Motor Swaps

TicoRacing

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im alllll confused, Im just going to throw away my Civic. I want to swap an engine in my budget is $2500. I hear all these ppl talking good and bad things about B16A But i was told its the best engine to put into a 95 Civic Dx Coupe. So can anyone from experience tell me the truth, am I wasting my time and money on the swap?
Is a B16A2 fun or not?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TicoRacing said:
Im alllll confused, Im just going to throw away my Civic. I want to swap an engine in my budget is $2500. I hear all these ppl talking good and bad things about B16A But i was told its the best engine to put into a 95 Civic Dx Coupe. So can anyone from experience tell me the truth, am I wasting my time and money on the swap?
Is a B16A2 fun or not?
yeah a b16 is more fun than a stock civic. ive had one. was it enough for me? no. will i have another? probably not. i got a gsr. that wasnt enough. i put on nitrous. that wasnt enough. i just built my gsr, and boosting soon. will that be enough? probably not.....

whats enough for you? thats how you decide what is worth it or not.

knives145

5+ Year Member
I know nothing about engines ok

look i just bought a 1993 civic sedan it has a D16Z6 engine its automatic with 145000 miles on the engine i wanna know if its a good to swap the engine for a different one or keep the same one and fix it up. if its better to swap the engine could anyone with alot of experience tell me what kind of engine is good for me to buy and why. i need help please i am new to this and i wanna make my car go faster

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
knives145 said:
look i just bought a 1993 civic sedan it has a D16Z6 engine its automatic with 145000 miles on the engine i wanna know if its a good to swap the engine for a different one or keep the same one and fix it up. if its better to swap the engine could anyone with alot of experience tell me what kind of engine is good for me to buy and why. i need help please i am new to this and i wanna make my car go faster
you wanna go faster eh? forget swapping motors, swap that pos tranny. then boost that motor.

knives145

5+ Year Member
thanks

thanks alot but i still don't know what kind of tranny to use i am still kind of new to this it would be great help if i pas pointed in the right derection and thank you=)

Last edited by a moderator:

93_Si

5+ Year Member
in all of your opinions is it worth rebuilding my d16z6 shes burnin oil pretty bad. she only has 176kms on it, but due to the abuse from the previous owners the pistons are quite carboned up. or would it be better just to do a b18 swap

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
knives145 said:
thanks alot but i still don't know what kind of tranny to use i am still kind of new to this it would be great help if i pas pointed in the right derection and thank you=)

Dont use big font and dont be an ass. I will point you in the right direction, look right on the CC toolbar and look for the Search tab....Click it and type in 5 speed swap and read away.

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't believe people are saying the H22A is the best motor swap. Wrong. Most of the time a H22 civic will always be a H22 civic. K-Series has shown alot of potential. 12 second stock in the 1/4 mile. Grrrrreat on the autocross. Very streetable and reliable. Best swap known to date. I build 1 for a shop i worked at and now buiding one for me and my brother is building one for him. A little more expensive but its well worth it.

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h22 is worth it if your patient. a guy i know can wrap the speedometer but the car is so light it starts to feel like its floating.

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with the h22 you have to cut into the firewall to fit the motor. the h doesn't sit like the b's or d's if you notices it sits back further.

94civ94lude

5+ Year Member
GreenSpeed503 said:
with the h22 you have to cut into the firewall to fit the motor. the h doesn't sit like the b's or d's if you notices it sits back further.
I dont know about that! the only thing I had to cut to do my h22 swap was the tranny mount. Car runs great though it's fun.

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GreenSpeed503 said:
What are you talking about man???? Have you ever done an h-series swap??

-Jason

osoflin

5+ Year Member
Hi, what kind of suspension upgrades do I need to perform to my civic to support and perform better with a h22?

Thanks

jon julian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nvr underestimate the power of a jdm b16a, they take bolt ons very well and can build em up a few different ways, there more "affordable", and are fun, with less hassles.

Hkarmy

Kushboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
talk about bolt ons greddy bolt on kit gives it a nice amount of power but i still say the B18C is my fav and is easy

Luis998

Honda Enthusiast
5+ Year Member
in all of your opinions is it worth rebuilding my d16z6 shes burnin oil pretty bad. she only has 176kms on it, but due to the abuse from the previous owners the pistons are quite carboned up. or would it be better just to do a b18 swap
*cough* SWAP! *cough* It'll be more fun in the end. I just swapped out my d15 for a Z6 until I can get my B18 which will be TONS more fun than the Z6. It all depends on what your goals are and what you want. For now the Z6 will give me something to play with until the next upgrade.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do u guys know no one has made a new post on this thread in like 10 months?