR

SwappedOut
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just finished swaping a B16a2 in place of my d15b7 and i tell you it wasn't all peaches and cream like everyone said it would be...im impressed with the results though

civic_tuner_182

MINE IS FASTER
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im looking for an engin swap for a 1993 honda del sol let me know if u got something

HyPnOtIk

Vtec Power !!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a b18 will fit into just about any honda . if you want an h22 for anything 95 and below it will be a drag car . the h22 motor is to big to fit anything you would need to steer an everyday driver on the roads .

94CIVICGS-R

5+ Year Member
im fixin to swap mine for a b-18c1GS-R. The motor is sitting in my garage yelling for me to put it in but i havent had the time.

kristhian

5+ Year Member
i need some help.... i get a civic si 92 but my engine is a d16y6 not comun right??? but my question is if anyone knows what engine is better tell me. the d16a or the d16y6

kingpin45

5+ Year Member
Does anybody with an H22 run nitrous, what do you think stock internals can handle I am thinking a 75 shot

kingpin45

5+ Year Member
I just ordered my JDM H22 from Hmotors w/ lsd Hasport mounts and axles I also need to buy a water pump and do a 5spd conversion. My question is what parts are different on an JDM vs. USDM H22 does it matter when i by parts like water pump, timing belt gaskets or any other little things i need. Also for installing the clutch do I use a slave cylinder and pedal from a civic and a master cylinder from prelude. I am trying to get the the misc parts i need before my engine comes in (1 month back order)
Thanks